Austin, TX
Austin Community College District

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Austin Community College District

Reyna

Austin Community College is a great starting point to get rid of those basics that you don't want to take in a class of 300+ students in a university when you can take them here at Austin Community College with just 25 max peers!

If I could go back in time, specifically to my Senior year in high school, I would tell myself to apply to all the Scholarships I can! College is so expensive and having low income parents, no savings, no job at the time, apply, apply, apply. The one thing I definitely regret is not puting all the effort into getting things done! I would tell my self to take as many AP classes that I can! I would tell myself to go to the campus I'm planning to attend and get the counselors there to show me a plan of what classes I would need to take to accomplish my goals in the least amount of time! And I would scream and tell myself DO NOT TAKE A YEAR OFF!!! It takes longer to come back and your already behind a year from the prospect year of your college graduation. Instead of taking four years to graduate you are already going to take five years. That's if you don't take more time off. I would also tell myself to not be intimidated by college because you learn to become part of it! You adjust!

The BEST thing about Austin Community College is that you have different locations that allow you to choose whats closest to you, for example I live in Pflugerville and the Closest campus is Northrige but I work off of Lamar and 183 making Rio Grand the Campus that benefits me the most!

Matthew

More and more people have begun going to college, which basically means, all the people you went to high school with are going to be in college with you. If you thought college was going to be filled with intellectuals and all courses would be interesting, plan to continue on to a Master's or Doctoral program, because the students are the same in undergraduate school as they were in high school.

Listen to yourself; do not allow others to control you or your choices. Make your own decision and stick with it. Do not allow yourself to be distracted and fall off your course. If you do what everyone else is wanting, you'll dislike your chosen profession or degree program. Disliking your course choices will lead to failure, if not in your courses, then in life.

Diversity of the student body is the best thing about my current college. Previously I have attended a private university where the student body was primarily faint skinned and upper middle-class to upper-class in their socio-economic status. With the diversity of my current college a student is able to be more worldly and accepting of others. You can not only pull from one or two cultures, rather you can pull and engulf yourself in a myriad of cultures and gain experiences and wisdom from others.

Courtland

i would go play soccer my last year have a blast with that.also apply to as many grants as possible and try to get into a 4 yr college. save as much money for college as i possible can.

if you like big classroom settings you should not attend this school. the classroom sizes are around 15- 30 people while other colleges have 200 people in a class. if you like a campus that has multiple buildings that are in one mile radius this is not your school ACC has many different campuses. they can be 30 miles away from each other but they are around austin.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the tedious homework. As long as you keep up with the homework you will be on your way to the classes that you want to take plus graduate a lot faster.

Margaret

The funnest two year college that prepares you for the next level.

The funnest two year college that prepares you for the next level.

Hello hurry up enroll !!! We have so many certificates and degrees to finish.. Quit hesitating to travel and experience internships your going to regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The online program they have is very flexible and convenient for a student that has to work while going to school. All the counselors in every department are very helpful. There are always events going on planned by Student Life.

Caress

Tutoring and group help sessions are usually a necessity when trying to maintain an A average. Not only is the idea of picking which class one wishes to go to, it can lead to a student being dropped from a class without a refund. There are many middle-aged adults going back to college to get their degree at the same time the 18-year-old college student is going to start his or her degree. Cutting class and taking make-up tests is no longer an option as it might have been in past high school experiences. Adapting to the reality of college is not an easy task. The inexperienced mind of a young adult can often play tricks on that person. Students have to learn to use their time wisely, and that last minute cramming will not cut it. A student must adapt quickly if they wishe to succeed. College life can be very stressful, a complete opposite of what many imagine. New students often find it hard to fit in with their fellow students. Often, students are not in classes with their friends, but with other students who sometimes can be old enough to be their parents.

The worst thing about my school is that it doesn't have all the courses for my major, which is Architecture. It only has the pre reqs. but not all of the other classes. So I have to eventually transfer to a university.

My school has classes between 15-30 people, which is very small. I like that very much because I learn more and have the opportunity to talk one on one to my professor if I need help.

Maureen

Austin Community College is cheaper, and that is why it is the best place for me to take my lower division coursework.

I would tell my younger self not to be afraid because even though I have a lot to learn about life, I will only learn it in time, and I shouldn't be afraid of college. I would stress the importance of me taking advantage of the college couselor, taking the SATs, and even taking out student loans if necessary to pay for school. Over the years, I've learned that loans get paid off eventually, tuition rates rise, and taking classes part-time while working full-time takes a long time. I would try to impress upon my younger self that time is going to feel like it's flying, so I should go to school while I'm young because, later on in my thirties, I'm going to want my free time after working a long day, or I might want to go to graduate school like a lot of my friends at that time in my life.

Anyone can attend this school. The only kind of person that should not attend Austin Community College, is someone who has a full scholarship somewhere else.

reva

austin community collage is know for giving people a chance to do something with there life and go after there dreams.

i would have told myself what a great choice i was makeing and collage is the way i would also le me know no not to wait to enroll.

any one no matter you age race, background ,acc is open to any one.

Tiffanie

Don't talk back to teachers because some of them will take it badlly and others better than they should. Never not do homework for you will fall behind. Don't join clubs because you are too easily distracted from your work at hand. Don't let your family tell you you can't make it in life because you are better than they think you are. Stay positive and make your dreams real.

Danielle

My school truly is an equal opportunity for all, discriminating against no one with an open door policy to anyone from every possible educational background with a will to learn, it represents fully what an educational institution should and is a critical asset to our community, the city and the surrounding area.

Don't rely on anyone else, not even the advisors and counselors to help you get where you are trying to be. Do not be afraid to ask questions and speak up, it is normal to have insecurities and to feel lost and hopefully there is comfort in that statement alone. It is OK to change your mind, it's your life, change it to fit your needs and desires as musch as you need to. Make friends with advisors and faculty members, if not for their advice, for the recommendation letters you might need later. Take every opportunity you can to volunteer and take advantage of any and all resources available. Most importantly learn something from every class, even the tough ones! Challenge yourself every semester and strive for the "A" everytime, even if you believe it's out of reach. This is when you educate yourself! Keep your eyes open along the way and maybe you'll find a career that makes you happy on the first time, but remember you can always try it again.

Lack of communication between the seperate offices and the advisors, the seperation of the Financial Aid offices from the College and incredibly small parking lots at almost all of the locations.

Lacy

Making the transition to college life should be exciting: do not stress out. Attending school not too far from home can be very helpful. Choose a school that is in a useful environment for when you do obtain free time, or incase you need a job. Make sure the school you choose offers majors you are intrested in and go for it. Do not slack off: your classes are a lot of your own money. You will need help. Therefore, apply for as many scholarships as you can. Be friendly and ask for help if you need it. Join an organization at your school. Organizations will help you meet people and get involved. Your parents will not be there to guide you. Learn when to stay in and study and when not go out with friends. Last but not least, stay healthy. Do not fall for the freshmen fifteen: continue eat healthy, exercise, and get plenty of sleep. Good Luck!

I wish I would have known more current students attending the school. Knowing other students would have given me confort in the new enviornment, along with useful advice from their past experience at the school.

The cost of attending classes, along with the price of books, can add frustration to attending school.

Austin Community College District administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.