Sioux Falls, SD
Augustana University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Augustana University

Merryn

I love Augustana University. The students are pleasant and welcoming, the professors are available and knowledgeable, the facilities are adequate, and the food isn't bad. My program is so wonderful and I have had so many opportunities to grow within my field. Augustana offers everything I need and so much more.

Avram

Augustana is a unique school. It’s a small liberal arts school that is extremely diverse. There are small town country people, big city slickers, and even kids from different parts of the world. Augustana embraces the differences amongst its students to create a great community. As a student athlete that attends the school, I see only a small amount that my university truly has to offer. The reason I saw that is because between school, football, and work it is hard to get involved in much more around the university, but I do know the options are there and I could easily get involved if I felt the need to. Based on what I do know and what I experience, Augustana pushes its students to be the best they can be and provides the services to aide any student in need. There are advisors that help you stay on track to graduate along with making sure you’re taking the courses needed. They find tutors for you if you need it and I have a personal story that relates to that. I excelled in a class called theories and techniques of strength and conditioning and was asked to tutor a student in it. She was the only one who appeared to need or want a tutor for the class so I worked with her one on one throughout the semester to help her get through the class. It also has great alumni connections and because of those alumni, businesses in the Midwest don’t hesitate to hire students soon after graduation. Augustana may be a small university, but it provides big things to make its students successful

Sydney

Augustana is a great fit for anyone looking to feel at home. Class sizes are small and professors are very accommodating. Campus is small and a sense of community is always present. I would highly recommend Augustana University for anyone who is looking to pursue a degree in the sciences because of the new facility just built. It is better than I could ever imagined and it is a functional space to learn and grow.

Jared

Augustana is a great place to get an education. It's a smaller campus, so you get to know almost everyone around you, but the smaller campus doesn't mean there are less things to do. There is a club or group for everyone. Sports are big, and many people play, but the games are places for everyone to enjoy. Class sizes are small and challenge you to learn and be creative. I would definitely recommend this school.

Joseph

Augustana University (Note the University part) does a great job working with all students to help them become ultimately successful. Almost all of the professors are here to teach, not for research purposes, so their goal is our ultimate success. If you want a smaller, liberal arts institution, Augie is the way to go.

I do not regret my choice for Augustana University. The campus is welcoming and every professor is not only available, but helpful as well. In the education program, the professors are willing to help you with anything and everything in your life, especially if it relates to kids! There is a lot of culture mixing and the class sizes are small, so you get to know everyone. The school is a strong community that does everything in it's power to give you the leg up you will need when they send you out into the real world. They really prepare you for anything and everything, making sure that you are the best of the best.

Augie U baby

Augie is becoming a pretty big deal. New buildings are being constructed and sports teams are setting records left and right.

Augie U baby

Mikayla

Augie is a challenging but thoroughly encouraging school with both students and professors who care about each individual's success and happiness.

I wish I had known the condition of the upperclassmen dorms.

David

Lutheran and Scandinavian heritage and local/regional success

Lutheran and Scandinavian heritage and local/regional success

Never reside with a housemate who is not on a lease. Even when unofficial subleasing was possible, no authority held the housemate accountable for paying bills, and great upheaval was needed to remove the unwanted guest. This became especially problematic when the aforementioned resident agitated friends and romantic relations and also purportedly used methamphetamine. Never lose faith in yourself. The world will constantly doubt your mettle. Explicit and implicit messages will daily remind you to give up. Find many reasons to defy them. Never lose sight of the big picture. There were days—even weeks—last year when I looked forward to nothing short-term. When my part time job scheduled me nearly 40 hours per week on top of a demanding, full-time academic course load, I wanted to drop out, quit my job, and never look back. I completed large swaths of tasks in dutiful fashion until I rekindled a zeal for working, studying, and daily living. Afterwards, the obligations no longer burdened me. I wish I wasted less time wracked with anxiety about all the commitments and enjoyed every day more. I have learned for the future, but could have avoided great drudgery.

Creative, free-floating, happy-go-lucky types should not attend this school due to the heavy workload and copious reading and writing assignments. Stringent requirements were a blessing and a curse.

Shawna

Keep your head up and your eyes upon the Lord. This life is hard. People can be hurtful. One of the biggest obstacles you'll face is yourself and your own shortcomings. Everything can be a learning experience. As long as you're aware of and open to seeing your mistakes, you will continue to learn and grow from them, applying what you've learned to future experiences and situations. Be yourself, or rather, be who God created and called you to be. Many people are continually striving to be who society tells them they need to be. Stay true to yourself and the Lord though, and one day, people will start looking to you as a role-model and guide. You might feel like you don't measure up, or that you're not good enough. But just wait. Eventually they'll look up, and they'll see you for who you really are. They'll realize how beautiful you are, for you are God's child. They'll see how wonderful you are, but you know the truth - what they're seeing is really Jesus Himself living inside you.

I wish I had known how to have good study habits and how to manage my time. I never really learned that in high school, and it's definitely been an even harder lesson to learn here at college. I wish I had known the difference between a "Christian" college and a Christ-like college; there is a big difference. I wish I had known that I am loved and worthy and respectable, firstly by God, and then by others; this would have saved me a lot of heartache and depression. I wish I had known how insecure people are.

As a person very grounded in my faith in God, I find the fact that this doesn't truly feel like a Christian school very frustrating, and even discouraging. The amount of drinking, partying, and destructive behavior is ridiculous. People complain about the state of the dorms, or the low-quality of the school and facilities. But a college is primarily made of up people, so if students stepped up and took responsibility for their school, their peers, and themselves, this school would be a better place. And turning first and foremost to God is the first place to start.

Augustana University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.