Worcester, MA
Assumption College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Assumption College

Zebb

Hey Zebb, I know what youre thinking bud, I used to think the same things quite some time ago, and I just want to set some of your anxiety at ease. The first thing you need to know is this: no, college is not a paper writing prison run by slave driving professors. Believe it or not, some of the the stories you heard about college in high school are just as fake as some of the stories you heard about high school when you were in middle school. That doesn't mean the workload isn't there, but you certainly don't need to stress about your upcoming assignments. Trust me on this - I've done them already. Also, I know you're worries about heading off to a city for college. Coming from a small town in Maine, I don't balme you, but it isn't actually too bad. It's certainly safe to walk around a bit and enjoy yourself. One last thing before I've got to go, Zebb. You'll fit in just fine, so relax. Sincerely, You P.S. - Conrats on graduating. I'm proud of you.

I wouldn't advice anyone who doesn't like people to go to Assumption. I don't mean shy individuals shouldn't go here (on the contrary, I believe the community here would help draw them out of their shells a bit), I mean those who truely dislike dealing with others more than strictly necessary should probably look somewhere else.

It's a really close knit community where it's surpisingly easy to make friends. My classes are all relatively small, so there's a lot of classrom bonding, and the professors all seem to really care about my experience at Assumption as well as my education its self.

Grace

My classmates are like all other teenagers; what seperates them is their insightfulness and commitment to getting the grades they know they deserve.

If I had the opportunity to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would try to reassure myself that I am capable of what is needed of me. I am able to make friends and the academic aspect is different, but totally doable. Staying organized and keeping track of due dates is extremely important! I would try and help past me see that I had been preparing a long time for college, and would be fine when I needed to get to work. I would also tell me that everyone on campus (including the professors) are very helpful and there a huge number of resources I can go to for help. Also, the change as far as living situation is hard, but the time away from family will bring you closer together when you are home. Gaining more independence is worth dealing with some small homesickness in the beginning (plus video chat exists for a reason!). Overall, stay organized and be confident in yourself.

A student looking for a large university experience should not attend this school. Assumption College is very much about it small size and close student body.

Danielle

Assumption College is very driven for it's students and is very welcoming to all students that attend.

Pick the college for yourself and pickthe school you feel most comfortable. Go to a college because you want to and not because someone else will want you to. It is your life, only you can make your decisions.

The best thing about Assumption College is that there is always something to do, whether it is on or off campus. Assumption College provides many opportunites to volunteer, research, and play many intramural sports.

kelsey

My classmates are enthusiatic, intelligent, hard-working, involved, friendly, and out spoken.

I would tell myself that high school isn't everything. When you are in high school you think it is your world; every drama is a defining situation that builds who you are and how people perceive you. I would like to advise myself that that is far from the truth. College is where you truly find yourself and you get to start over. This is especially important for all those who get bullied to hear because there is bigger and better things outside of high school. I would also tell myself to not take life so seriously. Yes, it is good to try your hardest in high school, but being involved is equally as important as grades. I wish that I had tried harder in sports so that I could have played in college and build those team bonding relationships that I see alot of my current classmates enjoying. There are always new chapters in life and college is one of them. It is not as scary as some portray, but is filled with freedom, hard life lessons, life-long friendships, and a curriculum you can both appreciate and enjoy.

Someone who doesn't mind a small college, similar to a high school atmosphere.

Sonny

School is very encouraging toward students to succeed and do well.

School is very encouraging toward students to succeed and do well.

To definitely take the time to learn about a college and what it offers. They have many clubs and organizations that helps students to succeed, get involved, and make their time here less overwhelming. Never hesitate to ask for help, take initiative.

Kelly

The transition is not as hard as it looks and it is not as scary as you thought it would be. There is no reason as to why you can't at least try to attend, no matter how nervous you are. I guarantee you will like it more than you think you will. It is also much easier to transition into school right after high school when you are still use to having homework and studying than trying to get back into the swing of things later on down the road. Also, you will not be able to find a very good and successful job nowadays without a degree.

I wish I had known how much I would learn from this school and how its prices are very comparable to other state schools so I could've gone here from the beginning of my degree to the end.

Adam

The advice that i would give myself is that i would tell myself to apply to scolarships and try to get as many as i could so that it wouldnt be so hard to get through school and after school with all the bills. I would also urge myself to save some money and start paying off the loans while i was in school instead of waiting untill i finished school.

Jonathan

My classmates are interactive and give differerent outlooks

My classmates are interactive and give differerent outlooks

some people mature faster than others and thats ok. If you find a passion for something that is constructive and healthy but against the norm of others, it is ok to pursue it and never let other people tell you otherwise

The weightroom becuase I love to lift

Tonia

Today, if I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself to start college right after graduating. If you knew what I know right now, you would take my advice, and go to college now. Life will be much better for you than it will be with the road you are going down. Don’t get married to him right now, wait because, it does get better. You can better yourself, go get that degree you have been wanting and dreaming of now. So many doors open for you, when you have the Business degree in your hands. Go for it now, while you are young, before you start your family. Don’t wait. You have your whole life ahead of you to have a family, get yourself in college, put your education first and then start a family. If you knew what I know right now, you would take my advice, and go to college now. Life will be much better for you than it will be if you stay with him. Go for your dream, do it now. Trust me!!

Julianna

Friendly. People are willing to help if asked. Liberal School with a wide diversity of faculty and activities. So many resources available. So many things to do.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self I would tell myself to work harder on time management and on my studying skills. I would also tell myself to be more careful with who I affiliate with and who I allow into my life. I would also tell myself not to trust everyone I meet. I would explain to myself that I should remain a confident person because that would make the transition easier and allow me to make the right decisions. The advice I would give myself is to stay focus on what is most important and that college life is not easy so I should find real friends who will stick by me through the rough parts. I feel that the most important thing I could tell myself is to have fun and not be nervous about life. That with all the bad that will come even more good will come from it. I would wish myself luck and hope that the future was not changed too much because my life now is not that bad and I would tell myself that. This is the best advice I can give myself.

People who are not willing to work hard.

Assumption College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.