Jackson, MI
Baker College of Jackson

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Baker College of Jackson

Melissa

I think Baker College of Jackson is great but there is nothing here. There is no bookstore or library anymore and there are no extracurricular activities. I wish there were more outside of class options but there is not. Also there is no cafeteria here and very limited options in the vending machines. I would not be surprised if the college shut down but I hope there will be more options for students in the future.

Amy

Baker College of Jackson is very easy to get to. They are very helpful in getting set up with your classes and are very helpful with help students to be successful in their studies. Their main goal is to see their students graduate and go out very prepared for their new career.

The college has lots of opportunities to get help for class work and tests at the library. The teachers are nice and are helpful with homework and tests. The school campus is clean and well kept. The food is good; however, a bit expensive. Overall, the school is a great place to learn and find good people to converse to.

Annie

Baker College of Jackson is a fantastic option for those who are not on the traditional student trajectory as well as those who are returning to school later in life. The campus supports the student with a full time career who also carries a full course load. Homework and classwork expectations are manageable with a realistic course timeline. The teachers are almost all part time, they come from their "day jobs" to teach the students. This provides a faculty that is active in the industry of study, but can also result in worn and over-stretched teachers. Baker of Jackson sometimes struggles to find qualified faculty to teach higher level classes (within the engineering field for example). In some cases the teachers are asked to teach outside of their knowledge base which occasionally causes student complaints. Overall, Baker College of Jackson is a good academic option, but it does differ from the traditional school. Many changes are also being made as the school attempts to expand which occasionally harms current students. Very affordable for a private college. Class sizes are small too.

Shauna

The class sizes are small, around 20 students and under, which means you can easily get one-on-one attention from your teachers and get to know your classmates. The teachers really seem to care about whether you succeed or fail. There are plenty of online options for courses, if you are unable to attend classes in physical classrooms.

Molly

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would have several suggestions to help ease the transition from high school to college. The first thing I would tell myself is to use my time wisely. I found that it was easy to get through high school without having to dedicate most of my free time to school work and studying. It is funny how you go to less classes than high school but have so much more work to do. I wish I would have been aware of how much work I was going to have to do in college so I would have been more prepared to manage my time better. Another thing I would tell myself is to be organized before you have time to make a mess. I wish I would have set up a designated work area because it really is hard to focus on school work if your life is cluttered.

Charissa

My classmates are generally working people looking to either advance in their line of work or learn a new trade/skill; due to the economy in Jackson, MI and the dwindling factory jobs, most of the students I attend school with are their for higher education that was not required for factory work so they will be able to reapproach the world with more resources, knowledge and skills.

Be ready! College sounds great and getting out there on your own is a challenge that you are ready to tackle but be prepared for what is in front of you in just a few short months. You should begin your search for scholarships and aid now, and be sure to keep your GPA in good standing these last few months of school. Apply to every college that interests you even a little. I realize that the big question right now is "what do I choose a major...?", welll let me tell you that it really is not easy. This may be cheesey, but follow your heart! You are going to end up choosing what you love anyway so you might as well start off in the right direction. Trust yourself and be confident in your deciscions and remember that this is a life experience and you should enjoy it fully and absorb everything around you. Learn from everything not only classes and professors but the other students and student life. Most importantly, work hard to be your best. There is no sense in doing this college thing half-way, when you know you can do great things.

To have to been better prepared financially for this school would make the current experience better. Better, in that I could fully focus on my education without the stress of work and finances. Had I known that saving for college and searching for scholarships prior to attending, I think that I would be able to be more successful.

ryan

If I could go back in time and give myself advice I would have told myself to really think about what I decide to do after high school. Some decisions I made wern't the best decision to make.

My school is a great because the way the program is set up is that you have to get a C or better in the class to pass, if not then you will have to retake the class until you do. That really make me buckle down and study.

Anyone that want to atend college should think about Baker College if there is one near the are area.

Heather

The employment rate of those that graduate from the school.

The employment rate of those that graduate from the school.

Start a fund for college and not wait until I start college to try to find the funding.

The employment rate of those that graduate from the college. They will teach you what you need to know, as well as help you find a job when you get done with school.

Baker College of Jackson administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.