Assumption College

« See more reviews of Assumption College

At Assumption College there is a strong sense of community mirrored in every aspect you find yourself. With the number of undergraduates, a little over 2000, one will see familiar faces at every turn while still enjoying the diversity of race, religion and personalities. This allows everyone to come together and build fundamental relationships with peers and professors. Everyone proved their loyalty to each other during the Marathon Bombing in Boston. Taking place so close to our home, the tradegy brought everyone even closer. That is something that just doesn't happen at any school.

Assumption is very devoted to service more so than other schools I applied to. I was very attrached to their desire to serve those in need in the community. I recently served the people in Staten Island who were heavily affected by Hurricane Sandy. Assumption was also the most friendly and welcoming out of any school I applied to. I felt I was the most wanted at Assumption. They also had the strongest science program and would prepare us the best.

A unique feature about Assumption compared to other schools I considered is that Assumption has a much stronger sense of pride and school spirit. Since Assumption is a very small college it is generally a very welcoming and proud place. People are always seen in Assumption apparel, at sporting events, giving tours and recommending the school to others. From my experience, Assumption is a family like environment.

What is unique about assumption college are the lots of sciencie majors we can choose from and all the science program they offer. Their labs and classes are very helpful and proffesional. Also the financial aid to go there was good and it is close to my house. Another thing Assumption College has is their different activities to get involved and different opportunities to play sports.

Assumption has a dedicated staff in each field of studies. As a double major student, I have had the opportunity to work with these wonderful people to help me get my 4 year plan together. But they also are their for many other reasons outside of the classroom. I have had my life changed in the most positive way due to my sincere friendship with my chemistry professor from first semester.

I believe what is unique about Assumption College is the size of the school. Although at times it seems too small, I believe that this is sometimes what is needed. It gives you the sense of family and of knowing most people you are surrounded with. Once you get used to the size and find your place, you are apart of the community; you feel like you are at home.

Assumption College offers small classroom sizes so students are able to easily make new friends and receive the help they need. Our Catholic campus provides a chapel for students and faculty but is also open for the outside community as well. Sometimes during finals week Assumption has puppies come in for students to play with to help students de-stress.

Though this school is extremely small, we are like one big family and I mean that. You gain a few friends that become your brothers and sisters and the bonds made aree incredibly strong and I mean that. The school is always willing to help struggling students and we are always having different activites so no one will ever feel left out.

My school is unique due to it's family like atomosphere. It makes me feel at home and made the transition easier. I have also been able to get a new form of learning. With it's average size it's easier to have one on one talks with professors. I feel that I am able to better myself at Assumption and that I feel comfortable.

Worcester is a college town. I've been to other schools with only one college in it. There is never anything open late on the weekends off campus or anything to really do off campus. Worcester is also the second largest city in MA so there is always cool places to go and usually shuttles on the weekend to take you there.