San Diego, CA

Ashford University

« See more reviews of Ashford University

The most frustrating thing about going to school is finding a job that will help me further my career choice within an administrative field, Public Administration. Having a degree that says I know vs. having actual experience in the field makes the difference. There is no emotional support or financial support on the home front, and I rely on my college for hope and always rely on myself for money, so leaving my cook job of thirteen years, because of some rather disturbing and obvious unsanitary reasons not applicable, the most difficult thing about going back to school is money.

Although it's not a major issue, I was disappointed about not being able to retake the English Competency Exam. The cut-off score was 70 and I scored 71. I would have done a lot better the second time around (I had been unwell during the first one). Now I 'm required to take three English Communication courses despite the fact that I have been an ESL teacher for many years and know the rules of the language well. Luckily, I have the option of testing out by taking CLEP tests. Also, I might appeal to my education advisor.

I would say the most frustrating thing about Ashford University is the way they disburse the funds that a student has been awarded and how long it takes them the issue a refund of what is left of your money. The money that is awarded to the students is for tuition and books but if you are taking a online class at Ashford you will not get any money issued to you to pay for books until long after the class has started and sometimes after the class has finished. Ashford also need to have direct deposit.

The most frustrating thing about my school is having enough time to complete my course work. I work fulltime and am a single mother taking care of a house and huge lawn. I wish there was more help in getting scholarship information and filling it out , as well. I really need help with finding free money for school, so i can accomplish my full degree and goals i have set in front of me. I also wish i could talk to my professors in order to make sure i am interpreting their assignment correctly.

I don't know anything frustrating about Ashford university yet because I haven't started school there quite yet. Having attended two othe schools; one private, one a community college, I could find a few things frustrating about both. At the private university I attended it was frusrating how much the school cost. I could no longer afford to attend and went to a community college. The only thing frustrating about that school was the amount of people all over campus. Otherwise I enjoyed both.

The most frustrating thing about going to a for-profit university, such as Ashford, is that the school operates on both a business and a school level. Therefore, budget cuts are made all the time, such as 4 sports were cut this year, along with the closing of a dorm building. Ashford looks to increase profit and decrease cost, which leads to sacrifices on the student levels. There are many positives to a for-profit, but the pitfalls can outweigh the positives in some aspects.

The most frustrating part of my school is waiting for other students to turn their work in. Part of what we do, as students, is replying to other students' homework. However, if the other students do not finish their homework on time, I am not able to reply to their input. I chose Ashford University so that i would be able to work at my own pace. Yet, i am dependant on other students finishing their homework for me to complete my assignments.

I find it frustrating that prior to enrolling at Ashford University I was told how much financial aid I would receive; however, after enrolling I have found this to be untrue. Being a single mother of two young children it is hard to pay for everything. I often find myself attempting to complete classes without books simply because of the lack of money needed.

The only point of frustration I can say I've experienced at this point is that the first classes are very easy and so I find it very simple to finish all of my coursework even before the next class opens. I hope to address this in the near future by taking more than one class at a time, which may not be standard practice, but it will keep me interested.

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be that the classes only last five weeks online. If they could last about seven weeks I could actually get the hang of things a lot quicker, although I do realize that if the classes were longer they would not be able to fit all the classes that are needed into four years of schooling.