Aurora University Top Questions

Danielle

My education at AU has been incredible thus far. The professors, class sizes and small campus fits every niche I need to have a successful education. One thing that must be modified for not just myself, but for all AU students and faculty... is... THE PARKING!!! It is so easy to lose twenty minutes of time trying to find a parking spot on campus and usually end up having to park in neighborhoods across and on the sides of the streets. Yes, we are a private University, however, many of us are commuters and do not live on campus or near campus. This can certainly cause many problems such as safety, missing time out of class to park, and even an increased amount of accidents on and near campus due to the cluster.

Mario

The small feel of the school is the worst thing about it. The size, to some, may seem bad enough, but the campus and overall feel is very small and crowded. Many students, myself included, feel surrounded by the fellow students. Most college students go to college seeking and expexting not to see the same people everyday, andnot knowing weather there is a new student or not, which are both things that do occur at Aurora University.

Kaylyn

A downfall of Aurora University is the lack of communication between advisors and students because, in order to be successful one must know what needs to be done and when, but without communication, this cannot be done.

Rebecca

The worst thing about my school is the dining options. The food we have is not very nutritious, and the good food we have is very limited. If we wanted fresh food, we have to get is seprate from the meal plan. Also, there are only two places where a dining option is available, the other option is just a cart, which is part of the commuter plan, so if the school is closed, residents cannot get it.

Heather

It is not a big issue but I would have to say the worst thing about my school is because it is a private school and is small there is less options of classes. For example a pre calc class will only have two sections to take the class. It’s hard to find a schedule that really works.

The worst thing about my school, Aurora University, is that we, the students, have no entertainment. There is nothing fun for us to do on campus! As a D3 school, our athletic events are not very exciting. There are no chain restaurants on or even within walking distance of campus, and we cannot expand due to our location. We need to find ways to bring our extremely bored students entertainment! We never host cool concerts, have exciting trips, or anything of that nature. I feel that we are missing out on the "fun" of a college experience.

Spencer

The worst thing about my school is that all the kids just want to go out and not focus on their studies.

Nick

Boise state isn't a hard school to get into. The freshmen classes are filled with people who went to college becuase their parents made them.

Alicia

The parking

Nicholas

I think the worst thing about my school is its inability to address real problems efficiently. There have been many instances involving the corrupt and inappropriate actions, that should result in the termination of certain campus officers, that have been brought to administrative attention repeatedly and have been ignored or pushed aside. The blatant disregard for students safety displayed by officers should be addressed and not thrown aside as though it were something to be ignored. Safety should be the number one concern of any school.

cheryl

Well, I would have to say the cost of an education.l I am married and trying to educate my three boys as well as myself. It is very difficult in this economy. I work full time as a Nurse and go to school to complete my BSN in Nursing. My oldest will beginning college this Fall and I am torn because I need to finish my degree and money is a challege at this time.

Julia

The Spring semester will be my first semester at this school, so I cannot answer yet.

liliya

This is my second semester in Aurora University and I love it.

Angelica

I condider the water that is in our dorm buildings the worst aspect of our school. The water should not smell like rotten eggs. I do not drink from the water fountains for the same reason. My advice to future college students is that they need to be prepared to buy bottled water. With all the stress of homework and final exams, trust me you will need it.

The worst part of Aurora University is the financial aid office. The people that work there are rude.

Kathryn

The worst thing I consider at my school would be the academic advisory that we have there. Most of the time I feel like I haven't recieved any help and that I'm stuck doing everything on my own. When I do go for help, I get accused of doing everything wrong. My advisors sometimes make me feel less confident about myself and my future however I keep my head up and keep pushing.

Valerie

There are very few bad things about my college but if I had to choose one, it would be the noise that can occur in the computer labs while trying to study. Sometimes, students are very inconsiderate and will play music and converse loudly.

Denitza

The size. It is too small.

Morgan

Living on-campus is very expensive and the quality of the dorms is not very nice. The wireless internet does not work very often in the dorm buildings and there have been issues with the heat, bathrooms, etc.

Alyssa

Definitely the faculty in financial aid and advising. They are so preoccupied with their own lives that they really don't take the time to listen or understand you. When I asked my advisor about my options since I had to start a new full-time Monday-Friday job, she told me I had to research everything myself. She offered me less than minimal help.

Autumn

You can't register for education classes unless you have been excepted into the education program. That you have to pass a basic skills test to be allowed into the education program.

Paige

Aurora University does not have many food options on campus.

Stacey

Aurora University only offers certain classes once a year or some classes only once every two years, so for a transfer student this can be diffucult to schedule your classes. If the student does not make sure they are on the correct four year academic plan one class can keep you from graduating on time. You have to stay on top of your advisors and the four year plan they provide for you.

Gwendolyn

I think the worst thing at AU would have to be our internet at our school. It is very slow and sometimes almost always never works.

Casey

This school is small and I have had many conversations with people who don't like how small this school is. I love this school because of it's size, but it is definitely an issue for other students. Also, this campus is a dry campus and so students who want to party go off campus where they get into trouble with either strangers in neighborhoods that are way outside of campus or the police take extreme measures in controlling the off campus students. I think a wet campus would sovle these issues with drinking.

