San Diego, CA
Ashford University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ashford University

Rachael

There is a Café that students can go to and chat with other students for advise. Also, Facebook is available to chat with other students.

All the professors have been very helpful and understanding.

Ronicia

For the online students, one stereotype in particular is that we barely work. That is so not true. We get to work at our own pace but we have deadlines just like everyone else.

My classmates are very well-mannered. We are like one big family who supports each other.

Kimberly

I love Ashford University. I am taking online classes for Business Information Technology. The one thing that I do love about the classes I am taking is that they are very challenging. And, the skills that I have learned over the last year, Come in handy with other classes or just in my everyday life. The professor are tough but, fair they give you great feed back which makes me want to want to tkle what they are saying and apply the feed back to the work for the following week. At first trying to get 3 paper written a week seems like a lot of work. But, I learned to pace myself over the week so it does not seem like a tone of work each week. And, you do get use to the work load really quickly. Ashford University is the best online college ever.

The students that I take online classes with are mainly older adults. Most of them are in the military or are retired from the military. And, the ones that are in military compared to the ones who are not are tougher on me when it comes to my work. But, they make me want to work harder which is the pace that they are use to. Those that are not in the military can be just as tough on me and also make me want to be a better student by challenging my work and my opinions of the subject that we are discussing. The online classes at Ashford University are awesome..

The Academics at Ashford University are challenging. The professor are tough but fair. The classes that I am taking are hard but they do challenge me to be a better student. You do not have to be a young adult to go to college. Taking the online classes with other adults makes me feel a lot more comfortable. If, you want to be challenged then Ashford University will do that for anyone who wants to get a college education.

Keelynn

I am best known for being an optimistic person. I try to make the best of every situation for myself and others. I believe in by spreading positivity it will bring forth a positive outcome.

I would tell my highschool self to make a plan and stick to it. I was so indecisive, it cost me a lot of time. I think if I had a plan I would be a lot further in my education by now.

The most frustrating thing about college for me is the cost of each individual class. At Ashford university is approximately 1400$ per class. It makes it hard to take extra courses.

They were helpful in getting me financial aid and helped me fill out the enrollment paperwork. Other schools just were not as friendly.

I would advise myself not to go to college right after graduating high school, but not to wait twenty-two years either. I was not ready for college at eighteen. Most likely I would have been too involved with the social aspects of college and not focused on my education. Waiting til I was mid twenties, and more responsible would be my best chance of success. Waiting twenty-two years is too long to wait. I have a lot of life experience, but now I am going out of neccissity as opposed to going when I could take full advantage of the earning potential my degree will provide. Ultimately, I would advise myself to go to college at twenty-four.

The availability of online classes so I can attend classes on my schedule.

Alejandra

Ashford University is a school that caters to every student's desire to learn, achieve and succeed in whatever it is they want for their future.

When looking for schools, I looked for one that really focused on my major. A school that would result in an education, knowledge, and an experience that would last me forever.

As a student returning to college after a long break, I would tell myself to focus and set goals for yourself. Setting goals for yourself motivates you to succeed and continue the hard journey. There will be obstacles and life altering changes that can impact your motivation to continue, but knowing that these are only temporary, can help you through.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to study as hard as possible. I would tell myself that college is not cheap, that applying yourself to the fullest potential in high school is for the better. I would remind myself that self-concept changes over time and I am still growing as an individual in society. Education is everything, without it you will not get very far. I would remind myself that knowledge is what changes the world and it is in the palm of my hands.

Honestly, I wish I would have done my research better. I failed to check the reviews posted online. After doing so, I realized that the majority of online students were having similar problems as I.

Trying to get someone on the telephone line is almost impossible at Ashford University. I was removed from classes because I could not manage to get my financial aid advisor on the line, I called multiple times for a week straight.

Heather

Somewhere around my junior year of college I learned the key to college success. I believe the more people that know this tip would not be scared of education or believe that they have to be a certain amount of intelligence to complete college or even go to college in the first place. My husband had pointed out one day my quirky study habit: I like to highlight each question in every assignment a different color so I know what the assignment is specifically asking of me so I do not skip any required elements. Eventually it dawned on me that all school or college is, is a question and an answer. I then noticed that I am not even expected to come up with the answer by my own intelligence: I am just expected to find the answer in the textbook that the class provided. What? Teachers do not care what my opinion is? What? Teachers want me to learn just the facts? What? Teachers just want me to support my found-answer with the text that they provided or scholarly, credible sources that I can site? My mind was blown; and college has been a breeze ever since.

Ashford University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.