Babson College Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Sam

The most common stereotype about Babson students are that the are rich white snobby kids. I have also heard that Babson has a very high work-load, so students do not go out on the weekend.

Dale

Very Entrepreneurial

alison

Ever since I decided to go to Babson, I have heard every stereotype in the book about our students. No we aren't all diehard business nerds who dream to work on wallstreet. No, we aren't all driving BMW's and use both parking spots that Babson makes available to us. And yes, we DO have parties. Just because our curriculum is challenging, doesn't mean we don't know how to party. Believe it or not, there are down to earth, fun loving kids. However, they can be hard to come by. I think you just need to search a little harder than normal to find the friends you click with best.

Jess

We are stereotyped as rich, diverse, pushy, and cocky.

Jesse

They are all very smart and competative.

Walter

1. We're all filthy rich. 2. We're all about entrepreneurship and start-ups. 3. There is no social life on campus.

John

Stereotypes about Babson is that it is a preppy school where no one cares about the actual college but just about preparing themselves for life in the business world.

Ryan

That they a rich...spoiled...preppy...holier than thou republicans...money hungry spoon-fed delinquints that will screw each other over for money...

Jerry

-they are all snobby, bunch of rich kids

Stereotypes of Babson is that there is no social life and the work load is comparable to being at an Ivy. Stereotypes of Babson students are that everyone either has or will be starting their own business, we are all Republicans, and everyone is wealthy.

Becky

The international students are filthy rich, Very large guy:girl ratio

Madison

One stereotype is that the students are extremely wealthy and pretentious. Babson students tend to drink a lot, but it's not a party school and the social scene is pretty bad.

Tristan

Well, many people believe that Babson students are full of rich kids compared to our rival, Bentley which is supposedly more like "normal people". Also, many other college students seem to believe that the Babson students are preppy, conceited, and can only think of money and becoming rich at the expense of the world. On top of that, many people seem to believe that Babson is really hard and the workload is overwhelming. Another one is that the male to female ratio is off. That there is much more males than women.

John

Students here are considered rich, greedy, motivated, and elitist from the outside.

Babson students are very focused on Business. They are always talking about what is going on in the market place. Many students have started their own businesses or are working on writting business plans. Babson is very diverse and has students from all over. Babson students work hard, and have time to have fun in Boston as well. I would say the typical Babson student is very involved in the community, and takes pride in knowing that they are contributing to the generations to come.

Rafael

We are all rich and have nice cars. We are always on our cell phones. The international kids all smoke and hang out almost exclusively with each other. All we care about is making money. It's a conservative campus. There are no gay people.

KJ

We are all crazy entrepreneurs Rich kids who drive expensive cars Babson International Student Organization (BISO) Babson High Back Pack School

Torry

The stereo types are that we are arogant assholes. Stuck up, and pompous. Babson students will also do anything to gain an advantage over their fellow students, Babson teaches you to.

Taylor

That they are mostly international and that they don't have any school spirit and don't support our sports teams. Also they are too busy to do anything but work.

Marissa

Before coming to Babson, I heard there was no campus life, that it's all business and no liberal arts, that there's no sports, and that the international students are bitches/assholes. I also heard it was amazingly diverse, an excellent business school, prepares you for the real world, and helps you find a job right after graduating.

Melissa

-All international -Everyone is rich

Alex

stuck up, rich, lazy, BISOs, overacheivers

That people study a lot and are driven/competitive. Also that people are stuck up.

Charlie

Snobby, rich, stuckup

Some steretypes are that Babson students are rich preppy kids that have all gone to private schools and come from fortunate families. There are also a handful of international students

Cameron

Nothing in general..but Babson as a college is fun to be in..lots of activities are planned each weekend..you have lots of opportunities to go off campus. There is a lot of work and it is a very difficult course. people here are very fashion conscious

Babson is stereotypically a school for business students who are very smart and do not go out and go home on weekends.

Laura

everyone is here just to make millions when they graduate. people are unfriendly, people drink heavily but once you're drunk there's nothing to do

Brian

100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} business focused, rich kids, lots of work

Rory

Some stereotypes about Babson is that its all about business and student's just want to get rich on wallstreet. Babson is full of rich kids. There is no social life at Babson. The grades are deflated or the course load is unbearable.

Joseph

That all Babson students are wealthy/affluent/spoiled. That every student drives a Mercedes or BMW. That everybody views education as a means to an end, and is not actually interested in learning for learnings sake.

Jerry

There are a lot of stereotypes about Babson and Babson students. Regarding the school, people say that Babson is completely focused on business, entrepreneurship, and making money. I've heard people say that Babson can be like a concentration camp - the work is hard and there's no way out. I've also heard somewhere that there is no social life. Regarding the students, I've heard rumors that all Babson students are too focused on business, are conservative, wealthy, and don't know anything about the liberal arts.

Brendan

The school is enitirely rich white surburbanites or wealthy international students.

Wealthy