Asheville, NC
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College

Matthew

I think that Asheville Buncombe technical community college is a very repetitive place. Theres not any excitement going on, you go there to take the classes you need and theres not much more to the environment other than just going to class everyday. Asheville-Buncombe Technical College is not a very friendly environment.

Courtney

Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College (ABTECH) is a growing community college with a great history for expanding education in rural areas, and an enormous potential. Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College offers a variety of workforce-focused programs, from a bachelor's degree in nursing to mechanical engineering, to dental hygiene and pre-kindergarten education. ABTECH is a an excellent employer in the mountains, and responsible for multiple generations of students in rural areas having access to education. They have helped the local economy in Asheville, NC, our busy little town, to grow tremendously. ABTECH is known for it's small class sizes, affordable education, updated campus facilities, and ample resources available to students. ABTECH is recognized by many four year universities in the surrounding areas where transfer credits are accepted, and many students choose to begin their education at ABTECH in an effort to benefit themselves financially long term. I highly recommend that recent graduates and adult-learners alike consider ABTECH in order to achieve their goals and make a better path for themselves.

Sadie

AB Tech is a wonderful community college with a plethora of scholarships that are available upon completion of the FAFSA. The class sizes are small enough to make it easy to form relationships with classmates and teachers/professors, and it's close enough to downtown, West Asheville, and Biltmore Village to take some of the stress out of the daily commute. There is no on-campus or off-campus housing, but there are plenty of bulletin boards advertising rooms for rent, sublets, etc. All of that considered, AB Tech is worth it. It's inexpensive, you get a good education, and the diversity of the student body is fantastic.

Johnny

It is pretty good--not great, but pret-tay, pret-tay good.

It is pretty good--not great, but pret-tay, pret-tay good.

Candace

I do know of any stereotypes about the students at this school.

I do know of any stereotypes about the students at this school.

The students at the school are a wide variety of people and ethnicities.

AB Tech offers a wide variety of programs. There are also three transfer programs.

Darien

It is best known for enabling students to graduate in five years or less with their high school diploma and their Associate's Degree...all for free.

Well I sort of AM a high school Senior and since I have been in college for almost four years now, I'm pretty sure I've got the transition thing down. I had to really transition from a middle school to both a high school and a college at the same time. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to not worry so much about being the best student in every class. You can't always be perfect. And organization. That is very important. Try to keep your assignments and everything organized and it will definitely help you go far in your classes.

Well my school is both a high school AND a college and it is a free program funded by Bill Gates. It is called Buncombe County Early College. I like the fact that I am able to take both high school classes and college classes at the same time and get my AA Degree earlier than most people.

Joseph

College life is completely different from the high school experience. Even though the professos at Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College care about you as a person, you must also realize that you are more of an adult now that you are no longer in highschool. Your classes and attending them is your responsibility. As a young adult, you are expected to operate in the respect that you are capable of maintaining a GPA that is reflectant of your ability. It is to your advantage to make sound moral decisions, confirming that you are interested in not only attaining an education, but also in making a wealth of new connections to a life that will nurture your adulthood. The community where I go to school is friendly, tolerant, and appreciative of diversity and I feel that this type of environment is the best one in which anyone can learn. I never fail to feel accepted and I am always able to communicate with my professors and fellow classmates. Advice? Jump in, getting both feet wet. Never settle for an instant of memories when you can accomplish a lifetime of experience.

Any person can attend this school. I would recommend this college to any individual who values diversity, an extraordinary education, and a community-like atmosphere where everyone can learn.

My school is extraordinary in that everyone is singular. No two students are alike. Professors respect everyone equally, giving everyone a mutual amount of consideration. The students and professors here all work togeter to retain a community feeling; working together to achieve a learning community that benefits everyone. I feel valued; professors actually listen to my voice.

Christina

My classmates are all much older than I am but all very nice so far.

My classmates are all much older than I am but all very nice so far.

I would tell myself not to take hard classes the first semester, instead let that semester be your transition semester. It really does take a whole semester to figure out your college routine and learn how to take advantage of all of the available help on campus. I also would tell myself to not be afraid to take remedial classes because it looks but much better on your transcripts to have an A in a remedial class than an F in a regular class because you were not prepared.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of social activities. I understand that it is a community college but there is only one activity day per semester.

Karla

Being the communities college. Meaning that they are available to a wide variety of people.

I would tell myself that its better to go onto school instead of taking a break. I would be so much farther in life if I hadn't waited to attend college.

I like the flexibility of the classes. I can still hold down a full time job and get the education I need.

Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.