Asbury University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Asbury University

In my opinion they do not actually operate as a christian university. Christianity is about helping and forgiving. Not condemning. However, here if you are struggling with a problem it almost feel as if there is no one to actually help because you're afraid of being suspended or expelled. The mold caused me to become horridly sick which affected my grades. There is next to no affordable stores within walking distance. they have a locally owned grocery store that in my opinion is over priced. While i felt safe walking alone in the dark, i would not suggest walking around during the winter in the dark because they do not properly clear leaves and salt for ice. I fell down a set of cement stairs and nobody ever came to ask me what the problem was. There were icy leaves all over the stairs which could have helped me if they had been cleared.

Deionta

I love Asbury University. Great staff and peers. This is an awesome school to attend. You will not regret your decision to be apart of a family away from home. This is a big decision in your life so choosing wisely is a must. They stand on the their morals and standards as a whole. College should be taken seriously and Asbury as put an imprint on myself and my family heart. I will recommend Asbury to anyone. They believe God first and then education!!!!

Allison

I love Asbury. I could not have gone anywhere else. Asbury has a variety of people and trips to attend. The largest class I’ve been in is around 40 students and that was a Gen-Ed. I’ve had a class of five people for multiple classes. As you get into your major your class size gets really small.

Rebekah

I love it. Its a great place to go to school as its a great community and it is also a great place for academics. The staff members are welcoming and knowledgeable. The community is also a very close knit community with students from all over the world. This international atmosphere is very important to me.

Victoria

Asbury is very intentional in that it seeks out the incoming students to ensure they are included in the community. I highly recommend this college because it has provided an extremely welcoming, growing, bonding, and friendly experience. Without a doubt, I would return to Asbury, both for the experience had here, and for the engaging atmosphere that is undeniably present.

Joshua

Asbury University is an excellent choice if you are looking for a Christian school rooted in the Wesleyan Holiness tradition. Because it is excellent for this group of people, it may not be the best fit for others, which is an important factor to keep in mind. Here's some of what I experienced at Asbury university: I was introduced to many of the greatest writings from the past for my major (Hebrew, Greek, and Latin works) while also learning about cutting edge practices through my business classes for my minor. I was introduced to new people from other cultures on a weekly basis through a program at the school and, through an incredible program at the university, was able to spend eight weeks (paid!) traveling through Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo learning about the cultures and learning with and from many African leaders. I also made friends from significantly different backgrounds than my own. These excellent opportunities, along with the fact that there were at least five countries represented on my residence hall of 28 men, shows Asbury's commitment to a world-wide reach and for preparing students to engage not only their own culture and to engage with those who at first seem different from them. Now, as an alumnus (who is attending a different school at the moment for another degree and who has worked at yet another university), I can honestly say that there is no other school with such a strong alumni base that appreciates the school NOT for its athletic programs but for what it stands for and teaches. This is a testament to the mission-driven and mission-focused nature of Asbury University. I'm a proud alumnus, and if this school seems right for you, I'm sure you will be too.

Dora

I am in love with this school and took a few classes as a highschool senior. It is my dream school because the teachers invest in their students. The atmosphere is one of learning and critical thinking. It is fun to be there. If you prefer smaller communities, its also good. Stellar art professors.

Victoria

Asbury University is not your typical college. Besides being a liberal arts institution, it is also a nondenominational Christian school. The experience I have had so far at Asbury is unique. Of course, it has its pros and cons, but I have never doubted my decision in becoming an Asbury Eagle. I have had the opportunity to join many extracurricular activities, from running cross country to being on the staff of our school's magazine, and I have noticed the way our school values the arts, such as theatre or poetry, much more than our sports. We often struggle to get students to watch our basketball games, but people will spend $5 on a ticket to watch a musical production by students. However, Asbury is working towards changing that so every department gets equal recognition. Our academics are excellent, with a wide variety of interesting classes and majors to choose from. The liberal arts courses we are required to take are always full of great discussions and help you get a break in your schedule from all your major classes. My favorite part about Asbury is the community. It is so easy to find a group of people to connect with due to all the clubs and activities. Community is something Asbury highly values and it is evident to see how inclusive the environment is. There is no discrimination against race or religion. Asbury is a great school to consider if you enjoy meaningful relationships and quality courses.

Madison

Asbury is an amazing school and I love it here. The professors are amazing and are available to talk almost whenever and they teach you way way more than just the content of the class. The people here are very loving and friendly, and are there whenever you need something. It is definitely a certain taste, as we are a religious school and we have rules and standards to follow, but overall I would recommend everyone to check it out!

Alaina

I love the Equine program and the culture, I have had tons of of hands on experience with the horses at the equine enter and have been supported and encouraged by friends and faculty. most of the professors are great. Small class sizes and you can really get to know the professors.

Juniper

Great school that provides an atmosphere to think and challenge thoughts, and allows for self expression. Facility and community are very welcoming and involved in school and town events. This school also allows a safe environment for students to grow in their faith.

Caroline

I think what makes Asbury great is it's community. The students are very close knit there and are willing to get to know one another. The classes are ALL beneficial, even the Gen Eds, and as you sit in class you feel you are learning important information from intelligent teachers. The community centers itself around a christian faith and the community reflect a spiritual attitude that is real. Asbury hopes to send its students out into to the world to help change it for the better.

Jim

I've never been so embarrassed to admit that I graduated from this institution. It preaches forgiveness and new beginnings and yet is the same old judgmental, hardened, fundamentalist school. I WOULD NEVER ALLOW MY KID TO ATTEND HERE.

Leandra

I love the fact that it is a christian university and has some of the same beliefs that I do. I can't wait to get started. I am in the middle of transferring from another college. My current college is okay but I wanted to change my major and attend a college in the state where I live.

Zoey

I enjoy many things about Asbury including the small but extremely loving community built there. The school is small and the class sizes are no more than 30 students, my smallest class is 12 students. Our school is a christian campus, meaning we attend chapel and have worship from 10 am to 10:50 am Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The professors are always there for you both spiritually and educationally as well as the many groups to join outside of the classroom. They're very artistic and the friends you make are ones to keep beyond the classroom. Asbury holds small adventures that lead to wonderful memories.