Ashland University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Ashland University

Kelly

I love it here. I've made friends very quickly, which is not something I'm generally very good at. Almost all of my professors know me and are always available and willing to help me when I need it. The class sizes are a little small, I have a class with 5 other students who one day all skipped so I was a class of one which was awkward. But my professors also care enough about me that a class time was moved for me because it conflicted with another class I needed for my majors.

Dayana

I love it here. The people are great and the classes are a great size. The athletics are great. I am on the track team and they treated me like a family and made me feel at home. The food was great something different everyday. The housing is nice they were just redone

Liz

Small university and a great environment to learn and grow

Emma

I just finished my first year of college here and I absolutely love Ashland. Even though there is not much to do around campus they make it enjoyable to stay and have fun. All the professors are great and really do believe in you. I have had so many opportunities to get involved like being on the CEC board and building a sensory room right in the Education building. I have made so many great friends and have learned so much about teacher. Ashland University is a great place to be.

meredith

I love the campus and its size. it is perfect for me. It has a great college feel without being too big. I get to know all my professors personally. Sports are great here! Lots of extracurricular activities here too. Dorms have been remodeled and are really nice. Being on the nursing campus is about 20 minutes away, so there isn't as much atmosphere, but we're mostly studying, anyway.

Renee

I am a non traditional student. I work full-time and have a family of 5 at home. As you can assume I have a full to the brim kind of life being in school full-time as well. Why is this important to the rating of my school? My teachers are very aware of it and encourage me. They don't treat me differently. They do their best to help me. I live a hour from the school and just as an example one of the teachers allowed me to take their class online instead of coming to class for a hour each week. Another teacher allowed my son in the classroom and even let him interact in the lesson. It is a wonderful school with amazing mentors!

Ekatherina

Facility is kind of nice classes is huge 64 people, they are thinking about making even bigger classes, very few choices of teachers, 1 per subject. School is kind of cheap and very small, but adminstration office could not work together with finance office, so it is very hard to pay tuitions on time. Small town with shaped values and beliefs. You would see person who run entire college only once, but he is not one who would make all college decisions.

Thomas

Ashland university has everything that I want in a school. I has a small class rooms where I am not just a number. The education strengths there are amazing. The campus is amazing the people are amazing I can't wait to attend it.

Alexander

Over the many times I have been to Ashland University I have enjoyed every minute of it. After being a bit skeptical about this place i eventually came around to liking it. I have heard nothing but great things from people when I tell them that. I am going to Ashland. The food is excellent, the student life there is infectious and it's a very friendly place to be. Overall it is a very great institution and i am proud to be going there this year.

Ariane

Ashland University has its strengths; however, the university is lacking in the music department (especially the music education department). This department was thriving about seven years ago, but there is definitely a need for improvement. If going for other education majors, business, or even nursing, the school is definitely a competitor. The study abroad and foreign exchange programs are strong as well.

Christopher

Ashland University was the perfect school for me. While most people are afraid to be lost in the crowd at a large college, they also do not want to feel like they are stuck in high school at a small college. Ashland University is the ideal size because there are plenty of people and campus activities to really explore who you are and make many new friends and connections. At the same time, it is small enough that you are able to be an individual and a student, not just another number. The individual attention professors are able to provide through small class sizes and free tutoring provided by the academic help center gives every student the ability to succeed in the academic environment, regardless of the challenges he or she may face in their academic journey. Additionally, the campus has a rural small town charm and appeal, but is no more than an hour drive from the hustle and bustle of the big city. It is an extremely welcoming and nurturing community which takes pride in its university. Ashland University has made a profound impact on who I am as a person and I wouldn't trade my experiences as a student there for anything.

Zoe

I love everything about Ashland. There is something there for everyone, no matter what you're into. Everyone is very friendly and there's always a smiling face around the corner. The faculty and staff have always been very easy to work with and provide positive reviews of Ashland.

Keith

Ashland University is a great school, and I know they will prepare me for my future.

Alejandro

While it might be rough around the edges, Ashland has a nice charm to it. With small class sizes and in a small college town it's nice to focus on school. with that being said, the nearest hang out spot is 15-20 minutes out. Apart from that, the teachers are easy to reach and usually very dedicated and on campus housing isn't terrible compared to other colleges I have visited.

Chantel

AHLAND UNIVERSITY overall is pretty good. I love their academic classes they provide. They are not too hard but at the same time they are challenging enough to make you think and learn the material being taught. However, their food is horrible, I literally only make a sandwich every time i go to convo for dinner or just skip dinner and go to late night for French fries and chicken nuggets.

zacahry

it is a very good school and i would recommend any student go there. it looks like a very safe environment and the people there are all so nice and kind to one another. great surrounding area with plenty of places to go and things to do. i loved the atmosphere of the place and the location.

