San Diego, CA
Ashford University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ashford University

jocelyn

If i could go back to my senior year many changed would be made. My high school was realtively small, my classmates have been the same people for the past 10 years so everybody including the teachers were comfortable with eachother, too comfortable. I thought I was invincible in high school i skipped alot of school and slacked off. My grades were still decent but i wish i would have paid attention better and prepared myself more acedemically.

I wish i had known that i needed to prepare myself a little better for the extra workload but that is all scheduled out now and i am doing great!

I am always on my own schedule and the instructor are very helpful.

Anthony

I love the atmosphere of this school and am extremely grateful that they offer all of my courses through the online arena. I have no means for transportation and it would be extremely difficult for me to get to school if I were not able to attend Ashford University online! I am almost finished with my Freshmen year and so far I have had great professors and I am looking forward to beginning my Sophomore year with them in a couple weeks.

Not too familiar with particular stereotypes because I am enrolled in the Bachelors of Arts in Education Studies online program.

Very thorough teachings. If I have any questions I have the ability to research through the entire online Ashford University Library!

Carrie

Those who do not have an internal motivation and desire to succeed because it is crucial in maintaining the balance between fast-paced learning and non-school-related factors.

Calm down. Not knowing what you want to major in or make a career of is ok. It is better to take the time to find something you are passionate about now than to commit to something you may be unhappy with in 10 years. Although most people think if you put off school you will end up not going, you will soon realize that Pappie has had a much greater impact on your motivation and pure desire to learn. There are going to be obstacles that seem to never subside, numerous discouraging times where you will feel like there is no point, and many people questioning some very personal decisions. In everything you do, always remember that your underlying purpose is what drives you, not the opinions of those who pass judgement. Things are constantly changing, but the one thing that will always remain is the value of knowing who you are and not altering the values, dreams, and beliefs you hold so close for any reason other than toward your own personal growth throughout those changes. No matter how long it may take to see achievement "on paper," your true success lies, and will emanate, from within.

I am able to work from the comfort of home, without the worry and distractions I face in the classroom. I can work in a way that is beneficial to me without worrying that I will be judged for doing things differently.

Joe

Knowing what I know now about college I would go back and tell myself a lot my senior year, but the most importaint thing I would tell myself is to start studying and teach yourself good study and homework habbits now. In college it is a lot diffrent than in high school. In high school you can blow off your homework and just wing it when it comes to test day, but in college that does not work. In college you need to spend your time outside of class productively or you will find yourself lost and confused in class and have no clue whats on the test. Also you need to study for your tests. When I was in high school I rarely had to study to get a good grade on a test, but now that I am in college I have found out I rarely get a good grade on a test unless I study for it.

Although going to Ashford University has many benifits it is a very small school. Ashford is in the very small town of Clinton, IA and only has around 1000 kids so it is very small and it is sometimes hard to find things to do outside of the classroom.

When I tell my friends about going to Ashford university I brag to them about how friendly the people are and how supportive everyone is. Ashford is possibly the most friendly place I have ever been. It is normal for people to say hello and talk to people they don't even know and be accepted into the group because everyone is open to makeing new friends. The students are friendly, but the teachers are also friendly and are always willing to talk and help.

Billi Jo

I searched many online schools to find one that fit me. It was difficult for me to find an online school that offered an Associte degree in Early Childhood Education. Of the very few schools I did find Ashford was the only one that was interested in telling me about their program before they asked how I planned on paying for my education. I felt the other schools were more worried about being paid than they were my education.

I believe anyone who is able to make the commitment to an online school could benefit from Ashford. Online schooling is not for everyone. Before you are but into actual classes Ashford does make you take a Student Success class to give you an over view of how classes work.

My high school self was very shy and had the belief she was not smart enough for college. She had a dream of becoming a preschool teacher but knew that would not happen because she was not going to college. After she graduated she began working with children as a babysitter and then a nanny. She then ran a daycare in her home. Years later she was blessed with a job at a childcare center as a lead teacher in the toddler room. By this time twenty years had past with no college degree, but she was teaching and had been teaching along. The window for growth without a degree was very small and she stilled dreamed of teaching preschool. At the age of forty three I now know I was wrong by believing I could not go to college and follow my dreams. If I could go back in time I would tell myself to follow her dreams now because not only is she able to attend college but she grows into an amzing teacher that touched many lives, and those lives touch her right back.

Crystal

Academically focused, challenging and very attainable degree programs.

Academically focused, challenging and very attainable degree programs.

Don't take any time off after high school. Go directly on to college. You will thank yourself later. Take time to acclimate yourself to your school. Get involved with other students that are like minded and have the same sort of goals that you do. Often making these types of friends will help you to hold yourself accountable and establish life long connections. These connections may come in handy later on down the road. Trust your professors but don't be afraid to challenge their thoughts. Professors like to see you participate in class and not just show up. Decide what you love to do and pursue it, don't hesitate because you think you can't do it, there are people all along the way that will help guide you and move you in the right direction. Make college your priority, you have your whole life ahead of you to work. Work if you must but find other ways to help support yourself while in college. Apply for all the scholarships and grants that you can so that you don't come out of college with a lot of debt.

The online program is very challenging, but rewarding.

Tracy

The online aspect appealed to me and that I attended the graduation ceremony held in Clinton, Iowa. That was something I was able to share with my family even though my classes were online.

That it has opened doors for my career and being able to attend graduate school.

I have done a lot of projects and have had a lot of life experience since high school. I would tell myself not to wait as long as I did to start college. The help and the answers are there but it is up to you to have the courage to ask. Don't be afraid to try, failure could happend but those are the times that we learn and grow. Learn and grow.

Tara

Flexiable, Learning Instutions with experienced Instructors and diverse students working to better themselves.

I would push my self to find the right career and college. I would express how important a college degree is for myself and the reward. I would say do not give up college invovles so much as it's apart of young adulthood. College is a lot easier for high schooler fresh out of school as life and responsibitlties increase with life and time. Just do it...

People with busy lives and thoses wanting to attend college online

Ashford University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.