Aurora University Top Questions

I honestly do not believe specific type of people should not attened this school. There is plenty of opportunity and resources for all types of people since the school is based on it's mission to stand as an inclusive community.

Andrew

Aurora University would not be the right fit for someone who is solely focused on academics, a future career, or is not interested in service. The University is well known for preparing people in helping/service professions and emphasizes servant-leadership in business. The students who are most engaged at AU want to improve the world for others in whatever their profession. Someone without that spirit would have a different mindset from most students and their professors.

Hallie

Aurora University has high standards in their education. A lazy person would not do well and fall behind very quickly in their classes. Most professors here are willing to go beyond their job description to ensure the students are getting the knowledge and skills they need to be successful and move forward. It is a shame when a student does not take advantage of the opportunity and puts little or no efort into their work, or does not show up to their scheduled classes.

kelly

People who are not serious about their education should not go to this school since classes can be hard and are meant to make students think and learn as much as they can. Students who want to party all the time will not like it here since it is a dry campus and that type of behavior can get you expelled. People who are expecting for a lot of different places to go and things to do outside of school will get bored here since Aurora does not has only a few places to go that students will enjoy.

shaquita

The kind of person that should not attend this school would be students who do not plan on doing any work and is a constant distraction to their peers, administrators,and professors.

Marisela

People who don't like the feel of a small community and those who don't like the idea of having the school campus surrounded by family homes, families, and elementary schools.

Allison

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who is not willing to work hard.

Carolina

The kind of person that should not attend this school is someone who does not take their education seriously.

Vanessa

People who expect to constantly party or who are looking to slack off in all classes should not attend. It is not a huge party school, and education is taken very seriously. It is important to not put your money to waste since you are paying a lot to attend.

Brenda

I believe every kind of person can find what they are looking for Aurora University. If you are looking for a place to get an education while making friends and being involved, then AU is the place to go. The small-school-vibe is helpful in aiding to make a close-knit community. There is something for everyone there, honestly. The classes and professors are great and really help you become more educated and knowledgeable. Anyone is welcomed at Aurora University.

Maribel

A person looking for a party school or a person looking for a big school. This school is very small where everyone knows everyone. It reminds me of my highschool except with dorms.

Cynthia

I wouldn't recommend students who are looking for a bif party school to attend Aurora University. Aurora University has some fraternities and sororities, but not as big as other schools do. Aurora University is also a dry campus. Although AU isn't really a big social life school, they are very open for students to start organizations on campus.

Jenna

While Aurora has a great purpose "Find what matters and live your life around it," someone who prefers diversity and many options to be involved, should not attend this school.

salvador

Somebody who is looking to party, this school is mainly for individuals focused on higher education only.

[[GWC Campus] People shouldn't attend this school if they want the whole party scene or if they like the city too much the transition can be very difficult.

Molly

A person that is a partier or a person that is not willing to do the work to keep their grades up should not attend Aurora University. A person who is not outgoing should not attend here. Also a person that is not willing to go out of their way to get noticed should not attend here. A person that does not like small schools should also not attend Aurora University.

Morgan

A person who wants to attend a big university or a party school should not attend Aurora University.

Amy

Those who want to go to school in a big-city atmosphere with thousands of peers should stay away from Aurora University. Students who prefer aloof professors who don't know you by your first name also shouldn't come to AU. Anyone looking for a university experience with frat parties every weekend and a very sports-oriented atmosphere should consider a different university.

Evelyn

Any person interested who is looking for smaller class sizes should attend Aurora University. The faculty at AU is dedicated to making those who attend this school feel like they are getting the best education possible. There is lots of hands on training through internships. In addition, those who attend Aurora University will feel like they have another family because you truly get to know your classmates and build rapport with the professor.

Makenzie

Someone who wants a large school. should not go here. It definetly feels like a community and like a home not a school. My school is small and has a select few majors but the majors we do have are some of the best in the state. I am here for Athletic Training and it has so many connections and such an amazing program.

Tevin

People who tend not to do any work at all. Also anyone that doesnt have good social skills.

Anastasia

If none of the majors/minors peek their intrest

Emiliano

People who are looking for a party school should not attend Aurora University. Drinking is not allowed on campus and there are not many parties thrown around the campus either. Also, people who are looking for a huge school with a lot to do should not come to Aurora University. While Aurora's planning board does come up with some great activities for students to attend, there are not always things to do around campus.

Andrea

Aurora University is a very small school, and therefore those who perfer large universities should not attend AU. There are only a few small buildings and the campus does not provide everything that large universities would.

Lena

People who are not focused on their studies and participating actively in class should not attend this school. Every one of my classes so far are discussion based and require active participation in order to really understand the concepts being taught. Attending classes, doing the work, and actively participating in class are very important at this school.

