Sioux Falls, SD
Augustana University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Augustana University

Alexandria

Augustana College's concentration is first and foremost on education and succeeding in the professional world. However, the sense of community and camaraderie is amazing, especially compared to the first school I attended. The aspiration of nearly all students for success becomes a social network for like-minded students. Because of similar goals, acquaintances that began as late night study sessions and coffee breaks between finals often lead to strong friendships that go beyond the realm of classrooms.

When I was 18, I would have been most grateful if a 25 year old version of myself came and gave me pointers on what to expect regarding college. Firstly, I would have told myself that being homesick is okay and even expected, but to stick it out. It does get better. I would then impress and double impress the importance of scholarships. Education is expensive. At 18 paying it back seems so far away and almost unrealistic, but alas, it is real. The less debt you have, the better off your future will be. Realize that you will most likely not have your dream job right out of college, maybe not even a decent paying job, so borrow accordingly. Finally, I would tell myself to take the first 2 years of school to decide what I truly want to do. Do not rush this decision, as it will be one of the biggest decisions of your life. After the decision is made, stick to it and pursue it with every good effort you have. Do not flip-flop and wonder if you made the right choice. Have faith that you did, and see it through.

A person attending Augustana College should have a strong desire to succeed and put forth his or her best efforts. Professors here strive for each and every student to achieve their goals. With hard work and dedication to meet them halfway, these goals become attainable. As a student at Augustana it is expected that one goes above and beyond in order to have the most growth in their area of study, for example taking research positions, being a teaching assistant or studying abroad. If willing to work hard, one will be led in the right direction at Augustana.

kieu

High school is not a final destination in your life. College would be a stabe base for you to make a big jump in your life because you would be trained hard in college which gives you strengh knowlege for your future career. Attending in college might not be the most important, but it is the most necessary in your life. Enjoy the student life is the best experience ever in your life; you not only learn how to stand on your own feet but also be responsibility with your life and people around. College is a good enviroment for student to practice and learning becuase all rather sweat a lot on drill-ground than bleeding on the battle.

Tessa

Augustana College is best known for its academic excellence and its job placement percentage post-graduation. It is said that when employers from the area see that you attended Augustana College, they automatically put your application ahead of the others. Let's not forget about Augustana College's athletic excellence as well, though. We are known for competing in all sports at a very high level and going very far in our competitions. Lastly, Augustana College is known for being a homey college. It really is a second-family away from home.

Go for it. Go with your gut. Don't worry if someone else in your graduating class is going to your dream school too. It is YOUR dream school and it is the right choice for you. Do not go somewhere just to make someone else happy. Also, be prepared for the schoolwork. A lot of time that gets overlooked when making college decisions, but make sure you are ready for the work load. But also understand that the more challenging the school, the better the benefits and the job you will get after you graduate. You will make friends and have fun wherever you go, trust me. College is college. You do not have to be 2,000 miles away from home to experience it. There is going to be partying and drugs and everything you do not want to think about right now, but you have to decide how you are going to handle it and where you are going to draw the line for yourself. Otherwise you will be overwhelmed and feel pressured. And most of all, do not let this scare you. It is going to be the time of your life - get excited.

The best thing about Augustana College is the variety/diversity of students that it brings in. There are students from about 13 different states and students from about 36 different countries. Yes, you heard me, THIRTY-SIX different countries. Also, since it is a liberal arts school, Augie has many artsy students, but the successful athletic program brings in great athletes too. I have met so many amazing people from such different background and have learned so much about myself as a result.

Anna

First of all, know that everything is going to be okay. This transition will be a difficult one for you as you may not be as ready to leave home as others, but you will eventually be comfortable. I know your goal is to get a 4.0 in college, but change that so that your goal is to do your best. It's okay to get a "B" if you did your best, and getting an "A" in college is not as easy as it was in high school. Most of all, have some fun! Try your best to be open to hanging out with friends while also sticking to your morals. I promise, you are strong enough to not fall into the trap of alcohol and sex. I know it doesn't feel this way, but you have it more figured out than you think, and just remember what grandma always told you: "It'll be fine".

