Austin Peay State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Austin Peay State University

Tierany

My overall opinion is that Austin Peay is an awesome school! The teachers are amazing and always available. There is always free tutoring for anyone who's needing help. The campus is very diverse. I have become friends with some extraordinary people from many different backgrounds and cultures. I am extremely proud to be a Lady Gov!

Timothy

My overall opinion of Austin Peay State University is that it is an excellent university. In my time at Austin Peay, I have learned much more than I would've thought. These things range from learning more about housekeeping to learning to do things independently of others. It has excellent resources in place in order to make sure you feel comfortable at the university and is fast to respond to issues or complaints.

shaylah

The school needs to do better at making sure that students are treated like a priority. As a student here, barely any of the faculty has shown any compassion. My adviser literally abandoned me because I decided to start taking online classes after my first year. I took online classes because I didn't feel comfortable on campus either. The housing department doesn't fully accommodate students to make them feel comfortable. They don't help with disputes between roommates. Most of the faculty don't care about you succeeding, they just care about getting paid.

Raegan

I love my school, but of course there's flaw about the school. The professors are great but you have some that will answer your emails and help you right away whereas, some of the professors will not be able to help you due to the fact that the professor may not be on campus. I lived on campus my first year of college and was placed on the waiting for the upcoming semester and was forced to look into off campus housing. The student life is great there are a variety of clubs and organization groups you can get involved in no matter your race, religion, and or ethnicity. I would definitely recommend my college to incoming students.

Clarissa

Austin Peay is located by Fort Campbell, so the military is pretty well represented on campus. Many of the students are non-traditional (returning to school aka they have families and a life outside of college) or commute, so if you're a traditional freshman coming straight from high school, you're going to be surprised by how lackluster campus life is. Campus is completely dead on weekends and after about 3 PM during the week, and the only food available then is the caf, subway, and the terrace, which don't offer too many choices. Parking is terrible if you commute; you could spend an hour looking for a spot if you don't get there right as classes are ending and people are leaving. If you aren't from around the Clarksville area, there is a high chance that you will feel very out of place. As far as traditional students, many of them grew up and graduated together, so cliques are already in place. Professors are great and are willing to work with students. Classes are not nearly as hard as I expect at a college level though. I feel like it is more on a community college level than university level. Basically, if you are looking to go back to school, AP is a great, cost-effective option to look into. If you are looking for a traditional university experience, you might want to look elsewhere.

Khadijah

Austin Peay is a pretty friendly school. The campus is small enough for you to know alot of people with in your year and maybe up and down a year as well. They try to make everyone comfortable no matter the ethnicity and the race. But like every college they have students who do not care and only come to party but you have majority that wants an education and participate in the fraternity life or sorority life.

Morgan

I Love APSU. I could not see myself attending any other university!!! the environment is amazing. we always have new, fun and interesting things happening around campus. the professors are top notch, and they are very willing to help you when ever needed. we have excellent support tool around, including the writing center, and the peer tutoring.

Tiffany

APSU has been the best experience I have received in college so far. There is always someone willing to help or offer advice. I have been involved in Greek Life and sports activities on campus and both have been unforgettable experiences. I have completely blossomed since I became a student at Austin Peay State University!

Alisha

I love it here!

Jada

Austin peay is a place where you can find a variety of diverse people. It is where you will have fun at different events and different extracurriclar activties. THe staff here t Austin Peay are very loyal. The faculty helps you move forward during your college year.

Kristina

Austin peay is a great school if you are looking for something small with a great 'college town atmosphere with a surrounding family based town. austin peay professors are easily accessible but most do not hold doctorates. There is a lot of diversity on campus and everyone is very tolerant of different ideas. There's always something happening in Clarksville.

rodrick

An excellent school, that wants every student to excel and maintain a way of life. Learning is a lifestyle here,and I'm proud to say I attend this superb institution of learning. They are very welcoming to adult learners which is a plus considering most adult learners find it difficult to go back into the classroom with someone that's not a peer.

