Auburn University Top Questions

Our traditions at Auburn University are definitley unique compared to other schools I visited. We roll our trees with toilet paper after a winning football game, we can't step on the Auburn seal unless we don't want to graduate, and we are all apart of the Auburn family.

Our school is one of the hardest schools to get an "A" in a class. It has success in both academics and sports.

The sense of community among students and alumni is incomparable. One of the biggest difference are the fantastic traditions and experiences surrounding the football program.

Auburn University boasts a student body that is extremely devoted to the school and each other. We call ourselves a family, and it’s easy to understand why. To say that students of the university have school spirit is an understatement. I could hear cheers from the football stadium through my dorm window during the fall season. Also, many students at Auburn help each other succeed, and take pride in the success of their classmates. Cooperation and teamwork are emphasized, and the students get to know their classmates. Auburn itself has quite the small-town feel; everyone is family there.

The community and alumni. We're known as the Auburn FAMILY for a good reason. There's a huge sense of belonging and loyalty. You feel a part of something bigger than just your college/university.

Arthur

0

The Auburn family is all in! War Eagle! Rush Chi Phi!

Auburn University is most unique in its atmosphere. The campus is beautiful and pedestrian friendly with lots of trees and gorgeous brick buildings. The people on campus and in the community are seriously some of the nicest people you will ever meet, and everyone believes in and stands by the maintaing the AU Family where no one is a stranger. The campus is also rich in tradition and history, such as the flying eagle before each football game and the AU creed, which helps make the experience more unique and ginuine than any other school I came across.

Devon

The Auburn experience embodies not only a highly-rated business school, but also includes a rich student-life experience. With the many traditions, investment in community and general kindness in the area, students from all over the world are welcomed in the same gracious manner. Auburn is an established university with multiple strong schools that provide hands-on and real-world training for a student's career. Lastly, the staff at Auburn always made their classes interesting and put their students first.

Arthur

I wouldn't have gone here if work wasn't paying for my grad school. I don't think my degree from here is worth anything though

A ton of people fit the mold I described above. If you're one of them, you're going to love Auburn. If you're not so sure you'll enjoy yourself and aren't being given a considerable amount of money to attend here, I'd highly recommend choosing another school.

My campus has a family atmosphere that is unique to Auburn and its students. You feel at home the moment you arrive.

joyna

The unique characteristic about Auburn University that drew me in was having a big campus that still had a small home town feel to it.

What is unique is that it may be a big school but it really doesn't feel that way. Everything at Auburn is very close together and at a convient distance. The farthest walk you would ever have to make on campus is probably ten minutes. Another thing is that the football stadium is right in the middle of campus, which I didn't see anywhere else. Finally Auburn has a sense of being part of a veyr large family that I doesn't exist but in a few schools.

Virginia

I come from a small town and a small highschool, so looking at a big university like Auburn worried me. I was used to a small school and big uniersities like Auburn scared me. However, when I walked onto campus and toured the place, I realized Auburn was perfect for me. The university is basically one big square, with every building and field in a 10 minute walking distance. The city of Auburn is quaint and small, which reminded me of home. Each year about 24,000 students attend Auburn, but you would never guess it touring the campus.

After being at Auburn for a year and a half, it has shown me that a college family is where everyone cares and helps their classmates or students acheive their goals in ife. Here education is not the only thing that matter but that you become an educated gentleman that believes in hard work and the understanding of the world around him.

Auburn is a school that is filled with spirit and diversity. The students and faculty at Auburn University have a distinguishable love and enthusiasm for learning, and for their school, that makes the atmosphere so desirable to be around. Auburn is a place where people meet lifelong friends and never want to stop learning- it's place that people love for all that it is. The city of Auburn may be small, but Auburn University itself is a large school filled with thousands of students and faculty who truely are obsessed with being where they are every single day.

The people. It is a very diverse campus. Everyone sems to accept everyone for you they are.

Meagan

It has the perfect balance of small town and big college. You can leave home and start a new life, without having to go to far outside realms of what you might of been use to. I come from a small town so to move to a small town feeling big college was the perfect first step for me to experience life on my own.