In my opinion, the best part about my school are the study abroad opportunities. Augustana provides programs that allow students to go almost anywhere. I have wanted to go to Ireland for as long as I can remember, and because I go to Augie, I may have the opportunity to spend an entire school year there. I think immersing yourself in a different culture for a fairly long period of time is imortant as it provides a whole new way to look at the world and the people in it.

The worst thing about my school is the price! I realize that I signed up to pay for it, but after actually attending, I have started to realize how much I am actually paying to go here. I think Augie is a great school, but sometimes I wonder if the quality of the experience is worth the amount we are paying.

Jordan

Augustana College offers a very personal education for the Liberal Arts. I chose Augustana over other colleges because the teachers are very personal and are treated as a person and not a number. Also, you receive a Liberal Arts education where I am learning to be a complete human bieng rather than just be trained in one thing. Augustana College also has an ecellent placement rate for jobs and for Graduate school.

If I could go talk to my high school self, I would tell myself a couple of things starting with take more college credits in high school. I now see that taking more classes in high school that would count for college credit would save me a large amount of time and money. I would tell myself is to save my money over the summer. When I didn't need it in the summer, I didn't mind spending freely. However, I now regret many of my purchases and free spending. I would tell myself to save my money, because I will need every penny soon. Last, I would tell myself is to explore, but don't let my studies get away from me. Take classes out of my boundaries and be sure to socialize and discuss things with others ahead of me. Don't be shy, and be sure to ask questions if you have them. But don't allow your studies to take a back seat. Make sure they come first, and don't settle for less than your best. It's not the same as high school, so don't treat it as such.

The best thing about Augustana College is what I listed for why it's unique. Its excellent placement rate for jobs and Graduate school are going to set me up for success in my job search after graduation. It is a widely recognized school and many employers see an education at Augustana College as an enormous advantage.

kiara

I would tell myself to shoot for your dreams. Whatever you want, its yours. I would have went to my school of choice which is Miami Dade right away instead of waiting for so long. But, I believe everything happens for a reason and I am more ready than ever for this interesting and amazing experience!!!

Unlike any of my classmates in Vegas, the ones here actually like people and thoroughly enjoy interaction between people.

College is different than anything you've ever done. It is not like the movies; yes, there are aspects that are very, very similar (the parties are INSANE! You will love them, but don't overindulge), but it isn't like how you think. You've committed to a school that is highly regarded in the midwest. You are highly regarded in your school and your community. You're a role model and know what it takes to excel in school and athletics. If you hear any of this, listen now: Neither give up, nor give in. You'll be culture shocked. You'll be academically tested. You'll doubt your athletic abilities. But behind all of this, good will persevere. You'll feel so alone and begin to believe that coming to this school was the worst thing for you. But believe me, it is actually the best. God knows what he's doing and he's completely in control. As soon as you trust in Him, everything in your unfamiliar and strange life will begin to feel familiar and completely normal. You will finally feel like Emily again, and with that comes happiness.

We have awesome food. The chefs here have created this dish called "The Augie Bowl", but don't be fooled; they serve this delectable meal on a plate. With a grand collaboration of soft mashed potatoes, crispy popcorn chicken, golden corn, and homemade gravy, this feast will sway anybody's decision to choose Augustana for their college experience.

Audrey

Dearest Audrey, I know you better than anyone and love you in a way no one else can. I feel compelled to offer these words of insight. I have been there and done that, as they say. The future is not a place you are heading, but a place you create. You will never magically end up where you want to be or accomplish that list of “Before 30” that you wrote if you don’t plan. Dreams are attained and goals are accomplished by planning, organization, and perseverance. When you head out into the “real world” you must always keep your goals in sight. Fun need not be forfeited, but you must distinguish where your boundaries are immediately and commit to stick within them. Know that there is the daintiest, finest line between enjoying the utter beauty of the present moment and getting caught up and losing yourself in constant immediate gratification. Also young, sweet Audrey, don’t forget about your art. Creating beauty will provide you with a sense of completeness and create a space of retreat when school, love, and life get you down. Love, 30 year old Audrey who is just now returning to school

I would tell myself to buckle down and study, I blew off a lot of classes I had thinking it could be like high school. College is not like high school. Your teachers are there to guide you in the right direction of learning, but you need to tell yourself you need to study and ask questions. Assuming just going to class and taking notes is not going to get you a 4.0 gpa.

Augustana University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.