San Diego, CA

Ashford University

« See more reviews of Ashford University

I find the poeple who attend are returning to school after speding time working or tending to family matters. I think people who also work for a living /who are raising families who also want to finish their education should choose this school. It allows everything, regardless of time issues to attend. A person who is dedicated to their educational goals, a person who requires affordability and access the financail aid, and a person who needs to have a flexably schedule should attend this school. Their courses and programs are challenging and prepare you for real life application upon completion.

I am a housewiife, a mother of three boys, and am currently attending Ashford University (online) full time. I also have a bipolar disorder. I was very excited, but hesitant to start school. I enrolled at Ashford University in September 2008, currently have better than a 3.0 GPA, and I fully expect to graduate this November. I would strongly recommend anyone, regardless of your disability or doubts, to enroll now. The experience has not only made me a better person, but has assisted me in staying well and out of the hospital for almost two years. Educate yourself now!

The type of person that should attend Ashford University should be self motivated. It is a perfect solution for someone who wants to go to college yet still has to keep a full time job. It also helps that you are able to work at your own time. So, you don't have to make a scheduled class time. I think it works best for a single parent, someone interested in getting their degree or master's degree while still working full time. Ashford University also allows a student to finish getting their degree a lot faster. '

I think any type of person should attend Ashford University. This is an on campus and online eductional system that casters to your needs. Ashford University is a perfect institution for the just out of high school student to the aging gracefully student who wants to get a degree in the same amount of time as you would if attending classes, but in your spare time. Education is an ongoing process whether you attend a university or not, but attending Ashford allows for the formal training at home.

To have to label a person I could not do because, at Ashford any student can begin to feel at home. I know that when I first started my classes I felt so overwhelmed with fear, but the professors and the students will make you fell like you are not alone. I know for myself after waiting so long to go back to school, I needed all the help I could get. I get to meet so many students from all walks of life that really are thankful that they decided to attend Ashford University.

Someone that would want to attend this school (on-line that is, considering that is the only way I am familiar with this school) should be someone that may need the flexibility that attending on-line gives you. You should have enough self-discipline to keep up with the assignments without having a physical class required to attend. Anyone thinking about attending this school on-line should also be comfortable with working with a computer or at least willing to learn.

The type of person that should attend Ashford University should be driven. They should also come a background that can afford a more expensive education because there is not enough Financial Aid a majority of costs. The person should also be very focused and involved in their studies. I wouldn't suggest a single father like myself to attend this university as there are no accomodations or programs for this like single mothers.

I attend Ashford University's online Bachelor's Program. I am a single mother who works full-time, and I have no way to attend a brick and mortar college. If you need to work at your own pace on your own schedule, this format is perfect. Many students are military, single parents, etc. Classes are one at a time which helps to keep you focused and on track. I have enough to juggle without doing multipple classes at once!

Ashford University online degree program would be a good fit for a working mom like myself. The flexible schedule allows you to work on school when it fits into your schedule. I need to finish my degree but had a hard time going to school at night with my kids schedule. Taking online classes has made completeing my degree in a decent time frame with out missing out on my kids. This school is designed for the adult student.

Ashford is an ideal environment for adults who have been out of school for at least five years and need the flexibility of working around business and family life, but I also feel that Ashford would work very well for younger students who do well in an immersive and focused class structure. The "Block Learning" style is very easy to handle and gives an excellent opportunity for subject mastery at every step.