Aurora University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Aurora University

I went to Aurora University my freshman year and loved it! The teachers were very accommodating and always willing to work one on one with anything. It was not hard to find a tutor or get extra help on ANY subject! The campus is a great environment to be in, it make you feel like your back at home.

Aimee

Overall, Aurora University is a fantastic place to receive an education. The campus is small, and class sizes are intimate, so you feel well connected to other students and professors. Most university buildings have been renovated, providing a modern environment, and the campus is expanding with new renovations and new buildings. Technology is also great on campus, being able to plug-in is a must for any college student, and there is no shortage at Aurora. Attending Aurora University was a no-brainer!

Gabriela

Aurora University is a good school but I feel like they need to make the on campus stay more fun and lively. The teachers and courses are great. Another thing I would say needs improvement is the on campus food, it’s not very good and multiple students have found weird things in them.

Gillion

This was honestly my second choice because I am an active string player (cello) and they did not have a string program until this year where myself and three others created the program and now we are the founding members of the Aurora University Chamber Strings Program. I chose this school because Knox College was 50,000 dollars and AU was only 32,000 a year but they say that price until they look at you GPA and ACT/SAT then they put academic scholarships on it so it would be lower. You can double major/minor (I'm a double major with a minor) and this nice thing that sold it to me was that they had the Museum Studies minor (which they are trying to make a major) in which a lot of schools do not have that major let alone minor.

mayra

I am currently a freshman. I have chosen this university​ because of its good size class. It is more focused when students are in smaller class size. There is more interaction with students and the teacher. The parking is something that the university could probably work on. The staff there is very helpful.

Jordan

I like the small campus and everybody is pretty friendly. There is always someone to sit with at lunch. If I have any issues they work hard and quickly to fix the problem. Faculty members are very nice and helpful. They work really well with students who have transferred from community college or other schools.

Laura

Overall, I think it's a good college. The class size is a bit large at first but when you really dive into your major, it gets smaller. AU offers many majors, which is a good thing. It could be cheaper though but oh well, it's a private school. It's full of people from amazing backgrounds.

Marissa

I love it here, don't know where else I would have gone to college! The community on campus is very friendly and vibrant, we have many activities on the quad. Class size is good especially for the teacher to student ratio. Almost all professors are reachable at all times, and are very helpful.

Rodney

I believe that Aurora university is an overall fun, safe, and friendly university. The average class room size is about 30:1 which allows the students to become more comfortable with the professors. In addition, the professor KNOW their material, and do their best to make it clear to the student of what is expected out of them.

Patria

Out of all the schools I have attended Aurora University is one of my favorites! The teachers are a resource if you need help. They are understanding and have empathy for what you are going through. The campus is beautiful. There is so much you could do. There are many activities and organizations to be part of. The food is good and is always available. The school provides a setting where anyone can succeed in their education!

Connor

Aurora University is blessed with an amazing history department and a quite capable art department; I am also aware that the other departments too have professors who are experts in their field beyond compare. There are plenty of free activities both on and off campus, often with transportation provided. Campus is well-maintained and beautiful, but could use more flowers.

Cassandra

The good thing about Aurora University is the available grants and loans. I am paying the same amount as a community college. The downfall I believe would be the disadvantage. We are paying the teachers to teach us, not to teach ourselves. It is college, I expect to think critically in every class but some professors just seem lazy.

Alyssa

A great school overall, very friendly and supportive community. The professors are very accessible to reach. The class sizes are small, and that makes it easier for the professors to communicate with the students one-on-one. The food and beverage locations are small and various, leaving students with a variety of great items to choose from.

Melissa

Aurora University is okay, I'm not really into a small school. The food is alright but they mostly don't have a healthy menu. I wish Aurora University had a better band. Not many students care to be involved. Teachers are always there to help you and adults to help you guide you.

Mikaela

Aurora University's campus is very small and beautiful. Aurora is like a tight-knit community because of how small the university is. The people are very nice, the professors are great, the faculty is sweet, and the sports coaches are nice. Education wise, I don't really know if I can speak on this but when I visited, I sat in on a Typography & Graphic Design class but I didn't get to see it in full motion. I was there the week before finals, meaning all they were doing was open work time. I didn't really get the full experience but their computer lab was nice. I had a very nice one on one talk with the admissions counselor, a student tour guide, and a professor. They are all very knowledgable and knew how to make you feel at home and that Aurora would be a great choice for you.

Lucas

I am happy with Aurora University. I mainly came here for the sports. Even though this place is division 3 i get to train with an Olympian. The academics is not bad here. There are a lot of passionate teachers ready to learn. there is a lot to be learned form this school.

