Kansas City, MO
Avila University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Avila University

Erika

Avila University is a good college with a lof of different academic careers. it offers a lot of opportunities to the students regarding extracurricular activities but the food of the cafeteria is not good.

Josie

I absolutely LOVE Avila. I had a friend go here, and I figured I would give it a shot, and fell in love with the campus and the lifestyle during my campus visit. And I love the classes here and how the teacher actually knows who you are, unlike bigger campuses like Mizzou. There's roughly 15 students to a teacher, so classes are not big at all, and everyone is friendly.

Betty

I feel as if the Avila professors and staff are there to help and encourage me to succeed any way that they can. They have created an open relationship with everyone on campus. I feel safe anywhere from the classrooms and into the parking lots. The university have very high teaching standards so you know and feel like you are making a great choice.

Irving
Avila University best catholic school in Kansas City

Avila is one of the best universities I have been to. I'm looking forwar to be back.

Avila University best catholic school in Kansas City

Karla

The best advice that I could of given to myself is don't give up, stay true to yourself when making transitions life. Be motivated and prepared to climb that mountain from high school to college implementing the 3 p's; plan, priortize and know when to incorporate play. For example, college life consists of 16 weeks per semester. Most colleges offer on or off campus extracurricilar activities. The personal advice I gave to myself was to develop a routine blocked study schedule as time allows break away from the mundane life of becoming a nerd with no life, by doing that is fun and recreational allows the body to release stress and tension. Clearly then, college life does not have to be a life chore. When one finds the secret of how to balance one's priority. Finally, transition to stay focus and work to study hard.

Only those who are motivated to persevere and endure to the end.

Avila is a great place for anyone who serious about earning their degree with a career focus minded individual. When you come be ready to work hard.

vincent

The biggest suggestion I would make to myself is to take my time. Plenty of people start college right out of high school due to pressure from friends and family or simply to stay up with school work ethic. It took me a while to choose my major (Radiology) and I had to be sure before I chose it. I only wish that I had not wasted so much time in persuing a career that I wasn't ready for. College is a privalege and an amazing one at that. It should not be wasted. Slow down, enjoy your studies, enjoy the school environment, and focus on what you want to do in the future and start right away to secure the means to gain the things you've always wanted.

Stacey

The best people that I have ever met in my life, and will leave a great, lasting impression!

I would first tell myself that everything gets better and slightly easier. So take a deep breath. High school brought along many ups and downs. Just shake it all off and keep moving forward. College will be an unforgetable time in your life. It will bring many oportuinties and experiences that you have to hold on to. Everyone wants to see you succeed even when it doen't seem like it sometimes. The college professors push you because they really do care and can see the potential and talent that you have when you don't see it. Be patient with yourself and others. There will be times when you don't think you will succeed, but don't give up, and remember that no one is perfect. Starting off in at a new school in a different state is scary, but you are strong, smart, and will greet anyone with a smile. So let thoses be your strong points, and great things will happen.

It has litterally took me forever to think a simple answer to this question. I have come to the conclusion that I think I knew was the answer since the beginning. The worst thing about my school? My answer is surprisingly, nothing! It is hard sometimes for students to find a school that fits them, and I am lucky that Avila University was my perfect fit. I could not have asked for a better place to expand my education and my career/goals in life! Surrounded my students and teachers that have one goal: Life long success!

Maggie

Avila university is a small, welcoming community that allows each student to thrive, and the faculty here is really friendly and wants to help each student learn; you can tell they aren't just here because it's a job!

This is my first semester as a college student, and wow, there's just so much to say. For starters, I've learned how to live on my own and it has really helped me become closer to my family because I don't see them as much. College is such a different experience than high school is, it helps students grow up and really understand that this is the real deal...we're on our own know. I've also been taught a lot, classes are so much more difficult than high school classes; but I've actually learned things! It's like all of a sudden you can't just waltz through classes anymore, you really have to try and take the time to really study. This has taught me so much, including that if I try I can accomplish so much more than I thought possible of myself. This has been one the the hardest, but best, experiences of my life. If i would have chosen not to attend college, I don't believe I ever would have realized how much I can do with my life.

At Avila University, I would have to say that the campus food is the worst part about it. So if you're going to come here you can't be a picky eater or you better be ready to do some shopping of your own!

December

I would tell myself to apply for every scholarship and grant that i could. College is very expensive when you pay for it out of pocket. I would also tell myself to be responsible and not get behind on assignments; in high school, its easier to catch up if you miss a day or two but in colloge missing one day is like missing a whole year.

The worst thing about my school is the wifi system because some of the computers dont work connect with the printers which is an inconvenience when your in a hurry to print an assignment

A person who enjoys close relationships with other students and learning in a small environment.

Mollie

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would reassure myself that college life was going to be everything that I had expected and hoped for it to be. I love college and my transition was very smooth. My biggest anxiety about coming to school was that I was very close to my friends from high school and while I am an outgoing person I worried about not finding a good group of friends at school. In giving my high school self advice I would tell myself to quit worrying because I would find a fabulous group of friends; the bonds that I will make with my college friends is deeper and are more comparable to bonds that are seen within a family. I am so blessed to have my school family and having a strong school family can truely make all the difference in a college experience. My Avila Family makes my college experience the best time ever and that is what I would tell myself to look the most forward to.

The worst thing about my school is that they are not the best at communicating to students the specifics to move in days at the beginning of the year and telling us when the dorms open again after breaks, so we know the exact day we can come back.

A person that does not like very personal relationships should not attend this school. You are not just another face in the crowd at Avila, so if that is what they are looking for then Avila is definately not the school for them.

Avila University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.