San Diego, CA
Ashford University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ashford University

Ilyse

Committment is just one of the traits I love most about Ashford University, the students faculty and administration are committed to being the best.

As an adult student I wanted ti find a college which would provide me with a great education, committment and affordabilty. I found this at Ashfor University. I would suggest that you take your education experience serious and apply yourself in every class. Learning is priceless, reach your goals!

Ashford University is an extremely interactive school, taking classes on-line through Ashford University as awarded me a better education and fantastic communications with fellow students.

Kristy

I think that the best advice to give to someone about finding the right college and making the most of the experience is to try and have some idea of how far they plan to go. I personally chose Ashford online because I work full-time and have three small children, it worked best for me. I graduated with a 4.0 but it was not easy. College is something you really have to want to do. You need to know what you want to achieve in the end and choose a school that is most likely to get you to your goal. To get the most out of the expierience you really should participate as much as possible with your peers and your instructor. Life is short and deciding how you want to live it depends largely on who you choose to become, so choose wisely.

I wish I had known that I was allowed to double up on classes in order to complete my degree faster.

Timothy

Visit the college before ever deciding to go to it.

Most students are apathetic about taking classes. It appears that they just want to get through life or either transfer out of Ashford. Mostly, it is a school that one goes to if they want to take general courses than transfer to another university one or two years after. I feel the same way and will probably do so.

Rosemarie

What is unique about Ashford University, is that I can get my BS degree online at my own pace. I needed to receive my BS degree by a certain deadline and they were are to make that happen.

Colleg is very important because it allows you to be all that you can be. By receiving a good education, it can allow all your dreams to come true. I went to college 17 years ago and receive my AAS degree and here I am again, back in school to better my knowledge and expand on my eduaction. I am 38 years old and I am still making new goal and going back to school to achieve them.

I think that everything is great here, for my needs. This university is great for people who do not have the time to go to a classroom setting and can receive the same education online.

jazmin

The advice i would give to the parents is to have patients and explore the options and research the credentials of the colleges and the students to be satisfied. And evaluate each college deparment on the concentration to see which school has the stronger goal to achieve for students.

Their is nothing worst than the weather.

The most fustrating thing in our school is the time frame on recieving the degree.

Catherine

The sky is your limit. You don't necessarily have to know what you are going to college for. I believe you find yourself when you are out on your own and trying new things. Have an idea of what you like to do and understand your interests, and find the best college to fit those needs and wants. Make a list of what you would like to get out of your college experience and compare it to different college brochures and websites. Visit the schools, set up admission interviews, and go with your instinct. If you have a friend or acquaintence, set up a time you can visit with them and possibly stay the night; that way you get a real feel for the "college life" stay. Basically, you have to do your own research and not necessarily by hearsay. Ultimately, this is where you will be living, dining, socializing and most important getting an education. So, it is up to you to make the choice and take your time to do so. From someone who has been there, I wish you the best of luck!

There are many things that I could speak of but as a student you have to know what you want from your school. I can tell you Ashford offers online classes which can be taken anywhere in the United States and is growing further. Every class runs for five weeks and is set up the same way; requirements are the same for each professor as well. This consistency allows for organization and preparation in every class. In order to choose this school, make a list of what you are looking for in a college and compare it to the website.

Unfortunately, because I am taking classes online, you lose face-to-face interaction. However, you are a part of discussions with your classmates on a weekly basis as often as you like (minumum of two responses). Sometimes it is easier to speak your mind in writing, but for an actual debate, you do lose the drive and real emotion, like in a real conversation.

perry

The advice I would give parents and students is that you should check several colleges background before choosing a particular college for yourself or child/children. First, check to see how long that college has been establish, the creditability in the states, and the history. Second, make sure that the student is going to college for the right reason not for just parties, because a friend is at this college. Let them know that this is for them to get a quality education. Thirdly, check the cost of the college with other before enrolling. The cost of college can run pretty high. College is a place for learning not playing around. Also make sure you check out the dorms and food areas. The walking distance for night classes, the security on campus after a certain time of the day. You should ask about the academics, curriculum, and work study. Work study would help pay for college to cut down on students loans. You can never give enough information about college because it just like the very first day of pre-school. You are starting all over again.

A person who is just going to school for fun and try to stop another student from learning should not attend college. Lots of people attend college for the wrong reason for example, sell drugs, money, or meet girls or boys. I think a person should enter college to better himself/herself or to get a better job. College is a place to learn and better yourself. A mind is something you should not waste. You need to keep it strong and activity. Anybody can enter college but it takes a smart person to finish college thats the bottom line.

When I came to this school I had left a community college. I wish I had started at this school first before I went to the community college. I would have done my whole four years here. I have enjoyed this college (Ashford University) I have learned a lot from this college. The professors are very nice, they help you with problem, they are straight to the point and very understanding. I enjoy communicating with a person who listen to me. They listen and try to help you with your problems.

Beretta

As both a parent and student I would tell students to give highschool all they have. Often times young adult high school students do not think that the way they perform in school will impact them as adults or in college; however, I struglled for the first few years of my college degree due to the lack of motivation I applied to my highschool days. As a parent I would tell other parents to ensure that the college decision is a group one. Parents often times have hopes and dreams for there children and really push the child to be what it is the parent wants them to be. Children do not always want to be what it is there parent wants the to be. Parents should except that everyone has different dreams in life and as a parent it is our responsibilty to suport our children in whatever career or school path they chose.

Non motivated people should not attend Ashford University Online. Ashford University Online is a fast paced program. Each class last only five weeks. Therefore, if a person is not motivated they will quickly fall behind and fail out of the class.

I find it frustrating that prior to enrolling at Ashford University I was told how much financial aid I would receive; however, after enrolling I have found this to be untrue. Being a single mother of two young children it is hard to pay for everything. I often find myself attempting to complete classes without books simply because of the lack of money needed.

Ashford University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.