Sioux Falls, SD

Augustana University

« See more reviews of Augustana University

Rose, pay attention! It is very important to get the most out of your education now! Never mind boys or fear of your future. No one can create your life but You. College will be better than High School, you can determine your own areas of study and the hours you attend classes. You will love college, it's very exciting and great for your self confidence and self-esteem. Go for it!

I would tell myself to buckle down and study, I blew off a lot of classes I had thinking it could be like high school. College is not like high school. Your teachers are there to guide you in the right direction of learning, but you need to tell yourself you need to study and ask questions. Assuming just going to class and taking notes is not going to get you a 4.0 gpa.

In high school, students focus on what is the cool thing to do instead of what fulfills themselves. It is important to remember that there is more to life than high school, a wider culture, larger diversity, more serious life changes, and consistent change. Focus on being yourself and finding who you are so that you may have a firm foundation to build upon in college.

I would tell myself to listen to my mom, she really does know better. I would also tell myself to not be afraid to ask questions and there is no such thing as a stupid question. Most of all I would tell myself to enjoy every moment of college life, because it goes by way to fast and at one moment I will really have to grow up and enter the real world.

I would tell myself to shoot for your dreams. Whatever you want, its yours. I would have went to my school of choice which is Miami Dade right away instead of waiting for so long. But, I believe everything happens for a reason and I am more ready than ever for this interesting and amazing experience!!!

Take your time, it is a long commitment and none of it should be taken lightly. This is an important choice to make. Money is important and shouldn't be overlooked. But don't forget that fitting in is important if you expect yourself or you child to want to make it though these years. Never give up!

I would give myself more confidence. As a high school senior I was scared to truly branch out and be adventurous and now I wish that I had. Also, I would tell myself to make these life decisions based on only what i want and not what others want of me.

don't worry about the cost. if it is the place you want to go, do it. when you find that right college, you just know. and when you do finally get there in the fall, you feel immediately that you made the right decision; it's a great feeling.

I would give myself the advices - to try hard to get high GPA - to prepare myself to be a fast reader - to know many English vocabularies for writing - to prepare my resume for part time job during college life & - to manage time

I will talk about the great responsability that the college need, and to be pacient and do the best. I will give the advice that take all with entusiam and enjoy the road, because the life in the college is very great and unique.