Assumption College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Assumption College

Jaimorri

Assumption College is a great institution overall. The students are friendly and try to make conversation. The professors are always accessible and the notes are always accessible online. The facilities are very clean and up to date. The food is amazing and they give you a good variety. The campus is small, but there are many opportunities to explore the city of Worcester.

Adianez

Assumption College has a very cheerful environment, with opportunities all around campus and there is always a helpful student around every corner. I had the amazing opportunity to visit and tour this campus on Accept Assumption Day, and I could easily see myself attending. The students welcomed incoming freshmen with open arms. Whenever there was a chance for them to explain about their life at Assumption, their faces lit up and we could feel at ease with the vibrant atmosphere around us. Personally, Assumption College has the best campus size to fit my needs, and the education/club activities are astounding. I am so eager to attend this college as it gave me a wonderful first impression.

Jillian

AC seems like a great school! I would love to be a part of this community!

Audrey

Assumption is everything I was looking for in a college. There are so many ways to become involved in the community, and students and professionals alike contribute to make the campus a truly welcoming place that feels like a home-away-from-home (even for a student from half-across the country). Professors are accessible and seem genuinely invested in the education of students.

Stephen

Rigorous school if you are trying to make the most of your academic experience. It is a great small school feel and plenty of things to do.

Victor

Assumption College has succeeded at creating an inclusive culture that welcomes students of all ages. In addition, the academic culture is student focused and isn't tainted by ulterior motives of the academic departments at Assumption. The support from the entire staff is endearing and motivational because they are all willing to go the extra mile for the student or just listen when needed. I was skeptical at first but, throughout my time Assumption I've been able to cultivate relationships with my professors outside of class. Having them as resources outside of class has given me access to their insight that have helped me advance my career. The MBA program is no different, I'm currently enrolled and finding faculty for advice is effortless. The network of support has never failed me and so long as a student is willing to ask, this network won't let them down either.

Courtney

I love Assumption - I love the community feel, I love the people I met, I love the opportunities. I had some of the most fun times of my life there and did some serious learning. I felt so excited to find a major I was passionate about and stick to it. The English professors are dedicated, kind, and smart, and I always looked forward to going to class. The social aspect of campus was extremely fun too. Most people lived on, so all of your friends were always within walking distance. I know this is a privilege that other schools do not have if a lot of students live off campus. I felt like Assumption was an awesome community and I am thankful for my time on campus - I always felt safe and felt eager to be involved. Hounds for life.

Zachary

Assumption College is a small school, yes, but also a tight knit community. There is so much to do on campus during the week, and always activities to do if one is not into the party scene. The classes consist of 25 students or less almost one-hundred percent of the time, and the professors are extremely flexible in meeting with student if one cannot make office hours. Assumption College feels like home where you are challenged academically, and provides a fun atmosphere with sporting events and various other activities on the weekends.

Brandon

Assumption College as a visitor was an amazing college. It's a small campus, but very lively. The sports games are intense with people always attending the games and cheering. The professors are very nice having met them and they are always there to help. They are kind, helpful, and want everyone to succeed. There are great internships established by the college. The students are very nice and what is nice you know a lot of people. It is a very friendly environment. I am very glad to have chose this school and to be going in the Fall of 2018.

Alexis

I do not mind attending the college, but if I had to do it over again, I would choose a different school. The recent changes over the years has resulted in administration not listening to the voice of the student body, and students have noticed this major shift from their freshman year to senior.

Meagan

I love Assumption College, but there is definitely room for improvement. Living spaces could all be upgraded with AC’s, and kitchens could be more accessible to students. More transportation for off campus activities like shopping. More jobs for students would also be nice, along with better quality food in Taylor Dining Hall.

Alexis

I loved it. It has a great environment and amazing students that makes the students feel apart of a community.

Leah

I love the school. It is a small school and easy to know so many of the students I have classes with. Professors are always available and all classes are taught by a professor and not a teacher's assistant. I feel safe on campus and Worcester is an awesome city to live in. Close to my home and yet still 1.5 hours away.

Anonymous

Assumption is a disgraceful institution riddled in corruption. Let me first say that the Assumption police act like the FBI, preventing college kids from taking part in college fun, making the school more like a correctional facility than a college campus. Food is sub-par, in fact, I have gotton sick a few times from the dining hall - p.s. last time I checked, romaine lettuce was still being served. Academics are remedial with professors who Show minimal interest in their work. Dorming situation is awful, found mold in the room and have had several encounters with mice. I highly advise anyone considering Assumption College to look somewhere else. This is not what college is supposed to be like. So many students transfer after the first year once they realize what they have gotten themselves into

Anonymous

Cannot stress how awful this school is. You either go here if you are a goody two shoes catholic person that doesnt care about the boring school, or you come here if you had an alcohol and drug addiction in highschool, and your parents want you in a detention facility. This school is unbelievably strict when it comes to bag checks, alcohol, or any drugs. Campus police will shut down any party before 11, RAs and campus police will search you for alcohol, and if you appear to be under the influence you will get "points" by your RA. If a campus police officer sees someone stumbling, they will document it on your conduct record and search your room for alcohol. Not a fun school, way too strict. The classes are a complete joke. They are so easy and you do not get a proper education here. Period. Campus is very run down, food is atrocious. I lost 6 pounds in my first week here due to food. Awful school. Reconsider becuase this is nothing like they make it out to be on tours