Austin, TX
Austin Community College District

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Austin Community College District

Miguel

They try their hardest to really educate you.

They try their hardest to really educate you.

As a highschool student my life always revolved around friends, sports, and fun. Most of my worries came from being able to just get up to that 70% average grade, that way I would be eligible to play soccer. Throughout highschool I was never really into school and never really cared much about academics. My parents were pretty much happy with the fact that I passed my classes, as long as I graduated, that was fine with them. Towards the end of my junior year in highschool I finally started to open my eyes and realize that their was a life after highschool, something needed to be done. So starting my senior year I decided to give up soccer and NJROTC, in order to focus more on my academics. Although my coach really hated me for this I knew it was the right decision, it had to be done. So I took on a couple of AP classes and started thinking about taking SATS and worrying about college. I wish I wouldo've tried harder in highschool, if I could go back, Id tell myself to, "focus in school, worry about my future, prepare myself, it only gets harder."

The best thing abut my school is that the classes are smaller than a traditional college. The classes are not as expensive as a four year college would be. And it is very affordable. The instructors understand that textbooks are really expensive and take that into consideration.

Jeremy

Austin Community College is very non exclusive in their acceptance and this helps ppl get in easier.

Dont stray into the workforce. Grab your education while your young and finish strong. This will magnify your oppurtunities in the world and take you where you wanted to go the whole time. Procrastination only makes life want to teach you, in life's own little crazy way, that education is important and needs to be attended to first!

Austin Community College is a very attractive beginning for someone out of the education chain for almsot 10 years. However I have already noticed the one thing I would want changed about this particular South Austin Campus. The enrollment team and guidance counselers give off the attitude that they could care less if you enroll in their school and offer the barest of minimum of assistance while going through the enrollmen process. It seems as if their attitude should reflect more of the attitude expressed in the mission statement of the school.

Aaron

My classmates are the shinning representation of everything I think I'm not yet am so familiar with, we are all of the same species, but our minds are in different worlds.

?I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger?, is a lyric we can all empathize with. However, while the idea of time travel seems glamorous and sexy, the human condition still applies. I could tell high school Aaron that the world doesn?t owe him a single thing and there is no need to impress anyone, ever. Would he listen though? That?s the question. As if the song ?Ooh La La? by The Faces was the testament to regret, which is ultimately the reason anyone would want to go to the past in the first place. Regreting our experiences of growing up and occasionally failing. Is that something we all desperately want to throw away so badly? Pain, suffering and mistakes are crucial to growth There would be no counteracting moments of joy and pride if we didn?t feel like a worthless sack of pity sometimes. Those sometimes are just as special and priceless as the highest highs a person can reach within themself. Therefore, if I was able to talk to the old me, I wouldn?t say a damn thing.

The most agitating thing about my college would have to be the diversified yet solidified nature of the student body. In terms of demographic, the school has it all: old, young, foreign and native. It's beautiful to experience such a range of human being. The solidity I speak of reflects the inner person. The mindset seems to be so young. Liberation is a mere four-syllable word with no representation. Pompous as it might seem, I simply feel highly aware of this conformity. So what else is a guy to do but go to class, pay attention, and smile.

Reyna

Austin Community College is a great starting point to get rid of those basics that you don't want to take in a class of 300+ students in a university when you can take them here at Austin Community College with just 25 max peers!

If I could go back in time, specifically to my Senior year in high school, I would tell myself to apply to all the Scholarships I can! College is so expensive and having low income parents, no savings, no job at the time, apply, apply, apply. The one thing I definitely regret is not puting all the effort into getting things done! I would tell my self to take as many AP classes that I can! I would tell myself to go to the campus I'm planning to attend and get the counselors there to show me a plan of what classes I would need to take to accomplish my goals in the least amount of time! And I would scream and tell myself DO NOT TAKE A YEAR OFF!!! It takes longer to come back and your already behind a year from the prospect year of your college graduation. Instead of taking four years to graduate you are already going to take five years. That's if you don't take more time off. I would also tell myself to not be intimidated by college because you learn to become part of it! You adjust!