I think it is a great school if you're someone looking for a small class size, close relationships with professors, and great friends! All of my professors so far have been amazing, I have developed close relationships with them which is necessary if you want those good referral letters!

Allina

I chose Aurora University for a couple reasons, but stayed for a plethora of them. I graduated high school early with no intention of attending college until I knew 100% what my major would be. Within the 2 1/2 years between graduating high school and beginning college, I realized that a lot of my friends attended Aurora University. I would spend most of my free time with my best friend who lived near campus and would even spend our days off riding our bikes to campus and exploring. This sounds cliche, but the atmosphere just seemed 'right.' Finally, I decided that I wanted to become an elementary school teacher. Aside from the time that I spent on campus, I had also heard wondrous things about the education program at Aurora University so this decision seemed like a no-brainer. My mother also attended Aurora University for elementary education and loved it. Unfortunately, she never finished school, so this also felt like a love letter to her. I find a new reason every day as to why I chose AU, and why I have stayed here. Throughout my time at Aurora University I have made some of my absolute best friends, learned more than I could have imagined from the professors, and had so many amazing experiences. Most importantly, I have found my purpose at Aurora University and have since encouraged many, including my younger brother, to attend college here.

Maria

Overall, Aurora University is an excellent private institution. With plenty of one on one time with the professors. Getting around is not difficult or a hassle. The parking could be better, but they do try their hardest to make every day enjoyable for everyone.

Devin

It's a very good school for someone who doesn't have a lot of ambition and desires that high school environment. Professors are very laid back but baby the students(which they have the ability to do so because of the small class sizes). The course load is not hard at all, I believe anybody can pursue a degree here and be successful with minimal focus.

Stacy

Choosing to attend Aurora University is the best decision I have ever made. It is because of AU that I have lived their motto to, "discover what matters and build your life around it." Before I got here, I was lost. I had no idea what my future held, but now, I am sure. It took one appointment in the career services office to clear my path and find what I am passionate about. Usually college students are excited to graduate and be done with school, but all I want is to be here forever.

Danielle

I visited the campus only once and fell in love and knew this would be the place for me to further my volleyball and academic career. Aurora has a great nursing program that i am so excited to be in. They have very nice simulation rooms that put you in a real hospital setting. Overall Aurora university is a great place to go.

Hailey

Overall this is a decent school if you live in this area, but I do not see the reason other than scholarships for people to come here from out of state. The campus is somewhat right smack-dab in the middle of a neighborhood so the campus is small in itself and so is campus life.

Nick

It's a good place to learn. The professors all seem to have lots of experience in their field so they do a good job of preparing us for life after college. They are all very knowledgeable about their field and so they can answer any questions that we might have.

Karina

I live very close to Aurora University, about 15 away by car. I chose this school because it small and very academically inclined. My classes are often no bigger than 15-20 people and I, personally, love that fact. My professors are always encouraging me to visit during office hours and I always feel like they’re willing to talk to me and help me succeed. I am a History Major and I think that my department is so well staffed for my future career goals. The professors are extremely knowledgeable, not only in their field, but in ways to join clubs, honor societies, or internships that will help further career and lengthen your resume. I am very happy with my undergraduate school of choice and am excited to see how it benefits my future.

Dulce

I had a difficult time just because my program closed in the middle of my 2nd semester there. I was just not a fan of how the situation was handled at the beginning of that process. once we all got together to request a meeting with the university's president and the board of education i felt a lot better to know that we had the option of getting taught out. They really did pick good adjuncts it was just difficult to meet with them outside of class time.

Lizette

It seems like a great school, everyone is pretty friendly and helpful. The campus is nice and they have many places nearby, they don't have enough parking but the rest of the school is great. The staff seems pretty helpful and really nice which makes you feel very welcoming.

Adriana

During every single visit I have ever had, I always felt safe and welcomed by everyone. I always see smiling faces, people hanging out in the quad, tossing a ball around. The new sports complex is my favorite edition to the school, and as a future spartan athlete, I cannot express my excitement to play on the new field with my new teammates. I love the school and everything it had to offer, and I cannot wait for my freshman year to begin!

This is my second year at this university and so far I have had a great experience. My teachers have been great and my adviser is always available for me to ask questions. What I really like is they allow you to register for classes early, so I was able to register for my last year and a half of school on Monday.

Stasi

I love it so much. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help. The professors are very knowledgeable about their topics and they are very helpful. The other staff is also extremely fantastic. They never push aside a student and always make us feel like a priority.