Yanni

Considering how well put together the Aurora institution is, to say the worst part of it could still be considered as a good aspect. They provide plenty of assistance through faculty and staff and love to help out. If i had to choose the worst part of this institution I would have to say it is the distance in which you have to travel in order to get to certain stores and markets. The shopping can become a hassle if you dont have any form of transportation, a car in particular.

Stefanie

I wouldn't necessarily say there is anything bad about my school, though some teachers have teaching methods that can be confusing at times.

Upon atttending Aurora University I wish I would have recieved more guidance when it came to the financial aid process. The school itself did not help me with the process and I was extremely lost and upset with my financial sitiuation. Once the school knew I was atttending and recieved my deposit I was all alone from there, they did not seem to care in the student account office about my situation and unfourtantetly did nothing to help.

Yesenia

I cannot think of anything that I hate here. Most classes are interesting as are the professors that teach them. The one thing I do not appreciate are the workers in the spot. They seem rude and grumpy sometimes but I have not been there in a while and they may have been replaced.

The worst thing about my school is the teachers who play favorites. They tend to give passing grades out to the students they like even though there are other students who did just as good or better than those students.

Jacqueline

I can't think of anything that is bad about Aurora University except for the cost. It's a little high. Other then that I love attending classes at Aurora University. I love my instructors and the students I have met.

Natalie

The worst thing about Aurora University is the lack of school spirit at the football games and the size of the pep band!

Jeffery

The worst thing about my school is the cost. The cost to attend Aurora is around 27 thousand dollars which is a lot of money. To make things worse, the state of Illinois cut back on 5 percent of the Illinois MAP Grant which many students including myself depend on to pay for our education.

Anais

The worst thing about the school is parking. The school is in the midst of a neighborhood and there are houses that do not allow parking in front of their residence.

Marquie

The only complaint I would make about Aurora Univeristy is the amount of general educations courses required. For those students who already have a major in mind or know the general direction they would like to go in, the general education courses can seem a pain to take because it takes away time for classes in the field they'd like. However, Aurora is truly dedicated to making its students well-rounded and confident in their major. They encourage those general education courses because they believe it will open students minds to fields they may not have considered before.

Kayla

The only bad thing I would have to say about Aurora University is the parking. There is not enough parking on campus, and parking around the school can be very time consuming on trying to find a spot close to campus.

Brissa

The worst thing about my school is walking to each building. Sometimes I have classes in all different buildings. It is worst in the winter.

The worst thing about my school is probably the meals. They only offer meal plans that are terribly expensive, about $2200 per semester. All the meal plans they offer have way too many meals. I always have at least 50 meals left over when the semester ends and I feel like that is such a waste of money. On the weekends, it is hard to eat meals on campus because they only offer them at specific times for a short period. The food offered is repetitive and gets old. I wish they offered healthier food for students.

Christopher

The least attractive attribute about my university is that there are not many chances to unify with your peers. Whe students are able to unify together for a commen goal than it forms school spirit or pride. There are not alot of occasions on campus where students can form together and develop school spirit, thus magnafying the college experience for all in attendence.

Zaida

I am not crazy about the parking situation. It is usually difficult to find parking especially if you are only taking one class and don't want to pay $25 for the parking pass.

Megghun

The one thing I find the worst is the availiabilty to get into a class. Because this is a small school in nature, the class sizes are small and so the availiability is small. The other thing that is bad is the price one has to pay to be able to attend the school.

The worst thing about Aurora University would be the fact that it is a small University and that leaves little opporunity to make friends because, in the beginning of freshman year all friend cliques are made. If an individual does not find a clique to fit in with than trying to make friends will be quite difficult for that individual (s). Another thing about Aurora University is that they are a writing intensive university and I do not feel that they prepare their students in their general educational classes to be perpared to tackle such expectations.

Rich

The worst thing about my school is the physical location of the university. The university was built in the 1890's and since then; a residential neighborhood was built around it. This has resulted in the school being landlocked and leaves little opportunity for expansion and growth. This has resulted in limited parking, some on-campus housing issues and athletic facility complaints. This landlocked issue also raises complaints from the city because students do have to park off campus sometimes and the school buys homes in the immediate area to aid expansion efforts, which upsets some of the community.

Chelsea

The worst thing about the school is lack of activities for students living in the dorms. There are not hardly any activities to get to know the people living on the same floor, which would help new students meet new friends.

Anna

The worst thing, in my opinion, would be that we're limited in on-campus athletic facilities, at least in the track and field area. Granted we are a Division three school and a small campus as well.

The worst thing I would consider about my school is the staff at the offices. They just always seem to be mean, and inconsiderate. They always seem to be giving me bad attitude, and it always makes me feel bad. I love my school, and I know it would just be perfect if the people who worked in the offices could be just a little nicer. When I need help I tend to seek the help of upper class men, not them anymore

Kanwal

The worst thing about the school is that there is not much extra curricular activities for the student so we can invovle and spend out free time.

Susan

The food.

Adam

I think the worst thing about Aurora University is the university's lack of assistantship opportunities for graduate school programs. Aurora University (AU) is a private university that can be quite expensive without financial assistance. I think that if AU offered more assistantship programs there would be higher participation and enrollment in graduate school programs and students would work harder to attain assistant positions.

The worst thing is that Aurora is very small and this is the worst thing because you see the same people all the time and it is difficult to meet new people.