Ashland, OH
Ashland University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ashland University

Frances

Our school is best known for accent on the individual. Our college is known for it's education and business programs.

I have received a lot out of my college experience so far. Currently I'm learning that it's great to be involved. I recently jwent through sorority recruitment and joined Alpha Phi. Its here that I have made connections that I hope will last a life time. I also am involved with Adopt-a-Grandparent. This organization has provided me with the notion not to let life slip past you and to not forget those around you. Its been very valuable to attend because I'm receiving a valuable education. I know by attending and pushing myself I will in the end have a career that I love and have always wanted. If i didn't attend I wouldn't experience the experiences I have now. Including the small things like becoming independent and being responsible of myself. College teaches you not only the skills for your major but the little skills you will need later in life.

When I tell my friends about my school I tell them how small and easy it is to navigate. I let them know that the atmosphere is very welcoming.

Wendy

When I enrolled at San Joaquin Valley College, I knew it was going to be a difficult jouney. So far, I've been there a total of 14 weeks and it seems that my choice to further my education was the best decision I've made for myself and my child. I still have 10 months left in my journey, but all I've gained to this point has been an experience I would never change or give up. Leaving my education on hold 10 years ago, by working and helping out my father, I always knew I was capable of so much more than settling for just a job where I knew was taking me nowhere. I knew going back to school and obtaining my Associates of Science in Computer Support Administration, would be more gratifying than sitting behind a desk pushing paper for the rest of my life. I know I have alot to learn still and the learning will not end as long as we use computers, but I can't wait to go out there and show the world what I have gained.

Jerika

Ashland University is campus of great opportunity, that will do its best to get you where you want to be in your career.

I have came to an understanding that if you don't suceed in the goals you have set for yourself then you must not be trying hard enough. Being a student at Ashland University has introduced me to a overwhelming world of networking and compassion. I have learned and still am learning that at Ashland University if any student from any backgroud is determined to complete their goals at hand and is willing to create a solid networking foundation, for them the sky is the limit. A leader is never born, he/she is made and Ashland is teaching me this day by day. The goal for an Ashland University student is to not only graduate in a timely fashion but to be prepared and ready for the day after graduation and days to come after.

A person that is focused on their academic career and that strives to develop life time friendships and networks.

Jamie

Home. Its where my friends are, my sisters, my future.

Home. Its where my friends are, my sisters, my future.

The most valuable thing I have gotten from my college experience is freedom. Freedom to make choices, make mistakes, learn and grow. I commuted for the first two years of college and that got me nothing. I had to leave home. I had to live in a dorm and make life choices on my own. The only way to become who you were meant to be is to leave the nest, go to college, join an organization to develop your resume and leadership skills, make a ton of mistakes, fail a class and learn from it all. The greatest freedom of all is knowledge. Going to college gives you the knowledge to get into the career of your dreams so you can learn more and make more. Had I not attended college I wouldn’t have had the opportunities, internships, and sisters that have already made me a better person, and will continue to help me grow and become me. Going to college got me out of a small rural town where had I not left the most I would ever make of my life would be to get married & have babies. College gave me the chance to be more.

That I had a lot of growing up to do, and that money was going to be very hard to find.

Breana

Ashland Univeristy is a private school in a small town, but most people here are very friendly and helpful; the professors truly want to see their students succeed and the resources, and opportunities to do that are right at your fingertips.

Congratulations, Bre! I know you thought that high school would never be over, but you finally did it! You should be excited but not too excited because you still have to carefully decide on a college that will be right for you. I strongly suggest not choosing the very first school you visit just because the campus is pretty. Apply to many schools and really envision yourself living there for four years. Make sure you can have fun, but gain a valuable education at the same time. And don't forget to wait for the financial aid award letters before making the decision because you could get a full ride! Don't miss out on anything and pay attention to detail because this is one of the most important decisions of your life. It is vitally important not to procrastinate anymore. You will learn a lot about youself these next few years, so enjoy your time in college. Oh yea, one more thing; there IS homework in college, and you do NOT know everything. Again, congratulations and goodluck!

The most frustrating thing about my school is that going into Convo (a buffet-style cafeteria where everyone eats) makes me feel like I am still in high school. There are cliques, and the food sometimes gets old just like in a high school cafeteria. There are unwritten rules for where and where not to sit, and people make unnecessary commotion if someone accidently drops something. I know there are always going to be immature people no matter where you go, but it is frustrting dealing with it at every meal.

