Austin, TX
Austin Community College District

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Austin Community College District

Victoria

I wish I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior. While I was in high school, I had no intention to college. During my junior and senior year I skipped and left school a lot. At the end of my senior year I thought about going to college, but I feel that choosing a college and deciding what you want to go to school for is a pretty major decision, so I decided to take a year off to decide what type of school would be best for me and what kind of career I?d like to have. I've learned from other people's experiences that college is mandatory if you want to have a good life for you and your family. If I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school I?d tell myself to make to make good decisions, not to skip school, go to college, and to do the best I possibly can to increase my chances for academic scholarships.

Amy

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior,I would tell myself to buckle down and take things a little more serious. It's my future at stake no on else's. I would learn to focus more on note taking and time management. college life is really different, thing's aren't just handed to you and if you really want to succeed and finally make your family proud you would step up and stop wasting so much time. If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would tell myself you have to and will make it into college, I just need to put in the time and effort to make a brighter future.

The Teachers hands-down. The really take the time to help you understand and the fact that classes aren't so huge you get to have a more one one vs a big college class.

To be honest there's not much to be frustrated about but if i had to choose it would be that the classes are some times hard to find and it's difficult to get a descent parking space.

ELIZABETH

Austin Community College has several locations which are convenient and provides a variety of times after five if you work full time.

Don't worry about working during college. Apply for financial aid and concentrate on your studies. If financial aid runs out then apply for scholarships. Then always know you will have the option for loans which you'll have to pay back once you graduate. Don't stress about having to take loans out because it?s a great investment. When you need assistance with your studies doesn't be hold back on using the tools that the university has given you that you've already paid for with your tuition. Never give up because when you're done with school that is the biggest achievement you'll make in your life. Getting your degree will open more doors than ever. You'll have far more options than anyone without a degree. Don't postpone getting your degree at a later date because it's always hard going back to school. Continue on with your studies and you'll be a success. You are very smart and you'll make it through the toughest times while you're in school. You'll meet people and remember everyone in that college is in the same boat. Help each other through this.

Its a great way to start college if you dont have any experience with college courses. Also, that it has several locations which are convenient and provides a variety of times after five if you work full time. It has great professors that set you up for success and you have a more interaction with them if needed.

My classmates are a diverse group -- recent graduates from high school, nontraditional students, men, women, every ethnicity, and from many different continents and countries.

Our school is best known for an accessible, affordable education that allows anyone the chance to begin their higher education, learn a profession, or improve skills to advance in their chosen field.

If I had the opportunity to give advice to the person I was as a high school senior, I would suggest taking the time to discover what I really wanted from my education. Going to college simply because it's expected, or because high school is over, is not likely to lead to the greatest benefit. I think it's important for students to take the time to explore, through work, travel, volunteering, reading, and other life experiences. It was only as an adult many years past high school that I really understood what type of education and career would give me the ability to earn a living doing something I love. The advice to take time to explore before selecting a college or university might sound risky to parents who are very invested in seeing their children make the best choices for their work and education. It might even make new graduates a bit nervous. However, I've discovered in my own life and through observing young people make the transition from high school to college, that education is much more effective and exciting when the student has real clarity and knows what she loves and wants in life.

Angel

If I could go back in time, the first thing I would do, is be enthusiastic about the future. I would explain to myself how hard life will be without college, and encourage myself to complete college. I would explain to myself that college life is a lot of fun, but it also takes a lot of hard work.

Cyndi

The student-teacher ratio is the best thing for me at this moment, and it is a very comfortable atmosphere.

If I could go back and give advice to myself or anyone else for that matter, I would tell myself to enjoy being a "kid". Responsibility not just for yourself but for your child is a very hard thing to do. Being a single parent makes that just a little more challenging. I would tell myself to try and work up to my potential. I would somehow convince myself to get an early college start by taking a couple of Jr. College classes during high school. Getting just one step ahead would help out a lot in the beginning of college. After you graduate high school, you become an adult, and with that comes responsibilities that some people just aren't ready to have. Take time to sit back and do your best and try different things in school. Run for senior class president or try getting involved in different clubs/organization. Life only gets better, so enjoy the small moments you have in between being a teenager and becoming an adult.

