Aurora University Top Questions

The faculty and staff. I am amazed by these professors. They are all so nice and very helpful. They also have a great way of teaching! I also would say there are plenty of activities and clubs to be apart of within the school. I've made several great connections through the school as well.

I tell them how great the campus is and how much fun we have without doing anything that could get one into trouble. I would also say that you can make lots of friends and build relationships with people fast. Plus, they always have something for thestudent body to do.

Devonte

Aurora University is located in the second biggest city in Illinois. This allows for many social events, shopping and new experiences.

I have all the luxaries of being at home. I don't have to drive hundreds of miles to see my family. I am surrounded with new and old friends.

cheryl

The charming neighborhood that surrounds Aurora University.

The best part about this school is the friendly environment.

magen

I love that my school is a small, private university. It feels like a family where a student can interact with their professors and other classmates. I also love that it is close to home, making for an easy commute!

Naomi

I emphasize that Aurora University is a non-profit liberal arts college that is student orientated with faculty and staff that are truly dedicated to the success of their students. I am beyond grateful for the small classroom setting and expertise of my professors. For my friends interested in the field of Social Work I advocate for Aurora University’s School of Social Work which is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. I also make sure to mention that the School of Social Work offers a Masters and Doctoral program.

Keith

When referencing my undergrad institution I typically boast our excellent social work program. Usually, I will also mention our athletic programs who have a history of excellence.

Autumn

When I discuss Aurora University with friends and family I normally brag about the convenience and the encouraging professors and staff members at Aurora University. The Professors truly want to see you succeed. They are with you every step of the way and willing to go above and beyond for their students. They are committed to constantly challenging their students and providing opportunities for adult learners. Aurora University also offers cohorts which has made my continued educational dream a reality. It has allowed me to continue to work fulltime while still being able to get my bachelors.

salvador

I brag about the wonderful nursing program we have!

Luke

I mostly brag about how amazing it is not having to walk a mile to get to class. Aurora University is a smaller campus so everything is right around the corner.

Krista

I love how small it is, and how available the teachers are

Destanie

I brag about how beautiful the campus is and how the school is a private school. I also brag about how small the school is and how wonderful the teachers are.

I brag about the classes and the teachers will to truly make the students learn the material. One saying from my teacher sticks out: "If you cheat on a test, then you are cheating yourself. If you do not know the material, then you are in trouble for your future career because everything in this class is only the basics of what you are going to need to know for your future health profession career". I really think that this was a powerful statement and it stuck with me.

I brag a lot about the people at AU. Not only all the new friends that I've made, but the professors and other staff as well. The professors are really into seeing their students achieve their goals and the small class sizes really do help that. The working staff is also so kind. It's like a big family at school and it really makes me feel welcome.

Denitza

I do not brag.

allison

Even though this will be my first year attending Aurora University I would have to begin bragging about the fact that it is a small school. For those who are looking for a tight knit community of students, individual help from professors and personal learning, this is the place. This helps you to establish a great student-teacher relationship right away and you're not too far from chicago if you ever want to take a trip with friends!

Constance

I love the intimate class sizes! The smaller classes allow the professors to spend time with all of their students and to pace their instruction for the needs of the class. The talented instructors are really interested in the individual students and how well they are progressing through the materials provided.

Joanna

I am proud to be attending Aurora University because of the great reputation the school has in the community as well as the nation. Aurora University employs qualified and dedicated professors. The campus is attractive and effective. I am in Adult Studies at Aurora University and feel the university caters to my needs as an employed adult. I feel valued at Aurora University. I am 43 years old and have wanted to obtain a Bachelors Degree for a very long time. I am the youngest of six and the only one that has yet to receive a bachelor's degree.

The small campus! I love being able to say that when it's freezing cold or raining outside, I can have a short walk and get to class within minutes! It may seem like a minor thing to brag about, but I actually put that into consideration when picking a college. I know I couldn't handle a large campus and long walk for a class! Also, I love the quad - it's a great place to play frizbee or football with friends!

