San Diego, CA
Ashford University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ashford University

Rena

They range from different ages and races/ They are from all over the world and work in different types of fields. They have several differnt things to say.

Make sure that you feel ok with where you child is going to attend college.

how it is easy to attend. That the amount of work is easy to work into everything else I do.

Tara

Take your time and look into everything that the school you're looking into has what you want. Take advantage of your advisor's help whenever possible, because they are there to help you.

That online classes are a lot easier than what I've been told. I enjoy my classes online and my professors whom I've worked with. Also, that they students that I've had in my classes are friendly and helpful.

Someone who is not ready to work hard.

Mary

Don't be afraid of the unconventional--sometimes it's the best way.

Don't be afraid of the unconventional--sometimes it's the best way.

Great for distance learners.

It's the only school that I know of that offers Political Science as a distance-learning earned degree.

Richard

My advice is hope you have all information needed to complete your major. This is my fifth attempt at college because I always have been given bad advice in how many credits I need. I teach physical education with a certified teacher in my class at all times. I am a high school basketball and volleyball coach because of my experience I just need that piece of paper to get my Bachelors in education.

I brag about I can get three credits done in five weeks.

I really don't have anything besides that I been teaching for twenty years and there giving me some dumb classes to take.

Betty

The online environment has been a wonderful experience with knowledgeable faculty, engaging classmates, and helpful education resources.

I have only experienced the online environment which has been very beneficial to me. It has allowed me to continue to work full-time, volunteer in my children's schools and in the community, and participate when it is convenient for me. I have never visited the campus but have read very good things online.

The best advice I can give perspective students and/or parents is to research several schools before making a choice. If possible, you should visit the campus during both the day and night to see what the true environment is like. If the colleges have online forums, I would also read the comments to determine if there are unseen problems that may affect your decision. Look at all of the pros and cons and make an informed decision and not an impulsive one.

Rochelle

For parents with prospective applicants for colleges, at some point to sit down with their children and not pick the college of their choice (the parent's choice or alma mater), but find what suits your child the best. Most kids don't know so that in their confusion parents may have to do their own investigating. Parents should take the time to sit and go over questions, comments and criticisms as to what campuses their child would choose and visa versa, where this is time consuming it can give the student a better perspective on what he may want. For students in search of the ideal school, no school is perfect and have high expectations. Meeting deadlines and time management are two of the most essential and vital issues associated with school because studying habits change. The freedom away from home (if the choice is on campus situation) allows new choices and liberty to do what you want when you want. Give it your best shot and try to achieve the highest goal possible and there will be limitless possibilities.

Working with professors from every end of the country. Meeting people online from all over the country and world. Learning and applying time management and understanding the importance of it. Concentrated classes that are doable and can be completed with the confidence that you have achieved and reached a goal. The advising staff is superb with guidance and excellent response time. Overall, the experience has been great.

Since this campus offers online courses, my wish is for better research and writing skills which would allow better grades. Also a better understanding of time management to complete work in a timely manner.

Yvronda

Advice that I would give to other students is to be dedicated and motivated to learn. The course that I am taking is the online degree course and it can be hectic at times but the best advice I can give is to stick with the studies. If students continue and not focus on the fast pace learning experience they will benefit in the end. The number one thing I found beneficial to me in my learning experiences is never be afraid to ask. The more questions asked is the more knowledge learned. I chose Ashford University for their reputation and commitment to their students future success. I researched many colleges and Ashford was the college that best suited my needs and made me feel special. Their admission advisors are awesome and they show concern for the students needs and interests.

Self learners and people serious about education.

The accelerated courses and the ability to do online degrees.

Heavenly

If I could give any advice it would be research, research, research. You truly do not know what is going to be the best school for you until you get all the facts that you need in order to make the best decision. You cannot allow athletics and popularity be the only determining factor during your search. You must ensure that the educational environment will suit your learning styles in an effore to put you in the best position to be successful in completing your degree program. Once you are a student get involved! There are so many different types of people and cultures that you can only learn from their lives and experiences, whcih in turn will enhance your learning experience as an undergrad. Also, being involoved will allow you to have more than just academics to add to your resume when it is time to graduate and begin the job search. Good Luck!

Honestly, I cannot complain about anything that I have experienced so far with the school. Everything that I was told about the school has been true and it was been a wonderful decision for me to start here with Ashford University.

I would have to say that the most frustrating thing about school for me is time management. I have a 3 year old daughter and at times it is hard to provide her with the time and attention that she needs and the focus that I need for my studies. I am always up for a challenge and this has certainly been one.

Michelle

My classmates are focused and know what that want out of life.

My classmates are focused and know what that want out of life.

My advice to parents and students about finding the right college is to research each prospective college for the type of curriculum that will be the most compatible for the students needs. If the student is involved in any activites, look into those activities before making a final decision. To make the most out of the college experience be willing to devote more time to studies out of the classroom than is even required, but take many breaks to avoid burnout. Dedicate yourself to the learning process and embrace the experience! Learning is a never ending journey, never stop!

The kind of person that needs to attend this school is one who is driven and willing to accept new challenges. They also need to be focused and organized.

Ashford University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.