Austin, TX
Austin Community College District

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Austin Community College District

Kasey

Austin Community College is a perfect representation of Austin itself in its diversity, including students of all races, ages, genders and sexualities.

Never put anything off! If you organize your time better, not only will you complete all your assignments ahead of schedule, you'll find you have much more time to focus on your hobbies and having fun. You won't have to feel guilty about hanging out with your friends or watching tv, and you won't let stress build up until the last possible moment. Just put away all your distractions and focus on what's important, and you'll be much happier in the end.

The only people who shouldn't attend ACC are those unwilling to learn and grow even in an environment that provides all the tools necessary for anyone to succeed if they try.

sarah

Change and transitions have never come easily to me. In fact when any semblance of change would arise I would fight it tooth and nail trying to keep my life exactly the same. Change has always left a foul taste in my mouth, mostly due to the fact that most often times change did not bring about better circumestances. If I could go back to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that although transitions can be frightening sometimes one just has to take a leap of faith and hope for the best. My first year of college had no shortage of bad experiences but it also had a multitude of good ones. It is the good memories that one needs to focus on. College is definitely different than high school but that does not mean that it won't be amazing. Just have faith.

ACC should be attended by those are are not necessarily able to afford a 4 year university. Also someone who is sort of a'home body' and doesn't want to be far from home and the responsibilities present would do well at a community college. Also, students who want to get their core classes out of the way as cheaply and easily as possible would do benefit form attending ACC before transferring to a 4-year university.

Someone who wants a fresh start and the whole so called 'college experience' probably shouldn't attend ACC. ACC is meant for those who are still discerning their future major/career, those who are not ready to be a way from and those who can not afford a 4 year university.

College isn't as scary as people make it out to be. Yes some people may not be as friendly as others, but it doesn't mean they're "out to get you." Tests do require a little more studying than in high school, and papers are a little tough. Studying for the SAT and doing well on it, will help you when registering for certain classes in college. Keep your math and science notebooks, it definitely helps a lot. Make sure not to fall asleep in Anatomy class after practice, even though the lectures may be "boring", the papers and notes will help you in Anatomy in college. Last but not least, don't let your "high school sweet heart" stop you from going to college. If anyone tries holding you back from being what you dream to be, they're not meant to be in your life. You'll be a great paramedic. Believe in yourself and never stop trying, because that's all that matters.

Anyone should come to Austin Community College if they'd like. The campus I attend is very diverse, whether it's religion, race, or anything else. It's very easy to meet and become friends with new people. Some of the classmates I have become friends with, I would have never thought we'd be friends. If someone is serious about getting their degree in a subject they're interested, then by all means, they can register.

When asked about my classes, I say how conveniently small the class is. I always like to tell students who are interested in coming to my school, that it is very easy to get around the campus, as well as meet new friends.

A great college, that has flexible school hours.

A great college, that has flexible school hours.

If i could go back in time, i would tell myself to finish school. So many of my friends that i graduated with are done with their degrees even their masters degrees and have their dream job. I wish i wouldnt have waited so long to go back to school. Now that I have i am more determined than ever to finish and get my degree in education.

People that are trying to get their associates degree, or who are wanting to transfer to a 4 year school. This is a good school for people that have full time or part time jobs.

Tygue

My classmates are average, hardworking men and women that are trying to further their lives and making them better by attending an accredited college.

I would tell myself that you must establish good study habbits and learn very good time management skills. I would also tell them that college really isn't about partying and that it is a lot of work. Going to class, working full time and studying is a lot of work. No matter what your friends in highschool tell you about how easy it will be they are wrong. If you are out partying all the time you wont have time to study and in return you will get poor results in the classroom which is where it matters.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lacking of classes that are required for my major, but also the lack of guidence given by the advisors.

mark

I would tell myself is the most important thing to do in highschol is to have respect for your time in highschool. Looking back I was always under the assumption that I could always finish everything tomorrow. I would also say take advantage of you teachers knowledge ask questions about your future. what to expect in the working world ,what is your talents are and how to excel in them . Also find out what courses you didn't do well in throughout your highschool years and try to buckle down and focus on those subjets. Enjoy the moments you have with your fellow students because in some aspects this will be the last time you may see them again. I would encourage myself to take a summer course in college math before starting my first year in college. or any other course that I needed to comprehend better before starting college. Since I went away to college I would began to organize my priorities in accordance with my studies. I would set up a strict schedule and stick to it as it pertains to my studying time. I would also make sure to be participate in class room discussions

Shaina

The campuses are nice and the professors seem to be very interested in the subject that they teach while providing an excellent education.

I would tell myself to choose nursing as my major because many years will be wasted taking unnecessary classes due to constantly changing my major. I would tell myself to start off at Austin Community College to get all the core requirements out of the way because all colleges and universities have similar core requirements and it will be significantly cheaper than completing them at a university. Also, start applying for as many scholarships as possible and look into grants. Student loans start adding up and it will not take long before you are neck deep in student debt. Take part in more volunteer activities because it will better increase your chances of receiving scholarships and being accepted into the university you wish to transfer too. Do not get behind on reading and studying for your classes because it makes life more stressful than it needs to be. If possible, get ahead on reading and review your notes every day to keep the information fresh in your head. Remember to stay positive and focus on the day when all of your work finally pays off and you finally receive your BS in Nursing!!!

Any person who wants to complete all of their core classes while getting a great education at a low cost.

Try to plan ahead because theres no harm, especially with scholarships.

Try to plan ahead because theres no harm, especially with scholarships.

Thw amount of money for the education you recieve is amazing!

People who want to save money at school!

Courtney

I love my classes, and the teachers I have are great and very helpful.

I love my classes, and the teachers I have are great and very helpful.

Use highschool to learn to study, it's not easy to learn when you have 5 or 6 asignments piled up. Always work hard and keep your head up! Yourself is who matters, Yourself is who will make a life for you.

lawrence

My classmates are one of two differences: they are either serious about school looking to graduate with two year degree or tranfer to a traditional four year college; or they are looking to pass time and attending classes at school just gives them something to do.

If i were able to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school student, i would tell me to take more time to study, take part in more activities in school, be more into school. College is much diiferent from high school much more than i knew. I would get me to condition myself with better study habits making the transition from high school to college less difficult.

I think people who aren't to sure of the career path they want to take in life. Some students already know what they want to do wih their life and what they want to be when they grow up. But for who dont know and are looking to find themselves, community college is a great alternative with a smaller price tag.

Austin Community College District administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.