San Diego, CA

Ashford University

« See more reviews of Ashford University

Unfortunately, because I am taking classes online, you lose face-to-face interaction. However, you are a part of discussions with your classmates on a weekly basis as often as you like (minumum of two responses). Sometimes it is easier to speak your mind in writing, but for an actual debate, you do lose the drive and real emotion, like in a real conversation.

I think the worst thing about my school is the price of textbooks. College is very expensive, especially when you are paying for it yourself. Textbooks should never be over $50 per book. You only use it once and most of the time they say you need the new adition which only has a few small changes to it. Textbook affordability is big problem.

Some of the assignments are difficult to understand. It takes alot of research to finally understand just what to do in the assignments. This takes alot of time. With me working full time and having two children to raise, it doesn't leave a lot of time. If I come across a difficult assignment that leaves very little time for my family.

The worst thing about my school is that I cannot see people's expressions. Using written words to convey points or make arguments can be easier for some than it is for others. If we all learn to write in the same way that we speak, it will create an environment that is ripe with opportunity for expression, humor and learning.

Most students are apathetic about taking classes. It appears that they just want to get through life or either transfer out of Ashford. Mostly, it is a school that one goes to if they want to take general courses than transfer to another university one or two years after. I feel the same way and will probably do so.

The worst thing about Ashford is probably how disorganized they can be at times. There will be times where they are very organized and well thought out, but there will be times they are just plain terrible. Also, the parking here is horrible! The food is actually not too bad, but it can definitely be better!

financial aid department. Had me sign up for student loan and then it did not get approved because of delays caused by the school. Now i have an outstanding balance but do not have my degree beause of it, and no way to get a student loan to cover the balance.

Although going to Ashford University has many benifits it is a very small school. Ashford is in the very small town of Clinton, IA and only has around 1000 kids so it is very small and it is sometimes hard to find things to do outside of the classroom.

Very fast paced, but I knew that when I enrolled. There are no breaks so you can get done faster, therefore it tends to wear you out. However I don't really thing that is a bad thing. I wish there were more schloarships from the college itself.

The turn around time it takes to get questions answered for that week of discussion. It can take a minimum of 48 hours before a response is given and by then the discussion is over for the week, so it is time to move on to the next issue.