Atlantic Cape Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Atlantic Cape Community College

Ryan

Atlantic Cape Community College is a great place to start off ones college years. The college buildings are close by compared to other colleges so there's no need to walk a long distance from point A to point B. The environment is welcoming and the staff are very polite towards their students. However; one of the negatives things about Atlantic Cape Community College would be the parking and the sizes of some classrooms. Throughout the day, students tend to be late due to the shortage of parking spaces. The classroom sizes are a problem as well because some classes can be filled to where all the desks are taken and about two to three students would have to stand or grab a desk from a nearby empty classroom. Overall, Atlantic Cape Community College is a great community college and would highly recommend it to others.

ACCC is an amazing school where everyone is very helpful! There is a welcoming community and even the workers are very nice. The janitors talk to the students and the security officers treat us like best friends. I love how the college is so clean and the teachers really care about the students!

Uyen

My college is a community college but there's nothing really special about the campus really. We partake in class. I personally don't talk to anyone outside of class. Some teachers are great, while others aren't due to their skills in teaching. Overall, I am neutral about this college. I don't love it but I don't hate it either.

Mike

All of the campuses are beautiful and filled with people who are involved and want to be there. The professors are all very interesting people and the smaller class sizes allow them to further explain any subject without much of a problem. The food on campus is very well made and is given to students for free on certain days.

Kara

I think that it is necessary as a community college and it has a small class-size however the professors do not always make themselves available outside of the classroom. The students do not seem exceedingly motivated because most are there to continue education or take courses to finish for their career.

Rafaiel

It's a good college overall. The math and science classes I've taken were all very informative and nice. It really teaches students to work hard and earn the grade they want. I enjoy going to class the campus isn't bad for a community college. I honestly believe that sometimes it might even be better than bigger universities. It's not perfect but it's alright and cheap. (there is always a line at the financial aid office though and I wish office hours for the admissions etc were later than 4:30)

Amber

It is a very nice and personal college. They really want you to succeed and give you the tools you need.

tamika

I highly recommend this school for all verity of social class people. What I can say about this school is that these instructors do care about their students being successful and succeeding in life . There wasn't a time I couldn't turn to my professor for help during or after hours. Instructors who care are important for us students because I know it was for me.

Julianne

Atlantic Cape Community College is just that - a community college. When I graduated high school, I had every aspiration to leave my small town for the big city - at the time I was pursuing a major in production management. I thought that that was what I was meant to do, but I quickly realized that I was dissatisfied by my choice in major, and the people I had become surrounded with. While ACCC lacks in cultural aspects like art and places to go, it is understandable due to it's location in a sleepy little beach community. I have found that my professors actually care more about my individual education than they ever did at my big city school, and to me, that makes it all the more worthwhile.

In High School, I was terrified to go to college because I knew I was going to be a freaky freshman who knew nothing. Going to Atlantic Cape was nothing like I expected. The school is so friendly and no one cares if you are new or not. The Professors have changed my life because they help me with my work and actually talk to us like we are human beings instead of people they HAVE to teach for a paycheck. The students are all there for a reason, we pay to be there and it shows because every part of the facility is kept up to date and the computers are amazing quality. One thing that most people may find strange, is that the janitors and security officers are our best friends at the college. I have never met janitors that have cared so much about students in my entire life until I attend this college! In the Spring of 2017, there were major lay-offs that involved our favorite teachers and janitors, once we heard, the students held petitions because we did not want to lose our beloved staff. Honestly, I wish ACCC was a 4-year college because I do not want to leave this amazing school, I am glad I did not choose Stockton or Rutgers, or even Princeton over this college because ACCC has changed my life and I owe it to them. I LOVE this school!

Miguel

What I can say about Atlantic Cape Community College is that it is a wonderful learning environment and also safe as well. While I am in class I do not feel like I have to worry or hover about another student harming me or the class and the class itself is very respectful. Every student here who attends listen to the teacher and does not disrupt or at least in my class. Teachers are actually more involved in the curriculum and want to see students pass and get their degrees. So they will do anything in their power to help aide the students to the right direction. Also, the teachers are very intelligent, they know that everyone has their own opinion on school and have their own work ethics. They do not rush you or the class to finish working on an assignment, they are always altering the class towards the class demands. Which in fact is very hard to do given hat there is a strict curriculum that professors must teach. Professors here at my college, want all students fully engaged in the class discussion so the students can fully grasp the true meaning of the class. Also, it is very cheap to attend here as well, there are many others school that I was thinking on going to, and I ended coming here to Atlantic Cape because of the New Jersey Stars program that pays for my tuitions since I graduated in the top 5% of my class in high school. Compared to other schools offering the same class, this is way cheaper and affordable to go to and that is why I believe I am enrolled in the best community college in New Jersey.

I'm still attending Atlantic Cape Community College, but so far I love it. There are a few things that I think make this community college superior to others. There are small classroom sizes, which allows for closer relationships with peers and professors as well as an engaging learning environment. There are also plenty of opportunities to join a class, no matter what your schedule is. I'd recommend this campus to any student that's pursuing an associate's degree.

Overall, Atlantic Cape Community College is a great place to begin one’s college career. They over plenty of opportunity when it comes to financing classes and scholarships. They also have great programs they are known for like Nursing and Culinary Arts

QuaNirah

Atlantic Cape community college is great school to attend if you want to stay close to home and not miss events at home. Also, if you have a child there is a daycare connected to the school so there is no excuse.

People may not be interested in a community college, they want to go away to a major university that costs thousands of unavailable dollars. However, Atlantic Cape Community College is one of the best two year schools. The staff takes their time helping their students, inside and outside of the class room. There are many opportunities that can be found. Best friends can be found here, and some of the best teachers around can be found as well. Atlantic Cape Community College takes the stress away. This college makes sure their students are fully prepared and successful in their future.

natalie

I love the school.

Juliunna

In the Middle of transferring to a College closer to my own home. I love ACCC for its wonderful students and I've made good friends there; Nearly everyone that didn't go to Rowan is here (ACIT KiDS) And I was in need of a fresh start and a new degree.

Natalie

I think Atlantic Cape Community College is a great school. It is really equipped, everyone is so polite and respectful of one another. By attending Atlantic cape community college I will be saving a lot of money.

richard

I have enjoyed my return back to school. I decided to return to college in my forties after twenty plus years away, in order to change careers. The students and faculty have been very supportive and friendly in my journey back to school. I would highly recommend this college.