San Diego, CA

Ashford University

« See more reviews of Ashford University

If I'd known it was possible to complete my degree online, I would have enrolled sooner. The flexible schedule is convenient and the courses are challenging and interesting. The teachers are excellent and the staff is supportive and helpful. They have made the experience of returning to school after a long hiatus enjoyable rather than daunting. I recommend to anyone thinking of starting or returning to college who has been unable to do so due to obstacles like being unable to physically get to a campus or being unable to pay high tuition, to consider pursuing their education online.

I wish that I could have found this school before applying to my local community college. The classes at the community college were great, but hard to deal with because I was working a 50 hour a week job and trying to go to school on a part time basis. Some of the professors didnt care that you had a job and they wanted almost impossible things done for the classes. I wish that Ashford would have popped up on my search for schools when I was researching different colleges to help with my education for my Early Childhood Degree.

That the financial aid I was told I had qualified for did not cover all the charges each term or leave enough for books. I would have chosen a school that I would have qualified for a scholarship at instead of having to take two student loans and a pell grant each semester. I would have chosen a better financial advisor he is absolutely no help whatsoever. He did not even know where I should look for additional funding when I asked so I could reduce my full time job to a part time. The academic advisor has been incredible.

I wish I would have known where to find more scholarships and grants to help to pay my tuition because I am now burdened with trying to keep up with school work, caring for my husband and the house hold, preparing my oldest son for college and searching for scholarships for both of us. If I would have known I would have done this before I began college. Never the less, it is still exciting. I also wish I would have known that I had to pay for books out of my already tight budget. However, my family made sacrifices.

I am currently enrolled in the online program at Ashford University and I wish I had known that learning on your own is much more difficult than I could've ever imagined. My advice would be to make sure that you are a strong inpdependent worker and also that you shouldn't mind studying and doing all of your assignments all alone. When we turn assignments in then you can converse with your classmates. It also requires you to be a very visual person. If you're an auditory learner online learning isn't for you.

I wish I would have known about the required courses that are forced on to the students. Most importantly, I wish I could have known how serious the grading policies were and how they compare to other colleges, all types.. The grading just seems to be far too lenient at times, THis could be explained by the fact that I am a highly experienced stuident with nearly five years of total college or that I am peaking now and am on the top of my game but I am surprised at how high some of my grades have been.

Before I went to any kind of college I wish I would have known more about my options to pay for school. I also wish I would have known not to choose a private university right away. Going to a community college first definitely helps save money in the long run. Unfortunately, being the first in my family to go to college, I didn't exactly have anyone to help guide me through the whole college process. I would have made some choices differently that would benefit myself and my family financialy.

When I came to this school I had left a community college. I wish I had started at this school first before I went to the community college. I would have done my whole four years here. I have enjoyed this college (Ashford University) I have learned a lot from this college. The professors are very nice, they help you with problem, they are straight to the point and very understanding. I enjoy communicating with a person who listen to me. They listen and try to help you with your problems.

I really don't wish for anything that I knew before attending Ashford University the teachers are very helpful, all the assignments are very clear what you have to do and all the resources Ashford has for the students is pretty interesting. I am looking forward to be going to school at Ashford when I first signed up in February the gentlemen was really nice and helping me get very thing set up with financial aid, my transfers from the other school and getting my classes picked out for me.

For some reason I looked at the cost differently then what it is. When I looked at the cost to attend the online portion of their school, I saw the per credit cost at $400 is dollars. I for some reason assumed that cost was for each class, not for each credit for some reason. When I went back to look at it I realized that I had made a costly mistake. Instead of having the last 10 or so classes that I have to take cost around $4,000 it will cost around $15,000.