San Diego, CA

Ashford University

« See more reviews of Ashford University

I think everyone should try to pursue higher education. We are living in a very competitive time. The job market demands more highly educated and qualified people. If you don't have the proper skills required when applying for a job, there are several other people who do that are applying for that same job. However, it isn't an easy road. Therefore, I would reccommend that if you are someone who gives up on challenging things, then maybe college life wouldn't be for them.

Ashford University is for those type of students who are business minded. The courses are centered around business classes that challenege your mind and is for the individual who is not afraid to fail or explore. Individual must have a entrepreneur spirit and understand the business sector has it exist today. The individual must exemplify courage, independency, and the willingness to go after what he or she desires. So if you are not the type of individual who exemplify the characteristics above then Asford University is not the school for you.

A person who is just going to school for fun and try to stop another student from learning should not attend college. Lots of people attend college for the wrong reason for example, sell drugs, money, or meet girls or boys. I think a person should enter college to better himself/herself or to get a better job. College is a place to learn and better yourself. A mind is something you should not waste. You need to keep it strong and activity. Anybody can enter college but it takes a smart person to finish college thats the bottom line.

The type of person who should not attend this school is a person who is unwilling to learn. To succeed at this school is easy if you are hardworking, determined, and willing to ask questions. The teachers are friendly and want to help. They offer extra time if we have questions and are always ready to explain further. The school itself offers many opportunities for students that are willing to be involved. The only people who shouldn't attend this school are the people who aren't willing to be involved in all of the school.

A person who is highly motivated and has a goal set to accomplish their educational expectations. People who attend this college must be serious and willing to do whatever it takes to complete the courses with putting effort into the assignments to make sure they are completed not only in a timely manner but, also giving full information without taking short cuts. This is important to make sure you feel you are accomplishing your goals as a student and taking your future career choice very serious.

This is not a program for students who are looking to go to school to socialize. You comunicate on line but you are not going to make life long friends. If you don't have to work or can work part time a college that you can attend in person would be better. Although this has worked out for me I think there are somethings that you can get in a classroom that you can't get online. It may not be the right fit for someone who is not a good writer or has reading comprehention problem.

I would say someone who is not focus, determine, hard working, dedicated, and serious. At this school you have to be very responsible towards your school work and if you're not, the work will pile up on you. Time management is very key at my school because you have to learn how to manage your time in the right way. So if you don't have none of those traits nor have time management, then this is not the school for you; its all about handling your business at Ashford University.

I would say if you are one looking for a big campus, with expectations of college being like it is portrayed in movies, do not come to Ashford University. Honestly, if you are looking for the full college experience, Ashford is definitely not the college for it. Someone who is able to succeed in the classroom without that 1-on-1 interaction with professors, should also look beyond Ashford and into bigger schools for a better education and future resume.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is a person that is unable to manage their time. It is imperative to have good time management skills in order to complete the reading assignments, submit your required weekly discussion posts in a timely manner and then to respond to your classmates. You also need to stay on top of the weekly papers, quizes or assignments so it is very important to manage your time.

Everyone should be encouraged to attend college. A person who does not have the motivation to attend college just needs that extra little push to see that they can make something better for their life by continuing their education. Support groups and services are avaiable to help people with disabilities or even just those who struggle due to lack of interest. Therefore there is no one who should not attend school.