Avila University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Avila University

Irving

Avila is one of the best universities I have been to. I'm looking forwar to be back.

Brelande

I love Avila. The day I stepped foot on the campus just to visit, I felt welcomed. Before I was greeted the campus just had a welcoming atmosphere and I loved it. I knew Avila was my school the second I set foot on the first step of Blasco Hall as the fountains on either side of me were constantly spraying mist into the humid summer air. I did not want to leave and I prayed to get accepted there and my prayers were answered. So far in school, the visit was out done. The campus is perfect. Not too big and not too small, everything is right there. Not only is the campus small, but if say an individual does not want to deal with the rain or snow, the tunnels are the perfect alternate route for students. The faculty, I do not know where to start. I have never had someone care about my education so much (outside of my family). Every teacher, office worker, janitor wants to see each and every student walk across that stage. It almost brings me to tears. Avila is not just a school trying to get money out of it's students, it wants the best for everyone attending. Avila is the best school. Hands down.

Gavin

Very nice place although it can be a little deceiving. I wish they would’ve been up front about some issues pertaining to how average the dorms are instead of saying they are great. The theatre program is literally the best around and i wouldn’t trade that experience for anything else

Tiffany

My opinion of Avila University is that it is an overall good school, some programs I believe need more faculty in order to create more flexibility, students are able to have more class options, and things are more organized. But overall the faculty was very helpful in directing me in the right direction and would be more than willing to take extra time to sit down with me if there was any confusion or I needed guidance.

Brooke

My overall opinion of Avila University, is that it is a wonderful school with great connections and opportunities. There’s something there for everyone and what they are interested in whether it’s academics, sports, or other extra-cuticular activities and clubs! The school is a perfect size, which makes classroom settings perfect for teachers and students to actively participate with one another.

Coletha

Avila University is a great school, they really help in accommodate students like myself who are disabled. They make sure that I have a scribe, which is someone who takes my notes for me due to the fact that my hands are somewhat contracted. I am a quadriplegic, but that does not stop me from earning a degree in education. And what the hell with this cool I know that I can make it, and it's achievable is believing.

Betty

I feel as if the Avila professors and staff are there to help and encourage me to succeed any way that they can. They have created an open relationship with everyone on campus. I feel safe anywhere from the classrooms and into the parking lots. The university have very high teaching standards so you know and feel like you are making a great choice.

Kristina

Avila University is a private "catholic" college. There is some religion, but it is not forced down your throat if you choose not to participate. The staff and faculty are all so kind and all really care about you. The teachers all really get to know you and make sure you are doing okay emotionally as well as in class. Most of the dorms are very run down, but the newest one is very nice. Your books are included in tuition so you do not have to search for or pay for your books yourself. And laundry is FREE!

Josie

I absolutely LOVE Avila. I had a friend go here, and I figured I would give it a shot, and fell in love with the campus and the lifestyle during my campus visit. And I love the classes here and how the teacher actually knows who you are, unlike bigger campuses like Mizzou. There's roughly 15 students to a teacher, so classes are not big at all, and everyone is friendly.

Erika

Avila University is a good college with a lof of different academic careers. it offers a lot of opportunities to the students regarding extracurricular activities but the food of the cafeteria is not good.

Garland

I love going to Avila University. It’s a private university so the class sizes are smaller and more intimate than other universities. I’ve made great friends and established great relationships in a supportive and safe environment and overall, I enjoy coming here! I hope that others can see that as well.

Tristen

Avila University is my second chance at life. I've never truly had a place that I can call home, but being at Avila feels like home. The people are so kind and welcoming, the diversity of different ethnic groups is intriguing,the classes are small and because of that you can get to know others on a more personal level, and it has a small town feel to it even though we are in Missouri's largest city. I hope to be able continue my education here and graduate from here because this is the only campus that I have truly come to love.

Jayne

Avila is a small college located just slightly outside of Kansas City Center. It's class size is usually a max of 25 and the professors are all engaging, interested in their students and experts in their fields. The campus life is ok but sports aren't very big and for a busy person (who works part time and goes to school full time) it can be hard to attend their events. The students are friendly and overall there is a great feel around campus. Right beyond campus is plenty of restaurants and shops.

joseluis

I think Avila university is an amazing institution. The academics are outstanding and the professors are great and always available to whenever you need to talk with them. This is a great university for those looking to get a great education and aren't too concerned about the big university experience.

Loretta

Avila is a small university. Everyone usually knows each other pretty well. The teachers are almost always available and the classes are good because they are smaller than usual. The university isn't in the city but inside neighborhoods of nice rich houses. The city isn't too far away though.

Brooklynn

I love Avila University. Although I wish we had more restaurant options on campus, there are plenty off campus, less than five minutes away. The thing I love most is the people. The staff is kind and always offering help. I plan to go here throughout college.

emily

Avila University in my opinion is the best school in Missouri, I say this because nit only have they opened up doors for me career wise they have helped me grow as a person. there is so much good that the goes on on campus with the students and staff but also for the community for example Campus Ministry, they go in to the community and spend time with the elders, they hold food drives and genuinely help everyone on and off campus. that's is just one of the many great things about Avila University.

Janay

To be blunt Avila University has literally saved my future. My home life has not been great at all and they have been very understanding and flexible with me. The sole reason why I chose Avila is because it is very close nit and since day one they have made me feel life a part of their family. The teachers, staff and students are beyond helpful, respectful and accepting. Then there is the religious aspect of Avila although it is a Catholic University they don't pressure you to become a Catholic nor make you feel unwelcome like other religious affiliated universities. With that there is the fact that they have an organization called Campus Ministry. This organization within the university is all about helping the community. Overall I am proud to an Avila Eagle.

Katrena

Excellent smaller school. The campus is nice and easily accessible. It is close to the center of Kansas City. Our professors are active advocates for their individual passions and make the classes fun and interactive. There is a large offering of sports.

Cassandra

Avila is a good school at around the people are really friendly. If you get lost or need help doing anything they will help you. It is simply amazing. There is security on campus, that all you have to do if you do not feel comfortable walk back to you dorm or to your car, you can call them.

Chloe

Avila University was a great university with a small campus that allowed for an immense amount of one on one time with professors along with many successful sports teams and a wide variety of clubs to join no matter your interests. I always felt included in all campus activities and I have met many memorable people who attended or taught there.

Paige

I believe Avila is a school that welcomes anyone with open arms. My first visit to this campus was amazing. The campus is extremely nice and while it's small, it doesn't have too small of a feel. We are an extremely warm campus that excels in not only academics but also community.