Danville, VA
Averett University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Averett University

Carianna

First and foremost, nice choice in Averett; there are so many different people here from all over the world and nation. Don't worry that their accents are a little difficult to understand, just listen closely and don't be afraid to ask them to repeat it a billion times. Next, make sure you take a full credit load, preferrably 15 or 16 credit hours a semester. Also, if you really want to go to medical school...do it! However, double-check the application requirements for the medical schools you want to attend and make sure you have all the requirements to apply, you may have to double major in athletic training and biomedical science to prepare for specializing in sports medicine. Ohh, if you can take Physics and AP Calculus, you definitely should; it's so easy to transfer credits in from high school. Sometimes it'll be stressful and the tuition is pretty expensive but hold on, it gets better. You are going to break your family's cycle and obtain a bachelor's degree, you can do it! Most importantly, take a deep breath and go for a run every now and then.

The diversity on campus is amazing because it exposes you to numerous nationalities, cutltures, and religions. It is a great learning experience and will prepare students better for a diverse workplace.

I wish I better understood how to register for classes in order to complete all requirements for two majors in time to graduate in four years while taking manageable course loads each semester.

Erin

If I could go back and give myself advice while still in high school, I would tell myself to get more involved, fill out more scholarship applications and work harder at school. High school was a piece of cake compared to college. I wish in high school that I had tried harder to achieve the goals I had set for myself. I also wish that I had taken the scholarship process more seriously because I could not go to my number one choice of colleges due to tuition cost. I figured I did not have to try too hard on scholarships due to my GPA but I was wrong. Senior year in high school should be taken seriously. It can decide a lot of your future and you do not realize it at the time. High decides college and college decides your life.

Heather

I brag that it's a better school than DCC or DRMC school of Health Professionals.

I am a non-traditional student so I enjoy the fact that I only have to go to class once a week.

I would tell myself to make better decisions and the chose my friends more wisely. I would not trade my child for the world but there are so many different places or jobs that I could have already had if I had made better decisions and associated with different people. I am thankful for my family and friends and everything that I have but there are some things I would definately go back and change.

There are very small classes so students can form close relationships with the professors.

I have gained valuable memories that I would not trade for the world. In four years, I have accomplished so many things-- participating on a championship volleyball team, travelling to Europe and Costa Rica, and forming and participating in various campus activities. Many amazing individuals have found their way into my life and the friendships that I have formed will last a lifetime. Most importantly, though, Averett provided me with a thorough knowledge of the biomedical sciences which has enabled me to be accepted to a Master's program that begins September 2010. My goal in life is to become a doctor and my undergraduate experience successfully began the path towards my dream. Because Averett is a Liberal Arts College, I not only I gained the knowledge to fulfill the neccessary requirements for Medical School while in attendance, but I was given the chance to learn about a variety of topics that I otherwise may not have found interesting.

I wish I had known more about campus activities and the classes that I could avoid to earn a double major in four years.

Micahel

Well I have became more mature and independant towrds my self. College has turned me from a boy into a man of responsibilites and has showed me that life is what you make of it. People are givin chances every day here, some take them and some just let them pass by. College has been very valuable to me. It turned me in the rite direction when I was trying to go in the wrong direction. It will also make you cherish your parentes a little bit more than you did when you were in high school too. You become an adult while you are in college because you go through fazes where you have to make adult decisions. You also have to be care full of what decisions you make, because one bad decision can mess up your whole entire life. I always try to look at other peoples mistakes and remeber the price they had to pay before i go ahead and make a mistake of my own. This college stuff makes you very aware of things you would have just let in high school go through one ear and come out the other.

You have to wait for the cougar express to take you to class and some times its on time but some times its not and it gets me agrrivated.

Leanne

The one thing that is very unique to this school is the class sizes. The personal attention that you get from the professors in a smaller class size is amazing. If I didn't have personal help from my professors I would struggle greatly. They are more acceptant of me missing classes for sports events and always help me catch back up because they don't have that many people to watch over.

I have gotten alot out of my college experience. I have gained friends that I believe i will keep for a lifetime. I have also joined a athletic team that is now like a close knit family. The best part is I have learned so many things that I can relate to my everyday life. I love attending Averett University and wouldn't have chosen any other school.

The worst thing is that it consists of mostly football players. This is bad because they believe that they run the entire school, and they can pretty much do whatever they want. They also get all of the scholarships available at our university because alot of them come from lower class neighborhoods.

LaToya

If it was possible for me to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would let myself know that I needed to develop better study habits. I also would convince myself to join school clubs, such as a foreign language clubs or community active clubs. I would also cooperate in after school activities as well. Mainly I would tell myself that I could be able to attend a college away from home instead of deciding to still leave in the same place and just commute.

Before I began to attend Averett Unversity I wish I had known that it would have been better for me to participate in more high school activitites.

I honestly don't think that there are any bad things about Averett University, I actually like tis school.

Dionne

The best thing about my school is that its small campus creates a very relaxed feeling. It decreases the nervousness one feels when one first arrives on campus. It also has very nice, understanding professors.

This school is best suited for individuals who prefer more student-teacher interaction and smaller classes. It also specializes in physical fitness, equestrian studies, biomedical sciences, aviation and education. So if any of these are a person's chosen major then Averett's definitely the right school for them.

There are many things i would tell myself in high school if I could go back in time. I would advise myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible, regardless of how long some might be. I would also advise myself to come up with some sort of organization system that would help me keep everything in order and to manage my finances wisely. In addition to this, I would also tell myself to avoid falling into a habit of procrastinating on small and important things from doing homewrok for the next day to studying for midterms. I would also stress to myself the importance of helping others and giving back to the community. I would tell myself to participate in organizations such as Habitat for Humanity and Phi Theta Kappa. The last thing I would tell myself is to believe in myself and to not be intimidated by anything that I would face because it is something to be enjoyed not feared. Once I had imparted all that I had learned through my experiences as a college student I would hope that my younger self would heed my suggestions and improve the already wonderful present time period.

Averett University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.