The BEST thing about Austin Community College is that you have different locations that allow you to choose whats closest to you, for example I live in Pflugerville and the Closest campus is Northrige but I work off of Lamar and 183 making Rio Grand the Campus that benefits me the most!

Matthew

More and more people have begun going to college, which basically means, all the people you went to high school with are going to be in college with you. If you thought college was going to be filled with intellectuals and all courses would be interesting, plan to continue on to a Master's or Doctoral program, because the students are the same in undergraduate school as they were in high school.

Listen to yourself; do not allow others to control you or your choices. Make your own decision and stick with it. Do not allow yourself to be distracted and fall off your course. If you do what everyone else is wanting, you'll dislike your chosen profession or degree program. Disliking your course choices will lead to failure, if not in your courses, then in life.

Diversity of the student body is the best thing about my current college. Previously I have attended a private university where the student body was primarily faint skinned and upper middle-class to upper-class in their socio-economic status. With the diversity of my current college a student is able to be more worldly and accepting of others. You can not only pull from one or two cultures, rather you can pull and engulf yourself in a myriad of cultures and gain experiences and wisdom from others.

Courtland

i would go play soccer my last year have a blast with that.also apply to as many grants as possible and try to get into a 4 yr college. save as much money for college as i possible can.

if you like big classroom settings you should not attend this school. the classroom sizes are around 15- 30 people while other colleges have 200 people in a class. if you like a campus that has multiple buildings that are in one mile radius this is not your school ACC has many different campuses. they can be 30 miles away from each other but they are around austin.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the tedious homework. As long as you keep up with the homework you will be on your way to the classes that you want to take plus graduate a lot faster.

Margaret

The funnest two year college that prepares you for the next level.

The funnest two year college that prepares you for the next level.

Hello hurry up enroll !!! We have so many certificates and degrees to finish.. Quit hesitating to travel and experience internships your going to regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The online program they have is very flexible and convenient for a student that has to work while going to school. All the counselors in every department are very helpful. There are always events going on planned by Student Life.

Caress

My school has classes between 15-30 people, which is very small. I like that very much because I learn more and have the opportunity to talk one on one to my professor if I need help.

Tutoring and group help sessions are usually a necessity when trying to maintain an A average. Not only is the idea of picking which class one wishes to go to, it can lead to a student being dropped from a class without a refund. There are many middle-aged adults going back to college to get their degree at the same time the 18-year-old college student is going to start his or her degree. Cutting class and taking make-up tests is no longer an option as it might have been in past high school experiences. Adapting to the reality of college is not an easy task. The inexperienced mind of a young adult can often play tricks on that person. Students have to learn to use their time wisely, and that last minute cramming will not cut it. A student must adapt quickly if they wishe to succeed. College life can be very stressful, a complete opposite of what many imagine. New students often find it hard to fit in with their fellow students. Often, students are not in classes with their friends, but with other students who sometimes can be old enough to be their parents.

The worst thing about my school is that it doesn't have all the courses for my major, which is Architecture. It only has the pre reqs. but not all of the other classes. So I have to eventually transfer to a university.

Maureen

Austin Community College is cheaper, and that is why it is the best place for me to take my lower division coursework.

I would tell my younger self not to be afraid because even though I have a lot to learn about life, I will only learn it in time, and I shouldn't be afraid of college. I would stress the importance of me taking advantage of the college couselor, taking the SATs, and even taking out student loans if necessary to pay for school. Over the years, I've learned that loans get paid off eventually, tuition rates rise, and taking classes part-time while working full-time takes a long time. I would try to impress upon my younger self that time is going to feel like it's flying, so I should go to school while I'm young because, later on in my thirties, I'm going to want my free time after working a long day, or I might want to go to graduate school like a lot of my friends at that time in my life.

Anyone can attend this school. The only kind of person that should not attend Austin Community College, is someone who has a full scholarship somewhere else.

reva

austin community collage is know for giving people a chance to do something with there life and go after there dreams.

i would have told myself what a great choice i was makeing and collage is the way i would also le me know no not to wait to enroll.

any one no matter you age race, background ,acc is open to any one.

Austin Community College District administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.