San Diego, CA

Ashford University

« See more reviews of Ashford University

The enrollment process was very personal and helpful. The academic Advisors are extremely helpful and attentive to the individual students needs. The classroom has such an openess, yet etiqutte is observed by all. The professors or instructors are very help, and also attentive to the student and their progress. The availability of books and other materials are handled by a great company. When materials are ordered they are shipped the same day by 2:30 PM, this allows the material to arrive within two business days. Having attended another university, Ashford University and the staff make you feel welcome.

Ashford University provides you with courteous and efficient customer service. Whenever I need help, they are available to help me. If I'm unable to reach any of my advisor, they will call me back as soon as possible. Taking online courses at Ashford University, is easier because I have two young children and I'm unable to send them to daycare. I also have no transportation. The online course is convenient and allows me to work at my own pace. It's given me an opportunity to better myself so I can provide a better quality for my children.

My school offered a very good online class subject and content. I enjoyed the freedom to expressed myself and learn from others. When opportunity knocks, I am one to open the door. This one year has been awesome learning for me as a middle agestudent, and it allowed me to teach younger students old things, while i learn new and innovative things from them. My classes were diversed enough that we all where interested in learning from one another. There were issues for me to work out by myself, and I am proud to say that I did it.

The best thing about Ashford is that the Early Childhood program I am attending is available on line. I am a non traditional student because of my age,34. I have 2 children one who has been diagnosed with asthma and is hospitalized at least 3 times per year. I am unable to go to classes because I have 2 full time jobs. Ashford gives me that opportunity. I also like the support the school gives you. I did not qualify for full assistance and it was my Ashford adviser who pointed me to campus discovery for prospective scholarships.

The best thing about my school is the resources that the staff have made available to the student population. The teachers are willing to help outside of class. The Flavian Center helps with tutoring and when you need to retake tests. The Webcrc allows us to access our class when we are away from the school and allow us to submit assignments when we are sick or unavailable. It also allows us to contact our professors by email for questions that we think of later. This is the best thing about my school because it is accessible.

There are many things that I could speak of but as a student you have to know what you want from your school. I can tell you Ashford offers online classes which can be taken anywhere in the United States and is growing further. Every class runs for five weeks and is set up the same way; requirements are the same for each professor as well. This consistency allows for organization and preparation in every class. In order to choose this school, make a list of what you are looking for in a college and compare it to the website.

The best thing I think about my school is that I am completing my Bachelors Degree from the comfort of my own home and using there online degree program. I love the fact that it is more of an independent study and learning at your own pace rather then trying to absorb information that is being thrown at you so rapidly that you cannot retain it. Also the courses are only 5 weeks long so I will finish my degree sooner then if I where to attend a formal university setting as I am a working adult.

The best thing about Ashford University is that they offer classes online. I am a single mother and can not afford expensive child care so, taking classes on line saves me money because I don't need to pay child care. Another advantage to taking classes on line is you can go to your class when you have time; with a traditional school you could not do this. The flexibility of attending my classes is wonderful because I work sixty hours a week and find myself doing course work at 2 am.

The best thing so far is the one-on-one help with anything I have questions about. Anytime I am confused about how to sign up for classes or have a question about a homework assignment, there is always someone I can contact. The enrollment process was especially confusing. I had an advisor on the phone with me while I filled out the application. It was great to actually be able to answer the questions without having to guess at a meaning.

Working with professors from every end of the country. Meeting people online from all over the country and world. Learning and applying time management and understanding the importance of it. Concentrated classes that are doable and can be completed with the confidence that you have achieved and reached a goal. The advising staff is superb with guidance and excellent response time. Overall, the experience has been great.