San Diego, CA

Ashford University

« See more reviews of Ashford University

the unique characteristics of Ashford University would have to be the attentiveness of the advisors. Though it is their prerogative to enroll new students, the attitude was not pushy nor overbearing. The admissions advisors were and are very informative and helpful, in providing me the information to allow my own decisions. The time spent answering my barrage of questions was extremely appreciative. Unlike the other schools i made inquires to, who became incessantly obtrusive with phone calls and emails. . Ashford would schedual the appointments and only contact upon the meeting time. It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with Ashford.

Ashford University offers various educational programs of study for completing an Associate's, Bachelor's and/or Master's degree. These programs are highly accessible for any college student. Whether you are a first time college student, a returning college student, or a distance learner, there is definitely a program for you. The superb reason to choose Ashford University is it's Yellow Ribbon program. The Yellow Ribbon program allows military affiliated students to complete degree programs with all books paid for and majority of the student fees reduced or satisfied. Futhermore, Ashford can transfer up to 99 completed units.

I chose Ashford University after speaking with their faculty on the phone and found their faculty very informative, understanding and forthcoming. Ashford University has an easily accessible website with many ways to research information for projects or essays within their excellent library and other wide ranged available resource tools. When I started school at Ashford University, working full-time and raising three kids at the same time makes it hard, but I did it. I graduated in 2012 with my Associates Degree in Business, because Ashford encouraged and believed in me and helped me do the same thing for myself.

The most unique feature I believe about this school os the incredible diversity and the sheer amount of students from varying backgrounds most notablly the military stationed all over the world. Compared to other schools, Ashford University offered a few degree programs somewhat outside the typical assortment. Another characteristic unique is a very user friendly student portal which provides easy access to all areas of the college experience with flexible navigation all on the same main page including quick links for e-mailing advisors.

The few items that make Ashford unique from other schools is the personal touch each student receives. Both the faculty and staff know most of the students by name and often show concern for them, no matter what it is they deal with. Ashford is a smaller school, yet it provides, in most cases, a better education than any of the larger schools in the nation. The instructors care for how well each student does and will help them to be successful after they graduate. The smaller class sizes allow more open discussion of topics.

My school is unique because it offers online programs, and a lot of them. You can do everything online to earn a bachelors degree without ever stepping foot onto a campus. Some of the benefits of doing your classes online are: You can do them at your convenience, you don't have to drive to class, you can do things at your pace , which if you work fast you really can get a lot done. If your school offers this you should consider taking advantage.

The school I am currently attending is online. It provides me with freedom and allows me to be creative in the different asignments I do. I chose this school because it did not require logging in every single day and at or no later than a certain time. Although the classes are challenging and are 5weeks long, they are not so challenging that I can't raise my children and do things that needs to be done. System is easy to navigate.

I searched many online schools to find one that fit me. It was difficult for me to find an online school that offered an Associte degree in Early Childhood Education. Of the very few schools I did find Ashford was the only one that was interested in telling me about their program before they asked how I planned on paying for my education. I felt the other schools were more worried about being paid than they were my education.

Ashford University is a very close and friendly campus. In August 2010, my incoming freshman class doubled the campus size and they are looking to keep improving the student numbers. They are also renovating campus and they are basically moving the campus from one location to another. Also, the professors here are great and the people here are very friendly! Ashford is definitely a close school but a great choice for me!

Ashford provides some of the most transferable credits than any other online institution and is highly accredited. Also, Ashford accepts more transfer credits than many other popular online education providers. In addition, Ashford caters greatly to military and military dependents. I attent college with many active duty personnel, those who are even overseas, and military family members and dependents.