Athens, AL
Athens State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Athens State University

Shondeckieon

I love Athens State University. When I transferred from a different college, Athens State University help me with the transition. It was a smooth process and every department was very helpful and informative. I would recommend any student to attend Athens State University, because they truly treat the students like family.

Alyssa

A very clean school with many professors and staff who genuinely care. Many of the staff will email students back after office hours. Everyone is very helpful and if they do not know the answer to a specific question, they will give you someone's information who does.

The school has such a beautiful campus with historic buildings that have character and state of the art equipment for studies. The students and staff are all very friendly and helpful. The teachers really enjoy helping and wanting to see the students succeed.

Miranda

Athens State is a fantastic college with a wide range of classes and schedules to fit most students' needs. I am majoring in Acquisition and Contract Management and I know that I am learning the skills that will give me a competitive edge on the job market.

Julie

The students at Athens state come from all walks of life but we all have a common goal: the betterment of ourselves and life!

The academics at Athens State is focused on learning and helping the student understand the material. All the professors I've had have truly cared about me, as a student and person.

Carol

The advice that I would give myself if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior is that your general courses matter. General courses are just as important as core courses because they are the bulk of your grade point average. I would also tell myself to learn how to write well because you will be writing many essays and research papers for the next four to six years. Stay focused on your life goals and do not become absorbed in having college social life. Sure, have fun and enjoy your youth but also remember there is life after youth. When you enter college, you began to build the foundation of your life. You have to look good on paper. When you apply for a job, which will be primarily online, the employer is look at your accomplishments, credentials and often times your college transcripts. What do you want that employer to see? What on your application sets you apart from the other applicants? Always give your optimal performance and take pride in your work. You are an A student so do not settle for less than that.

Athens State University is a great school. I believe that prospective students will get the most out of their education as long as they are putting in the work. ASU has a great career center and job fairs. The worst thing about the school that I can remember is that while in the Liberal Arts program, I could not take all of the classes that I wanted to take. This was not really a bad thing because the classes required prerequisites like most universities. It was standard procedure.

Persons who should attend this school are those who are focused and career-oriented. It is a great school to earn your undergraduate degree. The professors are very helpful and friendly. The curriculum is not difficult but you do have to study and be prepared. Procrastination will be your enemy and you will have to learn how to work with others in groups. Working with people is a social skill that will help you become successful in your career. ASU greatly emphasizes learning how to do this efficiently and effectively.

Brittani

The main advice I would give myself as a high school senior about to embark in the transition of transferring to a University is learn how to adapt to your surroundings and learn how to develop appropriate time management. As a full time college student you generally have assignments due every week on specific days and at specific times and although those specific assignment deadlines usually are inconvienent to a students schedule (to those who work, especially full time jobs) it can become very hard for a student to keep up and quite easy to get behind. Therefore, learning how to use proper time management is essential in a higher educational environment. Another advice I would give to myself is to never give up. Never give up on striving to be the best student you can be. Never let your High School teachers and principle or anyone else tell you that "you are not good enough". Never stop reaching for the goals you want for yourself and creating the academic foundation of excellence in order to reach them. As an ADA student, I have encountered countless obstables and face more every day.

The professors are absolutely the best thing about the campus. When ever I have had a problem or a situation with a homework assignment, my professors have been supportive and have been willing to work with me on anything I may need assistance for, such as if I need a one day extension on an assignment or if I am concerned I will not do well on an exam, they are helpful and without them I would not feel as encouraged as I do.

The worst thing about Athens State University is that Athens State does not provide on campus housing for it's students. Students, like myself who have to drive over an hour away just to attend classes and or exams could really benefit from living on campus. It would greatly reduce my cost in gasoline for my car. Non-campus housing is thr worst thing at Athens State University because students need to be allowed to live closer and enjoy their college life.

Timothy

I would tell myself not to worry so much about the destination but to enjoy the ride. Going to a college strait out of high school was intimidating but I really should have stopped stressing and instead have been more relaxed.

Lance

Stay in school and finish what I started. It's alot easier fresh out of high school than to go back at 43 with a family life.

The prof. skills and ability to instruct.

Somebody looking for a small school where instructors care about teaching skills that are useful in real life jobs.

Athens State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.