San Diego, CA
Ashford University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ashford University

Eleanor

I wouldn't change anything, other than to say that I'd study harder to get better grades.

The welcome hometown feeling that you get when you're there.

It was small and everyone got along.

Roxanne

Doing Christian service and being a D-1 sports school

Doing Christian service and being a D-1 sports school

I would not have gone to college right out of high school. I would have taken a year off to travel with an organization or group that would allow me to broaden my perspective on what I want to do with my life. Doing this, I would have also saved my mother a lot of money. By going to college right out of my senior year, I was not responsible and did not have a plan or goal for myself, and ultimately I transferred out of my first college because I was not going to class and was depressed. Thankfully, I went back home for school at a community college and then transferred to Liberty, where I am now. Thing are working out and I'm blessed to have been led to this school! There are many things I wish I had known before college, but honestly, I do not think I would take back the way anything played out because looking back, everything that seemed unfortunate really led me to Liberty where I belonged in the first place. It just took those experiences on the rough road for me to realize it. It all worked in perfect timing.

I wish there were more work study jobs and that they were more flexible with the amount of hours required to work.

Nisa

Dont put college off the longer you wait will effect your job choices. One good thing about school is it opens you up to a whole new world. Continue reading even if you arent in school. Reading is important to expanding your vocabulary. No matter how hard times get tough school out regardless it will pay off in the long run.

Teresa

I would tell myself going back to school and persuing an education is the most important decision you could ever make and making those sacrifices in order to complete your education is crucial. College life takes determination, sacrifice, scheduling, giving 100% when doing an assignment and attending to your school work on a daily basis will make you a success. Keep these things in mind everytime you think you can't do it because if you keep it in your mind you can do this and complete your edcuational goals, you can feel this great accomplishment and success will be yours. Don't listen to people who are trying to talk you out of an education because of money limitations because it will all work out, just believe and you can do it.

A person who is highly motivated and has a goal set to accomplish their educational expectations. People who attend this college must be serious and willing to do whatever it takes to complete the courses with putting effort into the assignments to make sure they are completed not only in a timely manner but, also giving full information without taking short cuts. This is important to make sure you feel you are accomplishing your goals as a student and taking your future career choice very serious.

The most frustrating thing about my school is having enough time to complete my course work. I work fulltime and am a single mother taking care of a house and huge lawn. I wish there was more help in getting scholarship information and filling it out , as well. I really need help with finding free money for school, so i can accomplish my full degree and goals i have set in front of me. I also wish i could talk to my professors in order to make sure i am interpreting their assignment correctly.

Margaret

Ashford University offers online degrees; as a married mom of a two year old and pregnant with my second child, I needed a flexible schedule and at-home education, which is why I chose Ashford. Many other colleges do not have online programs, and some that do have very high tuition fees. Ashford offers many online degrees, and for a price that is still high, but more reasonable than some.

Do it. When you are young and have the energy, time, money and are not tied down with relationships and responsibilities- that is the BEST time to get an education. I was raised in an Amish community, so I was not permitted to go to high school/college as a teenager. After I was married, my husband and I left the Amish, and I got my GED so that I could pursue my life-long dream of going to college. But, it is so much harder now- times are hard, we have kids, we're living on my husband's paycheck, taking out student loans, and trying to juggle school with parenting. It's doable with some determination, but it's much harder. If I could go back in time, and have the opportunity to go to high school, and then straight to college, I would tell myself- "Do it! Dream big, fly high, and never miss an opportunity to chase your goals. There's always a tomorrow, but there's never a better today."

I can get my degree with a lot less time in class than on-campus colleges, and I don't have to commute! Since my class changes every 5 weeks, I get a new professor every 5 weeks as well- which means I'm not stuck with a professor I don't like for a whole semester.

Bernadette

I am an online student who chose Ashford for comparative prices and University's commendable background history.

