San Diego, CA

Ashford University

« See more reviews of Ashford University

During my senior year I was more concerned with graduating and getting out of high school than I was with preparing for college, at least not at first. If I had the opportunity to go back I would tell myself to be more organized about applying to schools because then I would be able to make a more informed decision. I feel that knowing as much as possible about the school you decide to go to is very important and it will make the transition easier. Also I would tell myself that having a set schedule and self discipline is very important in making sure that you get your work done on time. I would also tell myself that this is an important time in a person's life so remember that you need to enjoy it and have fun and try not to stress over the little things.

Choosing a facility to further your education is a very difficult decision. It is not just something that can be thought about in a matter of minutes or days. This choice should take up to weeks or months. Do not ever choose a school based on the fact that your friends are going there. Choose a university that is right for you based on many different aspects. Whether or not you are social and want a big school to make numerous friends or if you want a small campus because it is a better learning experience. Choose a school that offers your interests in learning and social activities. These are what make colleges so much more exciting than what they seem. College is a privilege and every individual deserves an opportunity to pursue their education.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would first of all say hang in there and graduate, do not settle for anything less even a G.E.D. I would also tell myself not to take my time about returning to school i.e after almost all of your children are grown, but instead head into that classroom take charge and become the person you were meant to be, before you hit 40. I would tell myself that life will be full of challenges however if you work harder and smarter you will accomplish every ounce of goals that I put in front of my path. Challenges and obstacles will make me stronger and everytime I meet or exceed those challenges I am setting the presidence for what my children will accomplish. Do not wait, now is the time.

If I could go back in time I would definately want to change knowing what I know now. At that point I didn't care as long as I passed all my high school classes and I graduated. I wasn't thinking about college all I knew is I wanted to get out of high school. I don't regret my decision, but at the same time I do know that I needed to change. Now I work two jobs having to get up so early in the morning, come home, and then go to the next one just to survive. I always planned on going to school and applying then I pushed it aside. I only took one year off but I pushed myself to apply. I the best advice I would give myself is, work is not everything. Go to college, prosper, and be something more than what you are now. College, in the end, will be worth it.

I wish I could go back and tell myself to make the choice to enroll in college at 18 when I received my GED. I would tell myself, "you can do it, even though it looks like you can't right now. You can take one or two classes at a time and you can work part time, and you can make it through. It will be challenging, but you will also learn alot and it will give you the confidence you will need at the start of your career. It will be much more challenging if you wait until you are an adult with an established career and with all the responsibilities of maintaining your home life. Get the degree now, while you are still young, energetic and fresh. It will be a great accomplishment and a foundation on which to build your entire work/life experience."

Things happen in people's lives that change them for the better. Don't give up hope and keep on going to school. Don't give up for other's mistakes because you are a strong individual and will accomplish many great things in life. You don't want a low GPA because your missing so much work from your classes. You need that GPA scholorship that Ashford offers to all students because without that scholarship it will be difficult to pay off your tuition. Just think about the brighter sides of things. Stop feeling down and putting negative thoughts in your head. Your an amazing person and need to keep the reputation up that your the first to attend a 4-year University and actually have a career. Work hard for that 4.0 and don't let anything hold you back.

When I graduated High school it was recommended that I go to college. The problem I had was that I had no idea what I wanted to do, so college wasn't that important to me. I partied to much and had no drive, so I droped out. I was working at my minium wadge, part-time job for almost a year, and one day I woke up and said to myself that I do not want to do this for the rest of my life. I saved up to get back into Lake Land Community so that I could make my grades and get my GPA back up so that I could transfer to Eastern Illinois University. I wanted to transfer to EIU so that I could get into the R.O.T.C. program and I could get my college paid for. My experiance has taught me that what Ever I want to do, I can acheive if I put my mind to it.

Going to college is one of the most important factors that affect the rest of your life. Completing college should be a top priority. With this in mind, looking for a college based upon its reputation is not the best way to decide upon the college to attend. Look for a school that best fits your personality and will keep you interested in finishing the degree program. The cost of attending a college should not be as high of a priority. An expensive college may be worth the cost if that school has the ability to keep you attending until you get your degree, but if it doesn't keep your interest, it is just a waste of money. The same is true of a more budget conscientious school, but again, if you don't finish, you still have wasted your money.

I have gotten so much vital information out of my college experience. I have learned so much, and was able to finally decide on a major. Due to college, I learned about Audiology. I am planning on going to Audiology school after receiving an undergraduate degree in Speech Pathology. I was not even planning on attending college, but luckily I did. I also learned the importance of hard work. Attending college has been a valuable experience to me because I know that some people are not able to attend. I also understand the importance of getting a good paying job, which a college education helps make possible. Attending college has been valuable to me because I can learn the skills I need in order to start a career and generate a good income.

Now that I am older, I value my education and I am very serious about learning. My grades are something that I have earned and hours upon hours of hard work goes into each assignment that I turn in. Learning and knowledge is something that no one can ever take from me. College has given me the opportunity to share with others, be more open-minded on different views, and to respect one another even when we cannot agree. My children see how important school is and what a high value I place on learning. I am hoping that they will adopt my mentallity when it is time for them to continue on to higher learning. After I receive my degree, I hope to share my knowledge with my community and to make a positive impact on everyone I come across.