Alexa

Overall, Austin Peay is a 4 out of 5 stars. There are always things students are not going to be fully happy with about campus, whether that be the food is nasty, the buildings are old, or there is something wrong with the elevator every single day, however, there's not much wrong ith Austin Peay. The professors are there to help you, well, most of them anyways, there's an abundance of opportunities and activities to do outside of the classroom and there are events going on all the time to help you stay engaged with your peers. Austin Peay is definitely a great school.

Mirna

I highly recommend this school for anyone looking for a campus that isnt huge but it isn't small. This is the perfect size you have the perfect opportunity to get the full college experience and fun. Classes are great the professors actually know your name and help you when you need it. The people are friend and there's always something to get involved in. This is an amazing school.

Tala

Austin Peay State University is an amazing school! The atmosphere is friendly and focused. The student population has diverse goals covered by the many majors/programs the campus offers. Whether you choose to participate in campus activates or prefer to avoid them Austin Peay is the place to be. The professors teach in a challenging manor, while being sympathetic and extremely helpful. Most of mine even adapted to MY schedule as a working full time student allowing me to succeed. Along with a relatively inexpensive tuition cost, APSU is fantastic.

Ceaser

Austin Peay State University is one of the universities in Tennessee with great name and reputation. The university has great number of programs, and their mode of delivery makes it even more interesting to enrol at the university. As a full time worker, I am delighted that the online program offered by the university has enabled me purse my master study

Daniel

Austin Peay State University is a great place to go if you want to engage in a rich learning environment while meeting new people and trying new social experiences. I am thoroughly enjoying the college experience that Austin Peay State University has to offer, and I recommend others to try it out!

Chloe

Overall, Austin Peay is a great school! It is known that most locals come to school here, yet over the past couple years it has become more popular to out of state students, like myself. The community feel is great, although the downtown atmosphere isn't great. There is one bar near campus and a couple expensive restaurants. The academics is great, so much easier than high school work.

Willie

Very nice. It's not a bad place to earn a degree. It's very hospitable to civilians and to the military. It really is not a huge party school, but Nashville is not that far away. I can say that the school is growing and evolving into a more modern type of school.

Richard

After attending this university for 4 semesters I can safely say that this university gets a bad representation. Although the facilities and may not be as highly funded as other schools the professors and the people you meet make you realize that anyone who is able to look past a few faults is here because they have a passion for what they do. I can assure anyone that is thinking of coming here, that although first impressions may make the school seem less than, anyone who looks beyond that is going to find everlasting friends and loving memories.

Madison

Austin Peay State University is a fantastic school with Fantastic students and staff. The school is very well kept with plenty of plants and animals running around. Its a great atmosphere for the on coming freshmen. I enjoyed my time anf my friends have too. I think more people should come to Austin Peay.

Valerie

Austin Peay is a very small and contained school, which I am very fond of. All the students are staff are able to come together and learn, without any problems. Campus involvement is huge here; they’re always having events going on. Also, they have over a hundred different clubs/ organizations you can pick from and join on campus. Overall, making it a great smalltown school.

Ranae

I visited Austin Peay State in November 2017, and I felt right at home. I was born and raised in Memphis, TN and I wanted to find the perfect college that fits my majors and minors and that I could move to a new place feeling as if I'm not too far from home. Austin Peay provides many opportunities and I can already tell that the staff and faculty will be very helpful and informative.

Allison

It could be a good school, but unfortunately nobody (even administration) knows what is going on in any department at any given time. Scheduling is strange and confusing, the websites we HAVE to use to register or do anything school related are known for being down about 40% of the time, especially during registration. Teachers are not punished for being cruel or over penalizing students. Often, administrations smiles at you and tells you that your problem is not theirs to fix and sends you to another department who refers you back to where you came from. There's no communication and everyone simply wanders around confused, waiting for someone to tell them what's happening.

