Ashford University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Ashford University

Keilani

They are very helpful,the courses are very flexible,it is one class every 5 weeks so it is easy to focus.there is also of a large variety of electives you can take that you are allowed to choose. Your enrollment advisor is always there if you need help.

Timmy

Good school, especially for busy working adults and those who want to finish a degree in record speed!

Lisa

I absolutely love this University. Everyone is helpful, the councelors are great. The teachers are always trying to make you better. There are all kinds of online help that is provided to you free of charge. I absolutely love going to school here.

Ricardo

Ashford University is a great school and I enjoy being a part of it. The assignments are definitely a challenge and hard work is needed to get good grades. The staff really cares about the students and try their best to give the proper guidance needed to put a student on the right path to success. I rated this school 4 stars out of 5 because the tuition is on the high side and not all of the course materials are covered under the student loans. Such as all Real Estate Study text books and the science course LAB KIT. Other than that, I really like the school.

Nichole

I've had an excellent experience with the instructors and classroom, but the financial aid staff are unprofessional. There were some awful experiences with a few when switching institutions and they had me paying out of pocket for services not rendered. Needless to say, they reimbursed my funds and apologized. I would recommend this school only for those who can afford the absurd tuition fees that steadily increase.

Kimberly

Love that I can do class work on my own time.

Elaine

Ashford University is great for adults returning to college or attending for the first time. It allows you the flexibility to complete the program online and online have to concentrate on one course at a time. They staff and faculty is friendly and always willing to help.

Shannon

After having a bad experience with a different online college, I started my Bachelors degree with Ashford. I am thrilled I made that move and completed my degree. Ashford provides an excellent education with faculty member's who support each student. I have enjoyed my experience with Ashford so much that I am getting ready to start my Masters program. I highly recommend looking into Ashford University for your educational needs.

Billa

Ashford University as help me to obtain many years of a learning experience to train hired employees, being a service manager specialist and a leader can bring my productivity to life, to bring more organized team members, and being a manager will bring forth new ideas. To save time and money I have learned the willingness to show initiative of my learning experience by working where I’m needed. Resolve employees and customers concerns, requests, and complaints in a respectful manner. Being educated by Ashford University has taught me and will teach me to make my product known by revealing my knowledge to the public from my company by giving presentations, posting blogs, twitter, face book, and to show how well I work with others. Work with and monitor performance of venders. Ashford University will teach me how to receive orders, and have the ability to interact with my customers. Respond appropriately to customers issues. In learning such skills this Ashford University has proceeded some classes and I would like to finish with them to bring forth the knowledge that has been and will be extended to motivate, recruit, coach, and to reinforce a great behavior from a learning experience. It has been a tough road but every step with Ashford University has been my pleasure to finish what I have started since October 13, 2013 and the rest of journey I will love, because they have taught me the things that are very important to bring forth the knowledge to succeed.

Mezeline

My adviser is awesome, always available, and encouraging to me. They accept prior learning credits from previous schools that students have attended, as well as college credits to transfer. You can take classes on your own schedule, whether accelerated or a slower pace because it is 100% online. They have an AWESOME writing center ( the thesis generator is REALLY helpful!) The tuition price is a little higher than I'd like, but overall affordable. They take any financial aid. Department staff respond promptly to student emails. They provide numerous majors and minors. Overall, I give Ashford University 4 and a half stars out of 5!

I really enjoy attending Ashford University and I really like my teachers. My teachers are always willing to help when they are able too and the students are also willing to help as well. I have been attending Ashford University for over a year now and I am very pleased to be a student of theirs.

It is a great school with great faculty and staff. I would recommend it to anyone. I spent most of my time going to class via the online portal. I love the atmosphere online. The professors were very helpful and full of great wisdom and advice. Ashford is great for the working adult as well.

kathryn

Great school for the working person all classes are online and able to be worked on when you can. Each class is for 5 weeks with a week running from Tuesday until Monday.

It is a flexible online school. Great for students that are not able to get to a brick and mortar classroom. Pricey if you don't have scholarships or grants. The campus has moved from Iowa to San Diego but I have not been to the campus nor do I know of any activities there.

Kristina

I absolutely love Ashford University, I attended my classes on line but the experience was awesome. The instructors are very helpful and they are accessible at all times for any issues that may arise. Ashford cares about their students and they want them to succeed in their career of choice so they do everything they can to push you into your destiny. Ashford is a great school, I love the online format and how it fits my schedule. The counselors at Ashford so helpful and informative in way of making sure you stay on track for graduation. All you have to do is apply, pick a major, and the classes will be set up for you, you do not have to wonder about what class to take because your whole schedule will be set up for you. I loved the fact that I didn't have to pick my classes and figure out a schedule, it's so much easier when it's already done for you. Also if you have credits that you need to transfer they are also helpful with that process as well and most credits will transfer. I had over 50 credits to transfer to Ashford, I was very pleased with the transferring process. I would refer anyone to Ashford for continuing their education, it was and amazing experience. Overall, I have not experienced the campus first hand, but the on line courses are great. I also meet different people from all over the world in the on line class and that what a great experience too. Ashford is a well rounded school that cares about their students and the future of the career.

jamie

I have loved going to school here for three years, and I plan to finish next year (2019). This has been very good for my household with the online environment, and school life. It is easy to log on, post, and work with other students/teachers. I have held a high GPA during the whole time, and plan to work toward a Masters degree when done with my BA. Which works, since Ashford offers fast tracking to further your education. Love it!

linda

Ashford University online program where the Professor work with you individually. Any concerns you may discuss with them directly. The stuff is helpful. If there is a concerns, I always was able to interact with them. The atmosphere help me produce my work in subject that was presented to the class, as we correspond together.