Krista

College is a time where students gain an abundance of independence. It is a time where family members are not going to make sure the homework is done, and each morning you are on time for classes. College is a time where students become more responsible, and have to make their own decisions. Students are faced with many more decisions in college, and students have to draw a line where there is a time to study and time to have fun. When making the transition from high school to college, it is totally all right to be nervous. Another aspect that helped make my transition to college easier was meeting my roommate during the summer before I attended college. This made the transition easier because I already had a friend on campus, and we consult each other if we have a problem. Another way to make new friends on campus is to leave the dorm room door open. By leaving the door open, people will stop in and say hi or even stay a while and just talk. Explore organizations that interest you, and do not be afraid to step out of the comfort zone.

The kind of person who should attend Ashland University is a person who is serious about their education. If a student is struggling with course work, the teachers and tutors are available to help and answer questions. Many scholarships are also awarded each year to hard working students. Students who want to get involved in school organizations should also attend Ashland University, because there is an organization for very type of student. There are many resources and opportunities available to students, and my school is a place where an individual can make a difference.

Ashland University is nationally ranked for their food service! The food is absolutely delicious! I eat healthier when I am at the university, then I did at home. Each week there is a menu so students can plan out their meals for the next week. There is also a nutrition analysis that is available online and students can monitor how many calories they consume each week, and other nutrition information.

Jaimie

HEY DUMBASS! stop trying to pursue a feild that you think "sounds cool" you're just going to quit for a full time job anyway. In 4 years you're going to realize you love helping people and have a soft spot for third world countries. Go! INTO! NURSING!!!! You're just going to hear about Doctors Without Borders, fall in love with what they do and end up broke and trying to go back to school so start now!!!! Make it easier on the future you aka me.

Crystal

As a freshman in college, the balance between study time and free time seems to be a pressing matter. I wish I would have known the secret of balancing these contrasting features before starting my first semester. Actually, I wish I would have known there would be an issue. Throughout high school, the line was clear between homework and relaxation. The majority of my homework was finished at school and my worries and cares were left in the classroom. However at college the classroom is just a ten minute walk and the work is endless. I think the secret to this precious balance is a sturdy schedule and scattered free time throughout the day to limit stress and pressure.

I wish I would have known the secret of balancing study time and free time before starting my first semester. Actually, I wish I would have known there would be an issue. Throughout high school, the line was clear between homework and relaxation. The majority of my homework was finished at school and my worries and cares were left in the classroom. However at college the classroom is just a ten minute walk and it the work is endless. I think the secret is a sturdy schedule and scattered free time throughout the day to limit stress and pressure.

Those who attend this school should be driven by great ambitions and seek a good education. This is not a campus to sleep through classes and slack off on homework and studying. The large cost of tuition should productively reel in those who seek a good education at whatever cost and therefore reduce the chance of failure among students. The slogan for this school is ?Accent on the Individual? which stands true due to the personal interactions with professors and the small professor to student ration in the classroom. The professors are really looking for success in their classroom.

Ricardo

If I went back and talked to myself, I would tell me to stick it out. Life is not always easy. Just because challenges are thown my way, I can beat them. It has taken almost 20 years, but I have two associates and am currently working on my Bachlers in Nursing, with the ultimate goal af obtaining a Masters. It would have been simpler when I was younger and not have the responsibilities I have now. I do not regret my current life, but it could have been easier if I would have JUST STUCK IT OUT.

Katy

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior I would tell myself to think only of what I wanted. Knowing what I know now I feel that only you yourself can make it work, you can't make your decision based off the idea that you know you have others that will be there with you. Unfortunately I had made that mistake when I gave up my number one choice for my boyfriend. I thought that I could make it through another school just because him and I were together, but I should have thought of myself and if I could first do it alone and if that would be true then all the support would just be an added bonus.

The worst thing about Ashland University, in my opinion, is that I was not able to commute for my first year. I had wanted to commute to decide if I would later like to live on campus but that thought was immediately shot down. It was said that I needed to apply to live off campus, but a very, very small percentage is able to actually live off campus. I feel that this may be a decision breaker for some prospective students.

The most frustrating thing about Ashland University is that the campus is spread out, making it a bit difficult when the weather is not the best.

Ashland University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.