Azusa Pacific University Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

Felicia

The dorms are pretty big! I was really surprised how spacious and roomy it is. They community bathroom is great because they way its structured, you get your privacy. All the horrible rumors you heard about the community bathroom is not true at APU! Most of the building are divided into north and south side.

There are four dorms on campus: Trinity, Engstrom, Adams, and Smith. Trinity and Engstrom are co-ed, Adams is an all-girls dorm, and Smith is an all-boys dorm. Trinity is the newest dorm, and it usually the highest in demand. I lived in Trinity and loved it. There are five floors: two boy floors and three girl floors. There is a communal kitchen called "the nook", a study room on each floor, and a community bathroom. My hall was generally pretty good about leaving doors open, and everyone was friendly. There was a lot of hall community. Many rooms my year were also tripled instead of just doubled; I had three people in my room. I still had plenty of room, and I honestly liked it a lot better than if I were to just have one roommate. It brought a lot more to the room. Engstrom has one boy floor and three girl floors, and they are set up "suite style", where two rooms share one bathroom. When I visited, not many people had their doors open. The boys are especially close in Engstrom because there is only one floor of them. There are also community kitchen/lounge areas on each floor. Adams and Smith both have two floors. My year, the Smith boys had a very tight-knit community, and they all were really wild and free. The Adams girls also are close to one another, although I did not have much experience with Adams.