Baker College of Clinton Township Top Questions

I have learned how to manage my time efficiently thus far. Attending college part time (12 credit hours) and working full time (50+ hours a week), has actually caused me to be more responsible. Time management has been improved drastically.

amber

I attended school for 3 semesters before doing a study abroad program in Australia. that semester changed my life. I learned to appreciate how isolated the US is compared to the rest of the world. I try to let people know how important it is to their personal development if they venture outside of our country. It can and should be a life altering experience

Leanne

Overall, I received a complete knowledge of the business world from my college experience. I learned what it takes to make it through not only the college classroom, but the global business world as well. I recieved knowledge from not only my professors, but from all of my fellow classmates. Required participation and attendance made it easy to keep up with the coursework and learn what it takes to not only be on time for school, but for work as well. My experience at Baker College was one that will be with me for the rest of my life. Each class allowed me to gain more knowledge of the business world and to be the succesful business women I am today. I am appreciative of my college experience; it made me want to continue my education at a small college, which is why I am trying to fulfill a masters degree in business this fall. Through their required internship, the college allowed me to not only recieve an education, but gain work experience at the same time. Without my success and valuable experience at Baker College, I wouldn't be where I am today.

Zoe

In regards to my college experience, I cannot comment as of yet because I have not begun. My university experience will, in fact, commence in September 2010, but already I am able to state that my post-secondary education is going to be the best move I could have ever made. Eight months ago, I was laid off from my job of three years and was left feeling hopeless and discouraged. With the job market as saturated as it is with unemployed people like myself, I was unable to find a job I was qualified for and the ones I was qualified for were given to people with slightly more skills. After four months with no job prospects, I decided that no matter what happened I was going to return to school the following fall to upgrade my skills so that something like that could never happen to me again. As a single person paying rent, bills, tuition, books, and travel expenses for up to 180km of driving per day, I am trying to get as many scholarships or bursaries as possible to help me in my journey to a higher education!

I enjoyed attending classes in the evening with other older students. I have a learning disability and the teaching staff allow the use of my digital recorder which helps me to remember the lectures. The learning center is helpful with private tutoring.

'Assume you could go back in time and talk to yourself as a high school senior'...this is something I think about almost everyday. I wish I could go back in time and maybe smack some sense into myself. I was one of those high school seniors who thought they didn't need to know what the teachers were teaching in high school because what I wanted to do as a career didn't have to do with childish Math and English skills. I would definitely tell myself that even though I feel as if my High School grades and ACT scores don't matter, they do. They matter a whole lot. Five years after high school and three colleges later they still pull out my ACT scores to place me into certain classes. Everything in high school matters. Everything you do in your life matters, people form opinions about you based on certain terms: your looks, the way you present yourself, and yes, your grades. When I finally transferred to Baker and they looked at my grades I'm sure they thought: Slacker, but I've realized grades mean everything and have worked hard to earn my 3.10!

Philip

If I could go back in time, I would have told myself to apply for scholarships non-stop for a year straight in order to pay for my college. I would also tell myself to work harder academically.

LaNecia

If I could go back in the time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to stop playing around and start looking into some schools. Looking at one school is not good enough. Also look into some scholarships about the schools you think you want to attend. That would be all the advise i would give myself. I like everything that I did while I was in high school. Every thing turned out great and it went just the way I like. I would not want to go back and change the past so the future can look better.