Jessi

It looks like a very friendly place. I picked to go there because it's not too big and not too small. I've heard plenty of great things about Austin Peay not only from family, but from current students and alumni as well. I can't wait to go there in the fall!

I think this will be a great place for anyone who loves academics, sports, and food because the school is in a good location with plenty of thing to do while waiting to go to class or simply just hanging out on the weekends. The people are friendly and the scenery is great as well.

Allison

APSU has an excellent and safe program. There are also plenty of good classes for any of the majors or minors you might want to do. The fraternities and sororities are safe yet fun at the same time. They have good dormitories and the students and teachers on campus are always willing to help and talk.

aimee

I think that Austin Peay is a great college. I am a military spouse and I love how they take care of military families. The campus is beautiful and the teachers are always nice. There is always something going on in the court yard inviting people to do things. Its a great school over all.

Ali

As a local Clarksville Native, I was unsure about attending college in the same town that Im from but it ended up being the best decsion I could have made. I have found a new love for this university and all that they have to offer their students. Austin Peay genuinely wants to see their students succeed and if i had to pick colleges all over again I would still pick APSU,

Dakota

Overall, I would say that Austin Peay is a safe option for a quailty education. If you're worried about going to a school far from home, I would definitely tell you to consider Austin Peay. Sometimes it's a little difficult to get ahold of people in the offices, but they're generally much nicer and more helpful if you meet with them in person. I'd have to say that I'm proud to call myself a Governor.

Meghan

Austin Peay State University is a great school to go to. They really encourage all their students to get involved in campus activities and organizations. Professors have office hours that students can work with, but if the professor isn't available then there's resources on campus that can help also. Austin Peay also has hobbies that every student can find an interest in, and if they don't then they're free to create a group. Austin Peay is a choice if you're serious about your education and getting to know your professors. Also you'll be able to balance your social life here and get help from tutoring, which is provided in the Marks Building.

Nia

Austin Peay State Univeristy is a small college located in the heart of Clarksville, TN. The college is approximately thirty minutes away from a military base. Clarksville, TN is not much of a college town. It is very mediocre, in meaning there are no specialities but many things to do and get involved in.

Tori

I absolutely love Austin Peay! Everything and everyone is wonderful! Best college in Tennessee! They have wonderful professors and facilities! Everything you would ever need or want in a college is at Austin Peay! Their sports team are okay, but it's not always about sports!

Marlon

I enjoy the campus. My main complaint is the lack of communication, as many issues are not let known until the last minute. Austin Peay has a vast variety of clubs to participate in, which is good because that means that every student is likely to find a club that pertains to them.

Jess

It's a decent school. It has it's ups and downs, I imagine like any school. Some professors are great while others are freaking impossible. The campus majority is rather single minded, they don't seem to have many varying political opinions, which is good or bad depending on your view, I suppose. The healthy food is rather overpriced for the quantity but the burger place and Mexican joint on campus are great. I highly recommend checking out Einstein Bros Bagels. The school is at least better than Vol State community college. The atmosphere is at least pretty positive.

Jazmine

Austin Peay State University is a cozy university that offers plenty of extracurricular activities, encourage to become in volunteer services along with sororities and fraternities. Students are free to speak their minds and focus on academics in a fun manner. The library has multiple services to help students with research, writing essays and finding books; moreover, professors are willing to help in class, during office hours and outside of class. There is even a free health clinic and student counseling services to deal with the common cold or stress. Furthermore, Austin Peay is an advocate of having a dry campus, thus no alcohol. With all the services available, students can make new friends, become employed on campus, volunteer in or out of state, participate in clubs or sports, create a resume and apply for internships, and so much more. Although the parking is difficult, the unlimited student enrollment proves arduous for housing, and the food options are limited, these cons are still easily beat out by all the pros.

