Athens Technical College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Athens Technical College

Chandra

I have had very positive experiences at Athens Tech. The teachers are very knowledgeable and engaging and I've never had a problem getting from any of them if I needed it The students are respectful and focused on learning. They offer many ways to support their students growth and assist with learning if necessary. The admissions and financial aid offices have also been very helpful.

Amber

Athens Technical College is a good starter college. It provides good academics. I don't believe that Athens Tech helps everyone become successful. They do offer tutoring, but they don't encourage their students enough. Also, the student to teacher ratio is great.

Faydra

I enjoy being in the Social Work Assistant program at Athens Tech, however, I feel that the main faculty could be a little more involved with the students. Any time I needed someone to help me with Fin Aid or just basic information, they usually send me around in circles, and being that I am a 24 year old who had a child and finally decided to go back to school, it really sends a message that the main faculty doesn't stop to think about how influential they actually are to the students.

Brianna

As a student at Athens Technical College for the Fall Semester of 2018, I have greatly enjoyed my time here. The faculty are exceptional, the facilities are well-kept and beautiful, the class sizes are small, and the student body is diverse despite its small number. I would highly recommend this college to those seeking to receive a quality education for an affordable price. It is a wonderful community college that I am thankful that I chose to attend.

I am currently a student at Athens Tech, changing career paths from my previous undergrad degree at UGA. I am the minority in this opinion, but I actually enjoy Athens Tech more than I enjoyed UGA. There are several reasons for that, but I enjoy the calm of the campus, the separation from my home life, and greater focus I feel I can put towards my studies because of that. I didn't enjoy living on campus at UGA, eating in the dining halls, never feeling like I could escape. Unless you happen to live extremely close to Athens Tech, you definitely will need a car, though. The immediate area around Athens Tech isn't the best - not much there, but it's only 5 minutes down the highway to get to downtown Athens. I think it's a great school for technical degrees and medical professions - I am currently here getting my prerequisites for nursing. The pass rate for nursing is over 99%, as well. There is a Zaxby's and Kroger very nearby so you do have options. The students are pretty friendly and the staff very qualified. Overall, I love it so far.

Jasmine

Athens Technical College is my home away from home. The same campus is very relaxing and each building is unique. The teachers , advisors and staff are very nice and treat you more like a friend than another student. There are weekly events such as nerf tournaments and festivals about every semester. Good selection of teachers and the students are friendly.

Maya

My overall opinion on Athens Tech is a hit and miss, mostly towards the staff. Not all the instructors were great but I loved instructor Dr. Jackie Wilson, who was also my advisor. Her classes were easy to follow and great with making the students communicate with one another. Every students experience at Athens Tech is different but I would say it's a good school if you want a start slow and find out what you do and don't want to do without having to pay as much tuition as a university and with a small classroom setting, you will most likely have a better connection with the students and professors.

Nethaniel

It's a good school overall. The lack of Dorms is a downside but overall the school is amazing. For a a technical college its lacking in the sports and fraternity department when compared to schools like Ga Tech but makes up for it with the age of its programs offered and the variety of programs offered.

Noah

I love Athens Technical college. It is easily accessible and offers a large variety of classes and programs. I have enjoyed my past year at this school and can't wait to further my education here. The teachers are great and are always there to help you should you need it. I highly recommend this school to anyone.

Lluvia

Athens Tech is a great school. They have good teachers and small classes. Its a good learning environment. This is not a party school. Its great if you live in Athens. They offer my course of study which is great. I would love to major in Business. It easy to apply. Its also affordable.