Athens, GA
Athens Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Athens Technical College

Brianna

As a student at Athens Technical College for the Fall Semester of 2018, I have greatly enjoyed my time here. The faculty are exceptional, the facilities are well-kept and beautiful, the class sizes are small, and the student body is diverse despite its small number. I would highly recommend this college to those seeking to receive a quality education for an affordable price. It is a wonderful community college that I am thankful that I chose to attend.

Jasmine

Athens Technical College is my home away from home. The same campus is very relaxing and each building is unique. The teachers , advisors and staff are very nice and treat you more like a friend than another student. There are weekly events such as nerf tournaments and festivals about every semester. Good selection of teachers and the students are friendly.

EMILY

I am currently a student at Athens Tech, changing career paths from my previous undergrad degree at UGA. I am the minority in this opinion, but I actually enjoy Athens Tech more than I enjoyed UGA. There are several reasons for that, but I enjoy the calm of the campus, the separation from my home life, and greater focus I feel I can put towards my studies because of that. I didn't enjoy living on campus at UGA, eating in the dining halls, never feeling like I could escape. Unless you happen to live extremely close to Athens Tech, you definitely will need a car, though. The immediate area around Athens Tech isn't the best - not much there, but it's only 5 minutes down the highway to get to downtown Athens. I think it's a great school for technical degrees and medical professions - I am currently here getting my prerequisites for nursing. The pass rate for nursing is over 99%, as well. There is a Zaxby's and Kroger very nearby so you do have options. The students are pretty friendly and the staff very qualified. Overall, I love it so far.

Amber

Athens Technical College is a good starter college. It provides good academics. I don't believe that Athens Tech helps everyone become successful. They do offer tutoring, but they don't encourage their students enough. Also, the student to teacher ratio is great.

Faydra

I enjoy being in the Social Work Assistant program at Athens Tech, however, I feel that the main faculty could be a little more involved with the students. Any time I needed someone to help me with Fin Aid or just basic information, they usually send me around in circles, and being that I am a 24 year old who had a child and finally decided to go back to school, it really sends a message that the main faculty doesn't stop to think about how influential they actually are to the students.

I used to change my mind about the major a lot, from a dermatologist to a web designer. Then, I realized that I want to be a registered nurse. If I could go back in time, I would try to volunteer at the hospital and find out more information about the registered nurse. I would like to apply for more scholarships, because I did not try really hard to get one. I realized that to pay for the tuitions are not easy. I want to help my parents as much as I could, because I do not want to be a burden for them. Finally, I would try to get a job and save my money to buy a car.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of spirit from the students. My school is not as big as University of Georgia, but I think we should make more events at school and let the world know that our school is one of the best schools in Athens.

There is no limit for anyone to attend the school, because I believe everyone is equal. There should be a chance for everyone to attend the school. However, there is kind of person that should not attend the school; person that does not care about education for him/her self. When that person does not care, more likely they will not be as successfull as the other student. Also, person that is not willing to work would just wasting his/her money and time.

If i had the oppertunity to go back and speak with myself in high school I would have to tell myself to start the process early. Not just in applying, but also in deciding what I want to be and which classes I would like to take. I believe that would have really made the process much smoother. This would also have lightened the pressure that I felt.

Nothing. My parents and sister went here so i was well informed.

I feel like trying to get all of my Financial Aid together is so confusing. It also seems as though the help is not readily available.

Sonja

The worst thing about my school is student parking, due to the construction of new buildings also the large registration of new and returning students.

I would advise high school seniors keep their studies in mind. There is so much to see and do and be a part of, but remember why you are going to college thats to get an education.

My school is unique due to the hands on training and excellent passing rate of the nursing students. Many facilities wait on nursing students to graduate due to their excellent clinical skills. We are very competitive there is no waiting list . Professors are very knowledgeable and want you to succeed in your profession. ATC has excellent tutors to assist students with courses, in which you might have trouble . I have researched other schools in my area also online universities, no one compares in friendliness, assistance with studies, and costs which is great when your an adult student with a family.

Melanie

I would tell myself to try my hardest to excell in all my classes. Also to strive to the best I could do.

I like the fact that Athens Tech is a smaller school so the classrooms are more intimate and efficient. I feel that I can relate to the students more here than any other college. I enjoy attenting Athens Tech.

The kind who actually has a life. Wether it be full time parent or full time employee. There is a schedule of classes for all types of people. Its also great to start off here and if you desire, transfer to UGA. That way you don't start college in a huge, unfimiliar setting.

Athens Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.