San Diego, CA
Ashford University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ashford University

perry

The advice I would give parents and students is that you should check several colleges background before choosing a particular college for yourself or child/children. First, check to see how long that college has been establish, the creditability in the states, and the history. Second, make sure that the student is going to college for the right reason not for just parties, because a friend is at this college. Let them know that this is for them to get a quality education. Thirdly, check the cost of the college with other before enrolling. The cost of college can run pretty high. College is a place for learning not playing around. Also make sure you check out the dorms and food areas. The walking distance for night classes, the security on campus after a certain time of the day. You should ask about the academics, curriculum, and work study. Work study would help pay for college to cut down on students loans. You can never give enough information about college because it just like the very first day of pre-school. You are starting all over again.

A person who is just going to school for fun and try to stop another student from learning should not attend college. Lots of people attend college for the wrong reason for example, sell drugs, money, or meet girls or boys. I think a person should enter college to better himself/herself or to get a better job. College is a place to learn and better yourself. A mind is something you should not waste. You need to keep it strong and activity. Anybody can enter college but it takes a smart person to finish college thats the bottom line.

When I came to this school I had left a community college. I wish I had started at this school first before I went to the community college. I would have done my whole four years here. I have enjoyed this college (Ashford University) I have learned a lot from this college. The professors are very nice, they help you with problem, they are straight to the point and very understanding. I enjoy communicating with a person who listen to me. They listen and try to help you with your problems.

Beretta

As both a parent and student I would tell students to give highschool all they have. Often times young adult high school students do not think that the way they perform in school will impact them as adults or in college; however, I struglled for the first few years of my college degree due to the lack of motivation I applied to my highschool days. As a parent I would tell other parents to ensure that the college decision is a group one. Parents often times have hopes and dreams for there children and really push the child to be what it is the parent wants them to be. Children do not always want to be what it is there parent wants the to be. Parents should except that everyone has different dreams in life and as a parent it is our responsibilty to suport our children in whatever career or school path they chose.

Non motivated people should not attend Ashford University Online. Ashford University Online is a fast paced program. Each class last only five weeks. Therefore, if a person is not motivated they will quickly fall behind and fail out of the class.

I find it frustrating that prior to enrolling at Ashford University I was told how much financial aid I would receive; however, after enrolling I have found this to be untrue. Being a single mother of two young children it is hard to pay for everything. I often find myself attempting to complete classes without books simply because of the lack of money needed.

Ashford is known for it's online program, great financing options and availability to classes.

The best advice I can give to students entering school is to take advantage of every oppertunity you can while enjoying life to it's fullest.

I attend Ashford University online and I have found the program to be very rewarding and sound. This program allows students to work at thier own pace while working, raising a family, or enjoying retirement.

Lisa

My best advice would be to really do the research. Going to school and gaining an education is a huge commitment. Make sure that you are getting the best value for your money and that the educational experience is in alignment with your goals and aspirations. Put forth the effort necessary to learn and keep in mind that each class you take and each skill you master isn't completely about gaining a degree, but has more to do with keeping yourself a life-long learner. Seek out a school environment that promotes that.

I'm a distance learning student, so that would be the focus I would use to answer this question. With that thought in mind, the kind of person who should attend this college should be people who are focusing on multiple things, i.e. job, family and education.

The best thing about this college is the quality of the education. There are plenty of "diploma mills" that exist for adult/distance learners, but Ashford isn't one of them. You really do learn and are fully immersed in the subject matter. For working adults there is daily reinforcement of the skills mastered in class with what you are encountering on the job.

Harreka

I love the school, real nice teacher and classmates The best college ever.

I love the school, real nice teacher and classmates The best college ever.

Make sure you do alot of reseach on alot of colleges and have fun, I know college is about work and getting your degree but you have to take time out to enjoy your college life because it will be over before you know.

The type that don't want to take this forreal because going to college is not a joke.

Marcia

Great educational opportunity for those adults who need a break.

Great educational opportunity for those adults who need a break.

I would advise them to be clear about what their needs and desires are. College should be experimental and still have parameters within which a student can delve, explore and find what it is, that makes them a unique thread of the tapestry being woven. Be careful of debt. Give yourself and your parents permission to fail.

Anyone who needs to attend school on their time and within their own schedule.

Christine

Make sure that which ever you choose that you are willing to commit to a long term investment. Make sure that no mater what find the one that fits most of your needs.

I like the fact I get to attend college on line. It is a little easier for me and I like how supportive everyone is with me.

I think it is reknown for it's education department, and now for it's online and accelerated programs.

Pick a college that, of course, offers the curriculum and education you are seeking, but out of the colleges that offer that, find the one that matches YOU as a student. If you're from a small town like I am, going to a huge state university can feel overwhelming- why I chose a school that has a rural setting with small class sizes. Before picking a school be sure to visit the campus to get a feel for it- you can be enrolled at the best educational school in the country, but if you're not happy with your surroundings you won't be happy studying for 4+ years!

Parking is definitely an issue! My school is growing, and despite their best efforts to keep up with the growth they can't keep up with everything, and right now parking is lacking.

Ashford University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.