Raquel

this place has saved me and given so much hope! I attempted suicide early this year and I thought that I wasn't able to come back. MY advisor got me enrolled and accepted in the same day. Anthony Harmoning (i think i spelled that write) is my hero. Whenever he calls I get excited then when your big brother calls to check in on you. He has gone above and beyond for me. PROMOTE HIM!

Tara

I attend the online campus, living out of state. The environment for this college continues and reaches even those who don't live in-state. I feel like a valued student. The classes are great, the instructors are great, and you have to participate to get good grades. I love this school!

Rebecca

As far as Online schools go it has been an amazing experience and I am so happy that I have found it and been able to take part in earning my degree here. I hope that as time goes on I am going to better my schooling and earn my degree and later my teaching certificate.

Marion

I absolutely love Ashford university and the professors and the advisors they answer quickly and make sure you have all the information you need to complete a task or answer questions quickly that one might have, they are helping me find places for scholarships to be able to finish my degree.

Kristy

I do my classes online. Ashford University offers classes that I can do online since; I am a working mom. I like the staff that helps me with issues that come up with classes and financial issues. I can't express enough how easy to get enrolled with Ashford and how helpful everyone is. The classes are informative and challenging.

Uniqua

It is a great school. Professors and other staff are very helpful and thoughtful. I enjoy interacting with peers and learning different/new things daily. I have learned so much from Ashford and hope to learn more!

Christopher

I attend the Online Campus and it has been one of the best decisions I have made in my life. Although there isn't the face to face interactions in ways it is even better then you would imagine. Many who have anxiety or nervousness issues are able to "hide" behind a monitor. This allows them to speak out and voice their opinions, concerns and beliefs more then it would if they were in an on-campus setting.

Zulema

I love it! I can honestly say that I have found a school that works for me. You see I work a full time job and sometimes its a little hard to commute to school in my home town but with Ashford University I don't have to leave my house, class is just one click away. Not only that but I love that I can focus on one class at a time. I love that because I can give that particular class my undivided attention without feeling stressed about not doing well in another class.

Josiah

Ashford University is my second online university, in my opinion, the classes seem to be too easy to even be considered college level coursework. I am currently an upper level class MGT330, but it isn't rigorous in the slightest. I worry that I will struggle when I transfer to a traditional college for an in-residence graduate degree.

Kasey

I love attending this university! It has been a great fit for me and really wish that I had done this much sooner. This is the best I have ever done academically and would HIGHLY recommend trying Ashford University to anyone who was thinking about going back to school but has other obligations such as family or a full time job. With online classes you have the luxury of setting your own pace and completing assignments when you have the time. Everything is laid out of when assignments are due so you know what your calendar will be like! I hope that someone finds this review helpful if you had any doubts of attending classes online.

Christopher

Just started last week. It's been an interesting journey. So far, not bad. The reason I gave on campus rating is because I am taking online classes. The Ashford University campus is located in San Diego, and I am currently living in the Bay Area- San Francisco. I like how they work, especially taking a course for 5 weeks! It's a real deal!

Lorena

I love the online study process and I can't wait to get started on my Master's degree.

jasmine

I truly enjoy the experiences I have had at Ashford university. I currently stay off-campus, but all of the necessary resources are readily available 24/7. If you ever need help there are instructors, classmates, advisors, and the library staff to help with any need. I have never had any issues contacting those I needed and when I couldn't, they responded in a reasonable time. The overall price for school is acceptable, and the courses are very detailed with knowledge to help you when you work in your career.

They have a unique and rigorous course load but the degree is obtainable if you put a little hard work into it. I know the only way to succeed as Ashford University is to keep your resources in mind and always know there is someone there to help all day everyday.

Paula

Ashford has been great in accommodating my type of learning. I am an online student, and 55 years old. Returning to school was a bit scary, but there is always help available. Instructors are understanding for the most part. Choosing Ashford has been a positive experience for me.

patricia

I had been out of school for almost ten years when I finally decided to make to leap into attending college again continue on to earn my Associates Degree in Child Education and Teaching. The staff are amazing and are very helpful. As you progress through the courses you are assigned an advisor to help you with any thing that may come up along the way. The classrooms are easily navigated online, and I could not ask for a better college.

