Austin, TX
Austin Community College District

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Austin Community College District

Briana

I think the most unique thing would be that there are several campuses around town that offer night classes that makes my school schedual flexabile.

The best advice I would give my self is to put school as number one priority, friends and activitys second. I would tell my self to take more honnors classes to better prepare my self. I would say to take class more seriously, do all my assingments with learing in mind not just "winging it" . I would have tooken my SATs more seriously and studied before I took the test. Most importantly I would keep my parents involved and not try to "keep them in the dark" when it came to school work, and I would take every piece of advice they ever tried to give me. Because now I know they have already been there done that.

The most frustrating thing would be that I cannnot get a four year degree for nursing there, I have to transfer

Cintya

My school is comprehensive, teachers helping students like myself study for exams and being well organized.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the advice i would give myself was to prepare more for college, because when i was a senior i was undecided to my career goals. Now that i know how college is I think what i could have done better and that is gone directly to a university instead of community college, but what stop me was not knowing my major. When i first went to the community college i was still undecided but i was only taking basic classes and was thinking of one major to another, wasting my time and money. My advice would be first, prepare for what major i want and that i would like and prepare myself to get the best job , second, decide what university or college i want to go and third getting help with financial aid.Today im preparing to get my associate degree and know my major, by now i know that i could have finished my degree by now and have started a job, but that hasn't stop me from getting what i want and that is a better education for my future.

The worst thing i could consider about my school is there are few parking spaces, in my school we have parking garage and even if there is a parking space i have to park at the last parking spot there is, and the reason is the worst is we have to walk a lot to your classroom and back to your car. Another thing I thought could be the worst thing is the date the teachers put the exams the exact same date and we have to study alot.

Alesandra

be responsible, focus on schoolwork, and there is always time to have fun when you have your life on track.

The best part about a college is the enthusiasm and helpfulness of the professors to be involved with me and my academic work. also, a campus with places to do extracurricular activities like swimming or jogging. (College of Charleston)

Someone interested and rich in the arts and movement of the arts. Someone who wants to be in the center of the city and have fun every day! (College of Charleston)

Do not be afraid to make a difference for yourself. It is only you who will change your life.

It is difficult to look back now, but I do wish that there was more support in the public schools to encourage children to persue a college education. I am the only one out of four siblings that is atending college at the moment and it is because of self-motivation. I wish I knew that there are more options as far as scholarships are concerned.

The worst thing about my school is that I can not attend as much as I wish. Having a full time job and going to school is something that is not uncommon, but only those who are disciplined enough are able to succeed.

Dino

I would tell myself that college is completely different that what we are "trained" for in high school. As a 33 year old college student, I've learned that I took high school for granted. In college, I actually have to work for my grade, and there is no one to baby you. I'd also be sure to save money and tell myself whatever I do, try not to get yourself into debt.

The best thing about my school are the small classes, easy access to classes, and the instructors. Austin Community College has one of the best educational systems in the United States.

How reasonable tuition is and how many campuses there are.

Austin Community College District administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.