There are not enough classes available where I live. I work full time, so it's a little harder to find time to take classes during the evening so that it works with my schedule. I also have a four year old daughter, so being away so much takes a toll on her as well. If there were more classes available that are closer to where I live and work, going to school wouldn't be such an obstacle for me. Also the times that are offered, because of the schedule conflict is really hard for me to work with.

Andrea

College is very different from high school. You have more freedom, but it comes with a lot of responsibility. It might seem too hard sometimes, but it is worth the trouble. The classes are more interesting becuase you get to choose them, even though you do have to take some mandatory classes. You get to make your own schedule. After awhile, you realize taking those morning classes are actually better for your time management than the afternoon classes that seem so appealing at first. College is a good way to find out what kind of person you are, and who you want to be. It helps you see things in a different light. College doesn't just educate you , it changes your life.

The worst thing about my (and most) schools is the fact that colleges are more interested in getting money out of the students then trying to educate them. It'r ridiculous how much books cost, and how little they give you when ou sell them back.

Miguel

They try their hardest to really educate you.

They try their hardest to really educate you.

As a highschool student my life always revolved around friends, sports, and fun. Most of my worries came from being able to just get up to that 70% average grade, that way I would be eligible to play soccer. Throughout highschool I was never really into school and never really cared much about academics. My parents were pretty much happy with the fact that I passed my classes, as long as I graduated, that was fine with them. Towards the end of my junior year in highschool I finally started to open my eyes and realize that their was a life after highschool, something needed to be done. So starting my senior year I decided to give up soccer and NJROTC, in order to focus more on my academics. Although my coach really hated me for this I knew it was the right decision, it had to be done. So I took on a couple of AP classes and started thinking about taking SATS and worrying about college. I wish I wouldo've tried harder in highschool, if I could go back, Id tell myself to, "focus in school, worry about my future, prepare myself, it only gets harder."

The best thing abut my school is that the classes are smaller than a traditional college. The classes are not as expensive as a four year college would be. And it is very affordable. The instructors understand that textbooks are really expensive and take that into consideration.

Jeremy

Austin Community College is very non exclusive in their acceptance and this helps ppl get in easier.

Dont stray into the workforce. Grab your education while your young and finish strong. This will magnify your oppurtunities in the world and take you where you wanted to go the whole time. Procrastination only makes life want to teach you, in life's own little crazy way, that education is important and needs to be attended to first!

Austin Community College is a very attractive beginning for someone out of the education chain for almsot 10 years. However I have already noticed the one thing I would want changed about this particular South Austin Campus. The enrollment team and guidance counselers give off the attitude that they could care less if you enroll in their school and offer the barest of minimum of assistance while going through the enrollmen process. It seems as if their attitude should reflect more of the attitude expressed in the mission statement of the school.

Aaron

My classmates are the shinning representation of everything I think I'm not yet am so familiar with, we are all of the same species, but our minds are in different worlds.

?I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger?, is a lyric we can all empathize with. However, while the idea of time travel seems glamorous and sexy, the human condition still applies. I could tell high school Aaron that the world doesn?t owe him a single thing and there is no need to impress anyone, ever. Would he listen though? That?s the question. As if the song ?Ooh La La? by The Faces was the testament to regret, which is ultimately the reason anyone would want to go to the past in the first place. Regreting our experiences of growing up and occasionally failing. Is that something we all desperately want to throw away so badly? Pain, suffering and mistakes are crucial to growth There would be no counteracting moments of joy and pride if we didn?t feel like a worthless sack of pity sometimes. Those sometimes are just as special and priceless as the highest highs a person can reach within themself. Therefore, if I was able to talk to the old me, I wouldn?t say a damn thing.

The most agitating thing about my college would have to be the diversified yet solidified nature of the student body. In terms of demographic, the school has it all: old, young, foreign and native. It's beautiful to experience such a range of human being. The solidity I speak of reflects the inner person. The mindset seems to be so young. Liberation is a mere four-syllable word with no representation. Pompous as it might seem, I simply feel highly aware of this conformity. So what else is a guy to do but go to class, pay attention, and smile.

Austin Community College District administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.