Macy

I love my Ashford University. I am an online student studying in Augusta, Georgia. Online learning allows me to have a daily life while earning my degree in the background. Each and every day I slowly but surely reaching my goals of becoming a translator.

Calandra

It’s a great school for people like me with great opportunities. The instructors always available and always reaching out. Overall I would recommend anyone to attend. You have access to the writing and library available to students who attend their 24 hours. You can also submit your assignment essay before submitting it to the teacher if you want them to check it for you. I love this school!

Gwendolyn

Just trying to learn and get through. I have learned a lot since needing enrolled. However if it would been proactively teaching especially if there are issues that are reoccurring due to communication. Then have to retake 3 classes could have be resolved that wouldn’t cause me to be in so much debt trying to complete my degree.

Kelly

I love my school. In February of this year I was diagnosed with major depression, anxiety and A.D.D. Ashford University did all they could for me to help accommodate my learning disability and keep me in my classes. They made exceptions for me to get my assignments turned in a little later so that I wouldn't panic and trigger my anxiety about losing points or lowering my grade in each class. I also enjoy going to Ashford University because when I was searching for a University that had my major they were one of the very few that offered Real Estate Studies in a Bachelor's Degree program. By offering my major online Ashford has given me the opportunity to pursue my dreams of higher education with the luxury of learning at my own pace. Ashford University has given a second chance at having a better quality of life by earning my degree in a field that I am passionate about. There is no doubt that this University is the perfect to fill my educational needs.

Bianca

My opinion of Ashford University is that you can achieve any goal possible, because they provide phenomenal support and guide you along the way no matter the situation or obstacles you face, they are there to help you be academically successful. They have truly designed a curriculum fit for any student to manage their lives while obtaining their degree.

Deborah

I am an older student with the desire and dedication for continued education. Ashford University has given me the opportunity to complete my education. I am considered a disabled individual. Ashford has given me added incentive for completion of current task. Though my body may need additional help from medications and other devices, my mind and thought processes are effectively working. I give each course with scholastic diligence making use of the help Ashford University has to offer (Writing, Tutorial services, Advisors). I feel Ashford University has helped this disabled person prove her worth. Thank You

Andrew

I enjoy the school very much. The instructors are very knowledgeable and will answer questions quickly if you have them. The online classes are very engaging. It helps to have discussions because it helps solidify your knowledge of the topic. I would recommend this university to anyone I know.

Due to the quality education and wonderful program setup of Ashford University, I am now closing in on my second year of schooling. Having a child to raise and realizing how important education is, schooling has not always been an easy feat for me to triumph over. This is an excellent university that ensures the success of each student through the use of multiple resources. Each student is provided with a list of advisers who are available throughout the week, an online library, textbooks, and a tutoring service. Overall, I feel my future is bright by obtaining an education through Ashford University. Quality curriculum and excellent service!

amber

they are amazing. the teachers and staff are always there to help you. they are so understanding. they have tutoring online to help around your busy schedule. they work with you around work and family time at home which is amazing. you can do school any time of the day.

Beth

Most students are online, working remotely from their home, so the review of on-campus categories can be skewed. The big draw of this university is that it is completely online, but the credit hours are extremely expensive. I'm in my junior year, so I refuse to transfer and lose any credits or stop classes, but often wonder if the amount of debt I'm accruing through student loans will be worth it in the end.

icsha

I believe that Admission's is awesome and your advisor tries to be as helpful as possible and financial aid. There is alot of support with getting your financial aid, getting registered and showing how to work the overall system. The professors here are creative (since we don't have a classroom) so it will be a hit or miss, but there are some that take that extra mile and there are some that are here to just do a job. The department that I disliked the most is the tutoring dept and I have feel like they are confused on the assignment and offer no clear direction. Also, there has been a price increase please review all your conferences are order.

Denise

Ashford University provides an excellent opportunity to those who can't attend a full-time university. It is an all online school that provides you the flexibility to seek your education while working and attending to other life responsibilities that one may have.

Elaine

It's a good online school. They are there to help and your advisor is always available. In the event that you need assistance they provide you with a writing center and the instructors are willing to help. Since it is online you don't really get to meet your classmates since they are located nationwide.

I love ashford university. The classes are easy and understandable. The teachers are nice and accessible. Theres a huge support team on your back with this school. I'm taking it online and it is by far the best course classes I have ever taken. It's easy to pass.

Michelle

I attended Ashford as an online student. The instructors were not very responsive to communications, and most of the learning was done by reading the textbook and not from instructor interaction. I did not learn a ton but I learned enough to progress me in my career and to complete my degree.

Savannah

I really like this school. especially how much help they will give you. Example if you don't have word on your computer, they have a link so you can use word. The instructors are very helpful and there almost 24/7. I would recommend this school to everyone. It really helps you when you need it. It is a online school I take. But I know they do have a excellent campus.

Gwendolyn

My overall review of Ashford . While getting set up with admissions etc. we have several counselors etc that’s available . It’s like you try to let some of the hyperness. as far as the admisyration