At Auburn University I feel as if we are all family. For some reason i feel as if I have a bond with all 24,000 students that attend Auburn. As I walk to class daily you pass people and they just smile. Everyone is happy to be here.Auburn University is by far the best college in the land!

I think a unique aspect is the size of Auburn. Although the school's population is high, Auburn has its classes scheduled to where there is hardly a big class. My biggest size class was a introduction class of Biology, which contained 200 students. However, all of the other classes contain about 20 students, which gives the oppurtunity to know your professors on a more personal level, which I love. Also, Auburn provides numberous activities and volunteer oppurtunities to get involved in and help the community, and tries to get people involved.

Auburn University is a somewhat large campus, but you are able to get a small college town feel. It feels like you're a part of a family in most cases. The faculty may not succeed always in completing requests, but they make an effort.

My school is a much better school to goto then many other colleges I considered simply because Auburn is very homely. Auburn University is filled with many happy and optimistic and hardworking people who earned their way to this great university.

My school has a small city surrounding it; this is good for a person transferring from a rural setting to a large campus. It has a rural feel to it, so the enormity of the campus is a little less overwhelming. This is also a major agriculture school which is surprisingly not very common in my state, but in other states surrounding mine. The department of my major was the biggest deciding factor; the staff and faculty is amazing at giving advice, giving industry contacts, and ultimately helping students find jobs.

Sonya

I believe whats unique to Auburn is our school spirit. Everyone near and far all support everything everyone does at Auburn University. It makes the things that we accomplish on campus seem so much greater.

Tsega

Auburn university is wide in area, hasa large population of students and its diverse,i.e. a wonderfull place to live in.

Auburn Universtiy has so many different resources to help students succeed in their academics and aid students in ways to study and better manage their time.

We have tons of school spirit and support.

Kylie

My school is unique because it is built on tradition and everyone at Auburn has a passion for it.

Everyone here is extremely friendly and helpful. There are a lot of different majors that Auburn is very well known for. Also, there is football. Football is the main extra-curricular focus in the fall and nearly everyone is involved with it.

Our traditions are very unique. From post Football game activities rolling Toomers corner with toilet paper to our saying our Alma Mater at call outs for on campus activities. Every student feels the Auburn Spirit every day walking around on campus. In the spring you can here the fight song coming from the baseball field and in the fall you can hear the amazing AU marching band practicing on the practice field. The tradition is in the air.

Marshay

the whole town it centered around the school and it has been that way for years, the people who live there live and breathe auburn and bleed orange and blue, the school spirit is unbelievable and it makes you feel at home.

justin

tradition

Diane

The friendliness and classiness of the students.

It is a very friendly atmosphere; everyone is always smiling. It feels like a home away from home for me. It is very family and community oriented.

ryanesia

the students stand behind one another and motivate each other to achieve the highest that they can. they take time out of their own busy school schedule to help fellow students. so if you're afraid or embarrassed to talk to the professor then you have no worries. the professors too are very helpful. they're willing to do whatever neccessary to help you pass the class and i dont mean just giving you free points but actually sitting down with you one on one until you understand the material.

It is very much filled with school spirit and pride. We are a football school that gets a lot of recognition from athletics.

Brad

Auburn University offers an amazing education in a variety of fields. Aside from the education, a student really feels like they are part of a family here. It is something I will carry with me and appreciate until the day I die.

Auburn

General Richard B. Myers, retired Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, gives a commencement address

The people at Auburn University are extremely friendly and make everyone feel at home even if you hundreds of miles away. The school spirit is indescribable! Auburn makes you want to get involved and encourages you to do so. I never thought i would join a sorority or any organization but coming to Auburn completely changed my mind. They make everything so worth wild! The advisors are also very helpful when it comes to choosing classes and even changing to the right major. I would never go back and change my decision of attending Auburn University!

Pi Beta Phi

Mackenzie

I LOVE AUBURN!!

Pi Beta Phi

Pi Beta Phi

claire

pi beta phi

Abbey

Pi Beta Phi Sorority

Parking is an issue.

PI BETA PHI

Suzanne

nothing

Virginia

pi beta phi