San Diego, CA

Ashford University

« See more reviews of Ashford University

The students come from many cultural and racial backgrounds, in fact, we have military personnel serving in the Middle East and elsewhere that attend online classes. I would say that there are a large number of traditional young students, but because of the economy's downturn several years ago, more non-traditional students attend classes, as in my case, to earn a degree that will improve opportunities for employment. Because I am an online student, I am unfamiliar with the students who actually attend Ashford's brick-and-mortar locations; however, for those students who attend online classes many are employed, homemakers, unemployed, etc. Online learning is so convenient and I highly recommend it for students who do not require face-to-face learning through a physical instructor. Online classes are not for everyone because it takes a tremendous amount of dedication and focus.

I learned a lot, made a bunch of friends from all over, and got a great taste of Clinton Iowa City. The staff were awesome, and the campus is beautiful. The classes and teachers were fantastic?conversation flowed with ease and it was really interesting and I felt like it opened a lot of doors for me. My classmates were all extremely talented and incredibly hard-working; the classes were both intense and exciting; the instructors were knowledgeable and humorous. This experience has given me a greater outlook on the world around me and a better personal understanding of life.

I attend online classes, so there is no face-to-face interaction. However, the school understands the importance of student interaction in the learning process. In order to still keep that aspect with online students, the classes require a discussion between students on a discussion board. My impression of the other students is that they are like any other students. They are eager to learn, they are smart, and they make mistakes sometimes. There is no rude or inappropriate behavior, so you are able to concentrate on your studies and are more able to learn from others.

My classmates are a very wide spectrum of people. The people that I am fortunate enough to share a "cyber" classroom with are from all walks of life. I've met people who are my age, older and wiser than me, have children, grandchildren, are minsters, returning students after retiring from a job, etc. Many of these people, although different from me offered ma so much wisdom and advice for hard issues I was facing within school and outside of it. Even though I'm not the most open person, I was able to let them in my life.

They vary from class to class. They seem to be socialable and outgoign form their postings. Several have a great sense of humor. Their are a few that seem to not put much effort into the weekly psoting and discussions . Then you have some that go all out and over board (but htat help me in the long run when I am having a hard time understanding a topic). Some of my fellow student have just awful spelling and grammar practices and it makes it hard to understand what they are trying to get across in their postings.

The classmates I interact with help with my success. We support one another. We help eachother with feedback on our assignments. It is an extremely rewarding experience. They help keep me on track while I juggle a full-time job and taking care of my two daughters. I wouldn't have it any other way. I push them to succeed while they push me to succeed. It is as if we succeed or fail together.

I am enrolled in the Online degree program and we use discussion board, my classmates are very nice, kind, and very helpful, I feel really comfortable with asking them any questions about the assignments because they are encouraging, and willing to help.

I attend college in an online environment. I have never met my classmates in person but everyone is very cooperative and we all want to see each other succeed. Everyone is very helpful and supportive of one another.

The students at Ashford come from all walks of life and from all over the US. They are open and honest, and are motivated to continue on to graduation. They also help their fellow students along the way.

My classmates are knowledgable and I am able to learn a lot from them in the discussion board that we have as a class and share our different interpertations of the reading material.