Dale

When I talk about my school to my friends I normally talk about sports because I am a two sport athlete who loves to compete. I also tell them about different teachers like most college students comparing schools.

My favorite thing about Aurora University is the small class sizes and the one on one with the professors. If you need extra help on a subject the professors will go out of their way to help you. Also the activites that are available to us on campus is outstanding. Just about every week there is something that we can participate in and help us relieve the stress from classes. Everyone is welcoming on campus and very helpful with moving in or finding a building on campus for the new students.

I brag most about the other students and the friends that I have met. Whether through good or bad, the students at the university seem to care a lot about each other. Friendships formed become real strong with the individuals and groups of friends are willing to get to know other students. Students in athletics eventually feel like they have a second family with their team and the same goes with students involved in groups/clubs on campus. Everyone is real easy-going and open-minded.

When I talk to my friends about my school, I tell them how nice it is that the campus is small and all right together. I can literally walk to any place on campus from my dorm in less than 5 minutes. The classes are fairly small, usually consisting of about 20 students/class, which allows the professors to really get to know their students and form great student teacher relationships. They are always willing to provide extra help outside of class and even advise students about what they need to do in order to succeed in and afrer school.

When I brag about my school I brag about the size. I love that my school is small and intimate. I feel that it is easy to get around and that you always feel familiar when at school.

Ferrara

That I got ot a school where the teachers really care about there students. I also love that the class sizes are small and that gives us a chance to get individual attention.

Aurora Unicersity is a small school so I constantly get one on one attention from my professors. I am able to get help from any professor and they actually know my name. I am never refered to, or feel like I am a number. There are events that take place regularly so there is always stuff to do around campus. The advising staff is always willing to help. Never have to look too far for help with papers and research.

Since we are a small university, I would say I like that there’s a community feel to the school. The professors genuinely care about their students, they want us to be successful and they just come across at first impression as understanding and down-to-earth people. The enthusiasm and desire to succeed both in and out of the classroom is something the professors, the staff and the coaches all share at Aurora University. They really do look out for the best interests of the student/student-athlete. Plus, our athletic programs just keep getting bigger and better!

I tell them that I have made so many friends. Aurora University is a small campus and people know your name as you walk from class to class. I also like to brag that I participate in so many activities such as the APB and softball programs. I still am able to keep up on my studies, work and hang out with my new friends. I have made such a close bond with some of the people I have met that I wouldn't be surprised if they were at my wedding some day.

Aurora University is an awesome school that offers a great education at an affordable price. The Pre-Med curriculum is intense, and the instructors are excellent here. They really prepare you for your future career, and are a tremendous source of information on how to get on the right path to success. I really love my instructors and they make it so easy to learn that I am looking forward to my classes each day. In addition, the women's soccer program is outstanding here at AU, with many NCAA appearances and NAC conference championships (a 40-2 conference record).

Cassie

I love my teachers and my classes. I even get excited about some of the homework and projects. A lot of what I do has been inspiring me about my future and making me excited for it. There hasn't been a reading assignment that I didn't enjoy or find interesting. I think the size of my school and the size of my classes are great because the teachers really get to know you. The school atmosphere is very calm and peaceful as well.

Tessa

How welcoming and friendly everyone is and also the helpfulness of all the advisors and teachers. Small class size is also very important to me.

The class sizes and professors. They are so dedicated to their students

Kandice

How student-oriented all the teachers are.

The small class sizes. You get to know your classmates and professors very well, and there is a great sense of community.

Since it is so close to home, I save money on room and board and I get to commute.

Yuliana

I always mention that classes are small and teachers really get to know their students needs. Teachers are able to normally help students individually if they need some help with their course material. I really believe that teachers care about their student's progress and my teachers have always helped me when I've needed them. Teachers are able to communicate with their students via email or by phone quickly. Teachers respond as soon as they can, most of the time is within a few hours not days. I really like the relationship between students and teachers.

verena

Small classes, availability of teachers, and student focused