Austin Community College District

« See more reviews of Austin Community College District

If i could go back in time and talk to myself, I would tell myself to not be serious when I take classes and not just blow them off because I dont have to worry about being caught roaming the halls and I can sleep in now....I would be sure to tell myself to focus on what I want to do an take classes just for the sake of taking classes make sure they count towards something. I would also tell myself to keep up with the volunteer hours I was doing because it would allow me to be eligable for even more scholarships if I kept it up.

I would tell myself that you must establish good study habbits and learn very good time management skills. I would also tell them that college really isn't about partying and that it is a lot of work. Going to class, working full time and studying is a lot of work. No matter what your friends in highschool tell you about how easy it will be they are wrong. If you are out partying all the time you wont have time to study and in return you will get poor results in the classroom which is where it matters.

Never put anything off! If you organize your time better, not only will you complete all your assignments ahead of schedule, you'll find you have much more time to focus on your hobbies and having fun. You won't have to feel guilty about hanging out with your friends or watching tv, and you won't let stress build up until the last possible moment. Just put away all your distractions and focus on what's important, and you'll be much happier in the end.

I would have given myself the advice of starting to take college searching a lot more serious. As content as I am with my decision of getting my basics while staying at home; I think I would have had enjoyed starting everything off right off the bat. Due to our financial situation I would have also liked to have started looking for college scholarships a lot sooner, with more determination.

Don't talk back to teachers because some of them will take it badlly and others better than they should. Never not do homework for you will fall behind. Don't join clubs because you are too easily distracted from your work at hand. Don't let your family tell you you can't make it in life because you are better than they think you are. Stay positive and make your dreams real.

If i were able to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school student, i would tell me to take more time to study, take part in more activities in school, be more into school. College is much diiferent from high school much more than i knew. I would get me to condition myself with better study habits making the transition from high school to college less difficult.

I would tell myself that college is completely different that what we are "trained" for in high school. As a 33 year old college student, I've learned that I took high school for granted. In college, I actually have to work for my grade, and there is no one to baby you. I'd also be sure to save money and tell myself whatever I do, try not to get yourself into debt.

Listen to yourself; do not allow others to control you or your choices. Make your own decision and stick with it. Do not allow yourself to be distracted and fall off your course. If you do what everyone else is wanting, you'll dislike your chosen profession or degree program. Disliking your course choices will lead to failure, if not in your courses, then in life.

If i could go back in time, i would tell myself to finish school. So many of my friends that i graduated with are done with their degrees even their masters degrees and have their dream job. I wish i wouldnt have waited so long to go back to school. Now that I have i am more determined than ever to finish and get my degree in education.

Dont stray into the workforce. Grab your education while your young and finish strong. This will magnify your oppurtunities in the world and take you where you wanted to go the whole time. Procrastination only makes life want to teach you, in life's own little crazy way, that education is important and needs to be attended to first!