Being in touch with who you are is most important in success. Discovering your interests early on and spending time with individuals who share those same interests, affords a solid road of guidance. Spend as much time as possible around inspiring successful individuals, as their words and action our nourishment promoting a spirit of enthusiasm. Above all, realize that you are not alone in your struggles to be successful. Be as patient and compassionate with yourself as you are with others. Always be empathetic, knowing that you are a member of a mass, diverse society,which is your most advantageous resource of learning. When locating a university to attend choose on- campus courses along with online courses. Prior to admission communicate with students and staff their opinion offers the greater insight. Question their experience with the university; its policies and procedures. Attend a four year university from the start. Two year community college credits are undermined when entering a higher learning institutions. Most important, be diligent by entering college directly following high school. There is much to be said of the old cliche' "If you don't use it, you'll loose it."

Current change of blackboard layout, hard to reach advisors, university does not seek scholarships or special grants or awards for students; student responsibility.

Charlotte

Focus on your future, set goals, and make the appropriate choices to reach your goals. Always believe in yourself and learn to decipher all lessons that are being taught. Every situation, good or bad, has a lesson to be learned. Recognize the lesson, accept the lesson, and use the lesson taught to strengthen your ability to reach all goals.

I am a non-traditional student obtaining my degree online. I have attended other colleges (a community college and a university) where I lived on campus.

They offer degrees online and this is a blessing for a non-traditional student that has to juggle work, family, and school.

Travis

The school I attend is a four year, convienient, on-line university that encompasses students and faculty from all over the world.

Given the opportunity to speak to myself as a high school senior about campus life I would reinforce opportunities present and future. As the senior version of myself I realize that the opportunities of friendships, relationships are unique as a college freshman; I would reinforce to my younger version the need to enjoy and cherish the campus fun life withoug comprimising other opportunities. Friendship and study opportunities like attending study sessions, forming study groups, and developing relationships centered aroung school work are the major misses that I experienced in my younger college years. As a senior version, I would help my junior version understand the campus learning opportunities as well. As a first generation undergraduate student I did not fully comprehend the goal of achieving a Bachelors degree; because I did not understand I did not set goals to maximize the opportunity of attaining a degree at the low cost when compared to future finaicial and opportunity costs. Learning and developing without the burdens of full-time work, and fatherhood was limited and unique to my first two years of college. I would help my younger version understand the importance of seting goals to maximize learning, friendship, and educational opportunities.

I consider the worst thing about attending an on-line university the lack of interpersonal contact with fellow students and instructors. The freedom to attend and complete course work on my own time is wonderful and necessary given my circumstances but I do miss the face to face association of campus study. During course discussions the lack of body language and other non-verbal communication as well as the absence of study groups is the single draw back of on-line study. On-line study has proven difficult to meet people, develop study groups and establish friendships.

georgina

Ashford university is a great school with people who help you step by step in your goals, they are all very supportive.

Ashford university is best known for academics.

The advice that I would give is decide early what your career goals are in life, but not just what you like doing but also look at the job openings and decide for a career that is in demand and also that you would like to work in.

If I could go back and give myself advice, it would be to not wait to finish my college education. The single biggest mistake I made was to drop out of college after one year and put off my return as an adult student. Another four years of college after high school seemed to be such a long time when I was eighteen; however as I have learned four years is nothing compared to the rest of your life. The idea of taking out student loans to fund my education was very intimidating back then as well, and I did not qualify for grants since my parents made too much money. Looking at the larger picture I can clearly see now as an adult that taking those loans out back then and finishing my education would have already paid for itself, and more than likely I would already have had those loans paid back in full. Hindsight really is 20/20. This is the advice I would give my eighteen year old self if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior.

I have not run into anything that could be described as bad or a worse thing about my school.

In all honesty I have yet to run into a frustrating situation at my school. Everyone is well organized and ready to help when needed. I have been super satisfied overall with my experiences at Ashford.

Ashford University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.