Patiricka

My overall opinion of Austin Peay is amazing. The school is very diverse and you will meet all type of people. The experiment I have had while at Austin Peay has been amazing I will be attending all Four years. The campus make me feel safe and there's always security.

Jeriney

Overall Austin Peay is a good school and I would recommend the university to anyone.

DysTnee

This is a great school for someone who has grown up in the city of Clarksville. The campus makes you feel right at home because right away you feel a sense of community. It really seems like everybody is here to help and genuinely cares about your success. One of the first things I noticed my first year here was how friendly everyone was. As a college freshman, it was definitely appreciated how easy everything was made for us. The transition period was personally my favorite time here. There are great professors here that are reasonable and understanding. I thought college was going to be terrifying, and maybe it would have been had I not gone to Austin Peay State University.

Zhana

It is my first year but so far it is great. It is a small city that's military based so most people there are military children which is good because it gives you diverse backgrounds on where they came from before going to AP or moving to Clarksville. The campus is never boring as far as I have seen especially when it's hot.

Ginny

I enjoy Austin Peay i wish there was more to do here on the weekends, but once you get involved you find things to do. I also wish the food was better our caf is not very good. This is our sports life has really come alive our teams are playing well.

stephanie

Very small campus, classes not too big. Not much diversity on campus but the CAMPUS does try to promote diversity. There are Manny groups and events to help facilitate diversity but the school also allows visitors who come on campus to try to preach their beliefs and call students horrible names based on sexual orientation or color of skin and when asked to remove the person from campus we are told they have a right to freedom of speech but as students we are not allowed to do anything even close to that.

Madeline

Austin Peay is a fantastic school. Between the homey dorm life and welcoming atmosphere of classes, I couldn't have asked for a better first semester of college. Not only is Austin Peay a beautiful and interactive place to live and go to school, but it also has something for everyone. For example, I'm not really into sports, but I am into the arts. There has been many famous artist who came to speak at my school and show off their art work. There is also many religious groups, which I have dabbled in during my first few months here at Austin Peay. Overall, this has been some of the best months of my life and would endlessly recommend Austin Peay to anyone who is thinking of attending.

Dale

Austin Peay is a great school to attend. Most classes are small, so the students can have a rapport with the professors. The professors know their students by name and are very friendly. There are lots of organizations you can join, and there are a lot of volunteer opportunities. Students are friendly and social. The campus is very culturally diverse and people are open-minded and helpful.

Dejah

I honestly enjoy the school. It's easy for teachers to help you because the classes are quite smaller. The resources on campus are awesome, especially the tutoring building. The food is great, lots of vegetarian/vegan options! It's a great school, in my opinion, mainly because it's a small school, close to home, and easy to get around.

Caselle

Austin Peay is Really a Great University , Inside and outside of class , the professors will work with you when ever your stuck or need help in a subject , And there are many activities you can get active involved with . I can say my first semester was a success , I did really well in my classes , And I met some pretty cool people , college is what you make it so you have to make the best of it .

Kamea

What I love about Austin Peay is that it feels like a home. I will be entering my third year this upcoming fall, and I just cannot wait to get back and see all of the friends that I have made and the friends that I will make. The school has made an impact on me most definitely.

Christopher

It definitely has a good atmosphere; a real small town type of environment. That small town feel makes it feel makes it feel like it is easier to connect with the community. Since the campus' size reflects Clarksville's population, the class sizes are small enough to make education personable, but large enough to keep them feeling isolated.

kathryn

I think Austin Peay is a great campus and an excellent school to enroll in. Everyone is willing to help when needed. They will make sure you feel as comfortable all through campus. The professors are willing to help the students understand more outside of class, but during office hours.

Katelyn

I feel that APSU is a very safe school. The students and teachers are very involved in the education and there are plenty of organizations, sports and opportunities. I will be attending there in the fall semester and I know I will have fun and know that my education and success is always the first priority to my professors.