Gwendolyn

A person that is expecting to succeed with a degree while living an unbalanced college experience of partying over academics should not attend this school.

Madison

Someone who dislikes small towns and farms. Or someone who expects and enjoys large classrooms and campus.

Nathan

The type of person that should not attend Aurora University, is a person who prefers larger class sizes and more students. A student that should not attend Aurora, is a student looking for a bigger class size and larger student body. They would also not want to have personal contact with teachers and get to know them on a first name basis. This student might also be looking to get lost in the crowd. The student might also be looking for a more active party life.

Jasen

I feel that Aurora University is a great place for all students looking to learn. From my experience Aurora University is a very welcoming atmosphere with teachers who care. I could not make a recommendation for any particular segment to stay away. I feel that there is something for everyone at Aurora University.

Vanessa

I do not think there is such a person. Aurora University is well accepting of people. The only people I would be able to think of would be people who do not want to be successful in their life. People who do not want to go further with their education. Or even, those who do not want to be in school but even then, I believe their minds can be changed when they find something to look forward to and at Aurora University a person can find it there.

Cassandra

An individual looking for a big party school or someone who plans on skipping class should not choose Aurora University. Someone who wants to be involved around campus and would enjoy small class sizes should go to AU.

I wouldn't say there is a certain type of person who should not attend Aurora University because there is so much to offer. If you prefer a large campus then I would not sugguest attending Aurora, but this is a plus for me because the campus allows close relationships to form in and outside of the classroom. There are a lot of clubs, sport teams, and extra curriculars available to students. So, I would not say there is not a specific type of person who should not attend because there is so much offered at Aurora University.

Erica

someone who is looking to go to a big school with lots of people. Aurora University is very small and in a homey community. There isn't a big city near by.

Paula

If one cannot be serious about academics, one should not attend Aurora University. One must be driven, active, and persistent. Our school cries out for the diverse individuals that attend our university with set goals.

Alissa

Aurora is not ideal for a student who is more interested in partying than in getting a solid education. First and foremost, as a dry campus, alcohol is not permitted on AU grounds. Aurora is not a party school, not only because it is a dry campus, but also because it is simply a very small school with students who are focused on their education. The students at AU are dedicated to their work. If a student wants to go to college simply for the party experience, Aurora University is not the place to go.

A person shouldn't attend this school if they are looking to drink and/or party a lot. They also should not be looking for a large campus with large-sized classrooms. Students should also look for a different school to attend if they want to focus more on the arts, such as: painting, writing, photography, music, movies, and all areas affiliated with those categories. Students who expect they can not go to class and still pass that class should also consider a different school. Also, students who expect to be/stay involved in band should search for another school.

Mary

Someone that is not willing to do busy work and will not take their education seriously.

Jordan

A person who is looking to party every night and likes hiding in the back of the classroom. Our class sizes are no bigger than 30 people. Although, Students of Aurora University do have parties, if you are the kind of student who would rather party that study, Aurora University is not the best choice for you. Students do go out and party and have fun, but it is not likely to happen every night when a student is trying to keep up with their studies and class work.

Deb

The best thing about Aurora University is its adult degree completion program. It is an ideal program for me. It offers accelerated classes in the evenings. Although the work load is heavy, it?s well worth it because I am still able to complete the same amount of credits in a semester as traditional students. The professors are experts in their fields and make the classes fun and interesting. It has been a great experience so far.

Ana

I think AU is good for anyone. i cannot think of a reason why anyone should not attend there. It will be good for any type of person where ever they are from.

Mary

someone who does not take their future seriously. This is a place for learning in and out of the classroom. It is a place to grow and become a successful individual.

Dustin

I think Aurora University ihas much to offer to any student it is the perfect size you have a more personal connection with your professors and faculty, that is what I like about it . Aurora has been a perfect fit for me and the degree i wish to achieve.

ungreatful students

Jenna

If you are the type of person who is attending college to honestly get an education rather then party all the time, Aurora University is the place for you. Most all of the students think on a deeper level, and strive to accomplish great things in college. If you would like to attend this school you need to be a hard working student. The class work load is not extremely heavy, however professors at this school take the work very seriously and grade with a heavy hand, they want you to succeed but they are tough.

Allison

A person who does not want to work hard and socialize at the same time. Someone who does not like small classes and small campus's should not attend Aurora University as well.

Vanessa

Students who don't put forth effort in learning about themselves as well as new material.

Kristen

I would have to say that anyone who is looking for a big party school or just that larger school environment should not attend Aurora University. AU is a small school, that yes, just like any school has parties but nothing like people would see if they go to a larger state school. The most reasons I hear from people who transfer schools is because they wanted a larger school experience.