San Diego, CA
Ashford University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ashford University

Tara

Flexiable, Learning Instutions with experienced Instructors and diverse students working to better themselves.

I would push my self to find the right career and college. I would express how important a college degree is for myself and the reward. I would say do not give up college invovles so much as it's apart of young adulthood. College is a lot easier for high schooler fresh out of school as life and responsibitlties increase with life and time. Just do it...

People with busy lives and thoses wanting to attend college online

Athena

My classmates are very supportive in their feedback on discussions.

My classmates are very supportive in their feedback on discussions.

Talking to myself as a senior I would say, "It is not you it is them. Do not let the negative things people have said scare you away from trying because you are good enough. Your mother was wrong. You are not too lazy or too stupid and you actually can do anything you set your mind to. When you go to college you will find out how that you are a critical thinker which is why you feel like you see things differently then everyone else. College may be difficult at times but you have always prided yourself on being willing and excited to learn. Do not be afraid to jump in now because you will eventually build up the courage to succeed. Not only will you regret waiting for so long you will end up feeling extremely foolish when you realize that you have been afraid for a decade for absolutely no reason. Always remember that anything your mother says about you is because of her own issues not because you are a bad person, a stupid person, or a lazy person. You are an intelligent, caring, and honest person so embrace it"

I wish I had known that I would be a good student and would be able to achieve success in college because I am smart enough.

Mindy

I chose Ashford University after speaking with their faculty on the phone and found their faculty very informative, understanding and forthcoming. Ashford University has an easily accessible website with many ways to research information for projects or essays within their excellent library and other wide ranged available resource tools. When I started school at Ashford University, working full-time and raising three kids at the same time makes it hard, but I did it. I graduated in 2012 with my Associates Degree in Business, because Ashford encouraged and believed in me and helped me do the same thing for myself.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior would be a miracle, since I never was a high school senior. I had my son at the age of 17, did not graduate with my class in 1994, but recieved my GED in1997. If I could tell that girl who sat in GED class among her fellow classmates anything, I would say, "No matter what the situation, love is the main objective, not profit." "Be humble, but not naive," and the most important message, "Focus and believe in your goals to give yourself faith, validity and value."

The most frustrating thing about going to school is finding a job that will help me further my career choice within an administrative field, Public Administration. Having a degree that says I know vs. having actual experience in the field makes the difference. There is no emotional support or financial support on the home front, and I rely on my college for hope and always rely on myself for money, so leaving my cook job of thirteen years, because of some rather disturbing and obvious unsanitary reasons not applicable, the most difficult thing about going back to school is money.

James

This school is geared for all students from the traditional non-student to the student returning to school after many years of absence. Classes can be taken at the campus or online.

If I were to go back in time and give myself advice, it would be simple and direct. You are ready for school right now as you are not disciplined or focused. You have not chosen a career carefully. In twenty years when you attempt to get a degree, you will be ready and the experience will be much different as technology and the theory of learning will have changed dramatically in your favor. Do not let your working class family and high school educators' lack of faith in you become baggage that you carry for the next two decades. The transition to online learning will be relatively simple for you as you will have literally spent years in the trenches of information technology. You will need to learn to take constructive criticism and not compare it to the negative criticism you grew up with in your family life. It will take discipline, perseverance, focus and determination to transition successfully. You will do it and I am proud of you.

I cannot answer this statement as I have no complaints about this univeristy. Each part of the educational experience is geared towards creating an inentional learning experience that is heavily supported from the beginning to end. The staff is incredibly supportive and the instructors are knowelegeable and always available to the student. The beginning class for each freshman is class that helps the student identify their own learning patterns.

Shannon

Classmates range in age from 20's to 50's and seem to be very diverse based on the introductions posted for each online class...

I wish I could go back and tell myself to make the choice to enroll in college at 18 when I received my GED. I would tell myself, "you can do it, even though it looks like you can't right now. You can take one or two classes at a time and you can work part time, and you can make it through. It will be challenging, but you will also learn alot and it will give you the confidence you will need at the start of your career. It will be much more challenging if you wait until you are an adult with an established career and with all the responsibilities of maintaining your home life. Get the degree now, while you are still young, energetic and fresh. It will be a great accomplishment and a foundation on which to build your entire work/life experience."

I don't know about the on campus classes, but only someone who is prepared to reduce their everyday life to work and school only should attend the online classes.

Elijah

I would tell myself to pay closer attention in class and get better grades. I would also tell myself to Think more about the choices that I would make in the future. You have no idea how much your choices affect your whole life when you are that young.

The flexibility and how easy it is to navigate the site.

Karin

Giving advice to my high school self would be this, go to college because you can do it. Everyone else’s negativity is what told you that you would not be able to do it, but you can; you can do anything you set your mind to. College life is so different than high school life. In college, you are an adult and are treated that way. You are allowed to make decisions for yourself without having to check with your parents. You decide what your future is going to be. As long as you work hard at what you are doing, you will succeed; you make that decision and no one else. Study hard but be involved with your school and if you can handle it, get a part time job to keep things enjoyable. This will make you a well-rounded person, but if you see things getting rough, then back off of the job and put your concentration on the job you are at school for, getting your education. Going to college will make you proud and happy and give you the confidence to know you can make it in this world.

I wish I had known that they do not offer their online students any type of scholarships.

Most of the professors I had were great and were available to me and would respond to my emails in less than 24 hours.

Ashford university online provides quality education that challenges its students to think critically and effectively manage their time because of the rigorous requirements of its online curriculum.

They care about their online students.

You’re probably thinking to yourself that you’ve got it all worked out. You’re going to go to college and graduate. Well, you do end up going to college and you are making good grades, but sometimes life happens and you begin to wonder whether it’s all worth it. You get a taste for the money you’re making at a new job. You go out and party, spending the money you’ve earned from your wages. You wonder why need a college degree when you’re making more than minimum wage and with benefits. You decide to skip college and see how far you can go without a degree. Well, I hate to break it to you, but luck doesn’t last forever. Without a degree, you aren’t qualified for jobs that you know you can do because you’ve done them before. My advice: go to college and get your degree while you’re still young because you’re going to need it to get that foot in the door.

Kathleen

I enrolled at Ashford University because it had on line college classes, and I lived in a rural area and driving to college everyday was not feasable. I love Ashford University, and I am very happy.And I was using a VA GI Bill called Post 911 Bill for college. My Post 911 Bill was only good for 36 months, and I am short one year to get my BA.

I wish I had known the VA was so picky, and someone had told me my classes were back to back for a reason. I am short money for 8 more classes to complete my major BA in Environmental Studies, and minor in Human resources.

Take a year off from High School, then decide what you want to do in life. Then go back to college with a plan on how to get funding to go to college, and find ways to keep any college loans you get and keep the costs down by paying them monthly.

Ashford University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.