Ashland University has a BEAUTIFUL campus! I have visited several times now and I look forward to attending the campus next fall. All of the students and staff are super friendly and very helpful. The food in the Convo is absolutely amazing too! The campus gives me a very "at home" feeling!

I really enjoy the campus. It is a very safe environment. The professors are always willing to help students in time of need, not just in the classroom but they are willing to lend an ear to listen and help with student's personal problems. Everyone here feels like they're right at home.

Isabella

I love Ashland University. I chose this school because every time I stepped on campus I felt at home. This choice has proved to be positive because I truly feel that Ashland is my second home. I have met so many amazing people and I'm grateful for all that this university has given me.

Heather

I truly enjoy Ashland University and plan to stay my remain three years. The programs are amazing and everyone is so nice. Even though it is a small school there are a lot of majors and programs. Though there isn't much to do in Ashland, it's only an hour from Columbus or Cleveland. I truly love it there.

Kaleb

I love Ashland University I have had a great experience so far and plan to continue on for my Masters. We have a beautiful campus and great professors that make themselves available for any questions you may have. Ashland is very well known for the food here on campus.

DOMINIQUE

I really enjoy going to Ashland University. It is a very pretty campus with a lot of opportunities to grow as a person. My only wish is that there was more to do around campus.

Mariah

Ashland University is a great place to earn a degree. For the most part the professor are willing to work with you and they are able to get to know each and evey one of their students. The campus is a great environment and is overall pretty safe.

Esther

I think Ashland is a great place. It has a lot of middle ground where people can grow and connect. Although many view Ashland as a conservative school, they are constantly stepping up to the plate while not simply going with the flow. Ashland has a unique balance.

Kendall

I absolutely love it! The campus is beautiful and easy to navigate. Other colleges I have visited have not been as easy to get around in and not as attractive. Above all the class sizes and accessibility to professors are excellent. Also good food is always a benefit!

Kyara

It is a very good school with plenty of nice professors, students and an excellent amount of extracurricular activities. Though the courses can be hard at times it is good to know that tutors are free accessible and is encouraged to be asked at any moment that you see that you are struggling.

D

We were impressed with the university from the first time we toured the campus. The students and staff that greeted everyone made you feel like you were a part of the university already and they were eager to help answer any questions you may have about the campus.

TRENTON

I believe Ashland is a great place for students. It is an overall welcoming culture and there is plenty to do. The people are great and very approachable, which makes making friends easy. I believe it is also the perfect size in terms of the amount of students. Overall, I would be very likely to promote and recommend Ashland University to potential incoming students.

Olivia

Ashland University is a great school. The academics are great and professors are always available to talk with you about class and issues you may be having. There is always something going on on campus and there are many clubs that you can join, so you feel included on campus. Ashland University is a great place to make friends because there are so many welcoming people who go there. Ashland U is overall a great school to attend.

Ashland University is a wonderful place to be. I love hanging out around campus and everyone here is super nice. It is easy to find your way around and most of my professors have been splendid and extremely helpful. I enjoy living on campus and all of the fun activities that they have for us to do. The food is also phenomenal.

Rebekah

I think Ashland University is the best school out there. It is welcoming, small and very innovative. There are new things going on everyday that help to get the students involved on campus. There is something for everyone to do on campus. This is a very welcoming and inclusive campus and I couldn't ask for a better atmosphere to develop my career.

Karina

I just want to warn people not to go to Ashland University - nursing program in Mansfield. I used to be student there, so I know all insight. If you decide to attend this school be prepared to kiss everyone's butt, and if you speck up about abuse they will charge tuitions and kick you out of the program. HORRIBLE school. "professors" told me in my face "YOU SHOULD NOT BE A NURSE" really? I NEVER asked for "professional " opinion. They HATE people who is different, so my friend with black skin had to take all exams 2 times (during entire 1st semester), because faculty did not believe that she pass exams on her own. 1st grade was counted only. I was never abused in my life. I learn there how is this like to be abused. HATE this school. I plan to write formal complaint to BON in OHIO when I pass my nclex. I am not really looking for opinions I just want somebody to have good school experience, nursing school is hard but NO ONE should be abused. I was terrifies and scared. I was disrespected and humiliated multiple times by my clinical instructor. I had to deal with PTSD for about 2 years. I had to see professional doctor to get medications to overcome this bad memories. I few weeks I will pass my NCLEX write formal request for investigation and close this page of my life.

Monica

Ashland University is where I feel at home. The first step on campus, there’s a sense of belonging. Every student is there to support you and the professors are their to guide you. The food is out of this world, and there’s always something to eat or snack on. The extracurriculars are great, for a small school, there’s a lot of involvement.