Atlanta Technical College Top Questions

Mahmood

If I could go back in time, I would instruct my younger self to thoroughly research your poetential majors. Don't get stuck in a over-competitve major that deep down you don't love. Also compare the college's credit system and how transferring (away from this junior college) could be a henderence. Don't be engrossed in schoolwork to the point you effectively dismantle interaction with your peers. Lastly and most importantly search for scholarships AHEAD of time, don't wait until you've graduated because things can change in uncertain ways (i.e jobs, family emergencies). Also, keep several arms lengths away from the evil forces of stress!

Myiesha

I would have graduated and focused, regardless of the unstable living situation I was input into. I would have taken the SAT and started looking for scholarships years in advance.

Allison

I would tell myself to take it very seriously and if they can avoid getting student loans i would let them know that there is so much money as far as grants, fiancial aid, and scholarships. I would tell myself to think where i want to be in four or five years or do i want to go to a techincal school and get a trade and then get a job and then go back to school to get a degree.

Kathryn

I would tell myself that college is nothing like high school. You can't just give up and hope the teacher will pass you. You have to stick at it no matter how much you want to quit. College costs money so choose wisely. Don't let anyone think you can't do it. If you dont understand something dont be afraid to ask for help. There are many sources of help at colleges. Be yourself too. Take advantage of any resources at the college. Enjoy your time there. Make the best of it.

Latoya

If i were allowed to go back in time i would tell myself don't wait to go to college. What ever it takes taking time off will only defer you and make you think twice about your decision. It is better to try and fail the not try and fail.

April

Straight from high school I went to college majoring in accounting even though I was unsure of what I wanted to do in life. I was unhappy and couldn't see myself working as an accountant for the rest of my life. So I decided to take some time off of school to figure out what I can do as a career that will make me happy but only ended up depressed. With no college degree or trade I found it extremly hard to support myself. So I went to trade school and got a trade that is in demand wich will give me a steady income and entered back in school after thinking things through. I never been more happy to wake up on cold mornings to go to school. Knowing what I know now the best advice I could give myself as a high school senior is to hold off on college and get a trade until I figure out what it is that I want to be in life so I can support myself in the process and get a feel for different occupations.

Shonda

I would tell myself to make sure to stay focus on the things you want to achieve and accomplish during the college years. Many distractions will present themselves, but by staying focused and having that tunnel vision set on those goals that you have set will help in the proccess. Maturity is also something that has to take place because there are students of every age attending and you want to be taken seriously. Last but not least, have fun! When all of your studying and papers are done its okay to unwind and get to know your peers. Go to the events that may take place on or off campus that you feel are appropriate, join different organizations that fit you, and always remember to be yourself!

If I could go back in time, I would have finished High School full term instead of getting my GED. Other than that I really don't think I would change much because I am proud of my decision to go to Atlanta Technical College and my family is proud of me too! One advice I would give myself though... would be to get plenty of sleep at night!

LaDawn

I would tell myself to stay focused listen to what my elders are telling me because thhey learned from experience. I would tell myself to write down all of my goals and to ignore what negative people have to say about school. I also would have started applying to colleges alot sooner.